The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 350: Exposure

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Let's finish the topic of recruiting Iris for now.

We need to think about how to wake everyone from their dreams.

We’ll discuss countermeasures for that."

"By the way... what kind of dreams are Kanade and the others having?"

"Well..."

While recalling each of their situations, I put them into words one by one.

"Nina was with her mother. She doesn’t usually show it, but I think she misses her mother. They were separated a long time ago and she still doesn’t know her mother’s whereabouts."

"I see... that makes sense. That girl from the divine tribe is still young. It’s not surprising she longs for her mother."

"Tina... seemed to have legs, so maybe she was alive again? She seems to have accepted being a ghost, but I guess she still wishes she were alive."

"That’s understandable. Everyone wishes to be alive."

"Rifa was with her brother who is supposed to be dead. Her brother died not too long ago, so she probably hasn’t come to terms with it yet."

"I don’t know that person, but if you say so, it must be true."

Listing these three for now... I continue to think about the remaining four.

However, the four of them seem to be having the same kind of dream.

"Kanade, Tania, Sora, and Luna... I’m not really sure."

"Not sure? You didn’t see any noticeable changes?"

"No, there were changes, but I don’t understand why they’re having those dreams..."

"Those dreams?"

Looking puzzled, I explain to Iris the current situation of Kanade and the others.

All four of them, for some reason, are dreaming about being married to me...

"It’s strange. All four of them... I don’t understand why they’re having such dreams. According to Alpha, they should be seeing happy dreams."

"……Haaaaaah"

For some reason, Iris let out a deep sigh.

Then she gave me a sharp, accusatory look.

"I thought you had a dull side, but I didn’t think it was this bad..."

"I-Iris? Umm... why are you glaring at me?"

"…Are you an idiot, Rain?"

Suddenly being insulted, I was taken aback.

"If you’re too insensitive, you’ll end up hurting others. Please consider others a bit more. If you continue acting like this, you’ll make women cry everywhere."

"Uh, umm... why is Iris angry?"

She has such a commanding presence that I almost reflexively apologize...

But just saying sorry with words won’t mean anything.

I need to understand the cause and properly grasp it.

"Sigh... oh dear. It can’t be helped. Normally, I shouldn’t be the one to say this, but... unless you realize it, we can’t move forward."

"Well... could you tell me if possible?"

"I’ll give you a hint. Kanade and the others are dreaming about being married to you... correct?"

"Y-Yeah, that’s right."

"Then the answer is very simple. Marrying you... that is their dream. They are happy."

"Uh... could it be..."

Hearing this much, I finally understood.

I see.

It’s no wonder Iris is mad, calling me incredibly dense.

In fact, it’s only natural for her to be angry.

...Even though I analyze it calmly like that.

In reality, I’m so shaken I want to scream, "Ehhhh?!"

My mind is spinning, and I can’t find the right words.

Still, I manage to calm my heart and speak.

"Kanade and the others... have romantic feelings for me?"

"Yes, that’s right."

"..."

"What’s wrong, Rain?"

"..."

"Rain? Rain?"

"..."

"He’s so shocked that he’s lightly lost consciousness... oh dear. How can someone be so dense yet so pure at the same time?"

I felt like Iris was saying something, but I couldn’t hear anything at that moment.

――――――――――

"I’m sorry, I... no, I was really shaken."

After about five minutes, I came to my senses and bowed my head to Iris, who was utterly exasperated.

"Honestly... I don’t want to say this, but you’re quite a mess, Rain-sama. It’s hard to believe you’re the one who defeated me."

"Well, um... I’m sorry. I’ve never had any experience in this area, so I didn’t know what to do..."

I lost my hometown as a child, and then I was desperately trying to survive, leaving no time for romance...

Even after joining Arios' party, I was desperate in a different way...

So I have absolutely no experience.

But that’s just an excuse.

I don’t know when it started, but...

Kanade and the others have feelings for me.

I feel sorry that I didn’t realize it, and it’s entirely my fault.

"How am I supposed to face Kanade and the others from now on...?"

"Rain-sama, you’re missing the point. Right now, it’s not about how to deal with their feelings but how to wake them up."

"Y-yes, you’re right... Sorry, I’m still confused."

"Really, you’re not good at romance, are you?"

"I’m sorry..."

"Well, that’s fine. It might give me a chance too."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. More importantly, we need to think about how to wake Kanade and the others."

Iris is right.

We need to prioritize and act accordingly.

If we fail...

Kanade and the others will remain trapped in their dreams.

"If... if they want to keep dreaming, what will you do, Rain-sama?"

It’s not an impossible scenario.

I was initially trapped in the dream too...

That place is incredibly comfortable and very happy.

Even if it’s an illusion, it’s tempting to stay.

I denied the dream, but maybe Kanade and the others will accept it.

In that case...

"I’m sorry, but I’ll wake them up forcibly if I have to."

"Oh, that’s a bit surprising... I thought you’d respect their feelings and say it couldn’t be helped, Rain-sama."

"If they could truly be happy, I might have, but... that’s not the case. I can say for sure now. Alpha-san’s dream is just a dream. It’s nothing but an illusion."

Talking with Iris, and directly with Alpha-san...

The doubts I initially had are now gone.

What Alpha-san is doing is wrong.

I can say that with certainty.

"Then, let’s proceed with the plan to wake up Kanade and the others."

"Yes, let’s do that."

"Let’s go see them right away. If we talk to them thoroughly, like we did with you, Rain-sama, they might wake up."

"Ah... sorry. Can you wait a little?"

"Is there a problem?"

"Well, um... knowing Kanade and the others’ feelings, I’m not sure how to face them... I need a little more time to calm down."

"...Are you a maiden?"

Iris sighed deeply, exasperated.

I’m sorry.

TL Note- The Cat is out of the bag at last, I wasn't able to post the chapter as I had to go to movies.....



Comments

Popular Posts