The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 348 Dialogue Part 2

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Even though Alpha-san said she wanted to talk, may I start by asking a few questions?"

"Yes, I don't mind. One of my goals is to gain your understanding, Rain-san."

"That's helpful."

It might be premature, but she doesn't seem like a bad person. She has a friendly personality, and it's very easy to talk to her. 

Well... she's the one who created this situation, so I shouldn't completely trust her.

"Then, let me ask you directly... why are you doing this?"

"That is quite direct. Hehe, I don't dislike straightforward people."

Alpha-san smiles gently.

It's incredibly difficult to deal with someone who shows such a friendly demeanor. Up until now, those I've confronted have shown clear hostility. Even Iris, when we first met, was full of hostility. 

However, Alpha-san is different. She seems no different from an ordinary person... Honestly, it's throwing me off.

"Don't you think the world is full of unreasonable things? Disease, accidents, crime, malice... these things can strike unexpectedly. Only a few people can resist them. Most people get swallowed up, hurt, and become unhappy."

"...Well, I can't deny that."

Though she's exaggerating a bit, what Alpha-san is saying isn't entirely wrong.

"I want to save those who have become unhappy. No, I want to eliminate unhappiness itself. For that purpose..."

"You created this situation?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"And how exactly do you intend to do that?"

"By using my abilities as a supreme being, and with the cooperation of Iris-san here."

I saw Iris turn her face away awkwardly. It seems she regrets her actions.

"The specific methods are..."

"I'm sorry, but that's a secret. For now, since I don't know how Rain-san and the others will act, I can't afford to increase the uncertainties."

Of course, she's not naive enough to reveal such crucial information easily.

"Why do you want to save unhappy people?"

"Because there are people in front of me who are struggling. I just want to reach out and help them."

"To reach out and help..."

If it's simply about lending a hand or helping out, it's nothing to be overly concerned about. But to make people dream happy dreams and let them escape reality...

"Do you think my dreams are just an escape from reality?"

"Why do you say that..."

"Rain-sama, it's written all over your face."

Iris says this with a slightly mischievous expression. Alpha-san also nods slightly, as if to confirm.

Do I really show my emotions that easily...? I should probably stay away from gambling, even though I don't intend to do it.

"Both Rain-san and Iris-san have experienced it once, so you should understand, right? My dream, while a dream, is also reality. It can exist as something tangible."

"But it's still just a dream, isn't it? Eventually, you'll wake up."

"No, that won't happen. Though it's still unstable now... once the technique is perfected, the dream will become reality."

So, in other words... you can rewrite reality as you wish? That's almost god-like.

"You'll have to believe me... but I have no malicious intent. I'm not trying to hurt people by making them dream. My only thought is to create a happy world."

"And for that, you trapped my friends and the people of Kagune in your dream?"

"I swear it wasn't by force. People without wounds in their hearts aren't affected at all. Only those with wounds react to my dream... and they willingly accept it. Did you think my dream had any coercive power?"

"That is..."

I don't think so. Alpha-san's dream was filled with such happiness that it was naturally accepted.

But still, that doesn't mean...

"Can you not accept my dream?"

Alpha-san asks quietly, seeing my hesitation.

"I have something I want to ask as well... why did Rain-san and Iris-san wake up? Why do you reject the dream?"

"That's obvious."

Iris answers firmly in my place.

"A dream is just a dream. It's an illusion. Clinging to something like that is pointless. We are alive now. That's why we must move forward. Dreaming is nothing but a foolish escape from reality."

"What's wrong with escaping reality?"

"...What did you say?"

"Reality is full of suffering. Who decided that we must face it? Are you saying that running away is wrong?"

"That is..."

"Iris-san, you might be able to say that because you're strong. But not everyone in the world is like that. There are weak people too. Some people get crushed by the harsh reality. That's why I decided to show them dreams. To save those people."

"..."

Iris stopped speaking, listening to Alpha-san's words.

Perhaps she has some doubts within herself, just like I do.

"The reason I woke up is..."

The world Alpha-san is trying to create might be very kind. Everyone could be happy, and no one would get hurt.

That's why I was hesitant. Maybe Alpha-san is right? I thought.

But.

Iris's words earlier solidified my feelings. We are alive now. Those words resonated deeply in my heart, dispelling my doubts.

"It's because I'm alive."

"Because you're alive? Iris-san also said that, but what do you mean?"

"Just as I said. When you're alive, there are happy times and tough times. That's normal, and that's what it means to be alive."

"..."

"Yet, taking only the good parts and eliminating all the bad ones is too convenient. That's not living. You have to accept both the good and the bad and move forward. Otherwise, you can't grow."

"...That's unfortunate."

Alpha-san, who had been listening quietly, let out a small sigh. The emotion in her eyes was... resignation.

"I'm not trying to deny what you and Iris-san are saying, but... in the end, those are the words of the strong. You don't consider the weak at all. Not everyone can live like you. Some people are fatally wounded by even the smallest hurt."

"But that's..."

"It seems our conversation has reached an impasse. I won't do anything like eliminating or attacking you immediately, but... please don't interfere with me. If you leave Kagune, I promise I won't do anything."

"Wait..."

I tried to stop her, but before I could, Alpha-san was enveloped in a white mist. The mist soon disappeared, but... Alpha-san was already gone.

"She got away, didn't she?"

"...Or perhaps she let us go."

It's a difficult situation to judge.

"Rain-sama, what will you do now? From Alpha-san's tone, it seems she might use force if we don't leave or if we interfere."

"I will stop Alpha-san."

While one reason is that my friends and Chiffon are trapped in a dream...

More than that, I can't accept such a world.

Dreaming makes people happy. That might be true.

But what happens when the dream ends? Alpha-san, who creates the dream, is not immortal. The dream will end someday. And then, we will have to face reality.

If you keep dreaming, you won't grow; you'll regress. And when you wake up... there's no doubt that you'll be crushed by reality.

As Iris said, it's nothing but an escape from reality...

It takes away the opportunity to grow, makes you regress, and ultimately leads to ruin. That's what I believe.

Which viewpoint is correct? That's for future generations to decide...

For now, I'll believe in what I think is right and push forward.

"Hehe, that's exactly what I expected from you, Rain-sama."

Hearing my thoughts, Iris smiled happily.

"As for what to do next... first, I want to wake everyone up."

"Indeed. We need more hands, and without them, our combat strength is significantly reduced."

"But before that..."

"Before that?"

"I want to hear your story, Iris. That was the promise, right?"

"...You remembered."

Like a child caught in mischief, Iris sighed.

TL Note- Things got too dark in this chapter and too real.



Comments

Popular Posts