The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet
"I won't let you."
The voice came from Mina's shadow.
Immediately afterward, the shadow bulged upward, and Verg emerged from it.
"What?!"
Eris was startled...
But she quickly regained her composure and swung her sword all the way through.
Her target was Mina, but Verg was an enemy as well.
In that case, there was no reason to hesitate.
She would cut him down along with her.
"Guh!?"
"Mr. Verg!!!"
Because Verg had moved to shield Mina, Eris's sword deeply slashed across his back.
A cry of pain escaped him, and blood spilled from the wound.
Seeing this, Mina let out a high-pitched cry that was almost a scream.
"How dare you... Holy Arrow!"
"Ngh!"
Mina fired a barrage of arrows of light, forcing Eris to retreat.
Even then, Mina relentlessly continued targeting Eris...
"Sorry, I let him get away!"
Rain and Sakura rushed in, shielding Eris from Mina's magic.
――――――――――
Sakura and I had been gradually cornering Verg, but...
Suddenly, Verg vanished as if he had burst apart into water.
I hurriedly looked around and found that Verg had teleported to where Eris and Mina were.
I immediately rushed over to provide support.
"Sorry, I let him get away!"
"No, it's fine. Apparently, he tried to protect Mina Lusage, so I managed to wound him."
Looking closely, I could indeed see a wound on Verg's back.
It didn't appear to be fatal, but it was still an injury that couldn't simply be ignored.
He probably wouldn't be able to fight properly anymore.
That made it three against one.
The outcome was practically decided.
"Mina Lusage, this is your final warning. Surrender."
"I... I can't do that...!"
"If you refuse to surrender... I'll cut you down."
"Ngh..."
Eris was serious.
If Mina tried anything foolish, Eris would take her life without hesitation.
Realizing just how serious she was, Mina's face stiffened.
"..."
"..."
They glared at each other as a tense atmosphere settled over the area...
"That's why I won't let you."
As if to break the tension, Verg moved despite having been slashed and supposedly being unable to fight properly.
His shadow explosively expanded and then burst apart.
I felt a slight impact, but there was no pain.
It didn't seem to have any offensive power, but my vision had been completely blocked.
No, it wasn't just my vision.
My hearing and sense of smell seemed to have disappeared as well. I couldn't sense anything at all.
It was as if I had been trapped in the subspace that Nina and Miss Nokia used.
Was this an attack?
Or perhaps...
I didn't move recklessly and simply remained still.
I stayed on maximum alert, prepared for an attack to come at any moment...
Before long, the darkness cleared.
"Mr. Rain, are you all right?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm glad Sakura is safe too."
"Woof!"
Sakura and Eris were safe.
Neither of them had suffered so much as a scratch.
However...
"They got away...?"
Mina and Verg were nowhere to be seen.
There wasn't even a trace of their presence.
It seemed we had completely lost them.
"Rain!"
I could see Chiffon and the others in the distance.
Apparently, they had noticed the commotion and come running over.
"Ugh, we had such a good chance... This is giving me a headache."

Comments
Post a Comment