The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 351 Are you happy?

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Okay, sorry for the wait. Everything's fine now."

"That's good to hear. So, what kind of answer will you give to Kanade and the others' feelings?"

"...Are you teasing me?"

"Hehe, I'm sorry. It's just that seeing you so flustered is quite rare, Rain-sama."

Iris laughed joyfully.

It felt like the wings on her back had turned into those of a little devil.

"Regarding that matter... it's cowardly, but I'll postpone it. I feel like talking to Kanade and the others about it now would only confuse them, and besides, it's something I learned without their intention. I mean, it's... not right."

"That really is cowardly."

"Ugh..."

"But... Rain-sama, your approach is sincere in trying to face them directly. I find that admirable. Though, considering your usual obliviousness, it might just balance things out."

"...Iris, are you complimenting me or mocking me?"

"Hehe. Which do you think?"

I'm clearly at a disadvantage.

Well, it's my own fault, though.

"I agree with prioritizing waking up Kanade and the others... It’s better not to discuss other matters now. Where are Kanade and the others?"

"They're probably at the inn."

So, Iris and I headed to the inn.

"......"

Iris seemed a bit uneasy.

Come to think of it, this would be the first time Iris meets Kanade and the others since the battle in Jisu village. That might be making her feel awkward.

"Ah..."

Wanting her to feel at ease and get back to her usual self, I held Iris's hand, thinking it might help.

Feeling someone's warmth usually brings calm. Although Iris is one of the strongest species... I believed her emotional nature wouldn't be different.

"Rain-sama..."

"It'll be alright."

"Thank you."

The tension left Iris's body, and her smile returned.

"But... you should refrain from suddenly holding a maiden's hand. It might cause misunderstandings."

"Eh? No, that’s not..."

"Should I also misunderstand?"

"What!?"

"Hehe, just kidding."

I'm defeated.

Though she's cheerful again, maybe she's too cheerful now.

"Ah, it's Rain!"

The inn's door opened, and Kanade appeared. Next to her was Luna.

"Oh, it's Rain. Perfect timing."

"Hm? Were you looking for me?"

"Yes! We were about to go shopping for dinner ingredients. What would you like to eat tonight? I will cook for you!"

"Meow, I'll help too."

"Indeed. It will be a joint effort of us wives. Ah... It's unfortunate for Sora, but she won't be allowed to help, so don't worry."

They see cooking dinner together as a joy of being married to me... It’s quite a realization. Though it's very late, I'm both sorry and happy to finally notice.

"Rain? What's wrong? You're making a difficult face."

"Ah... no, it's nothing. More importantly..."

"Ah, it's Iris. We meet again. Is something wrong?"

"Hm? ...Oh!? It really is Iris now that you mention it! Long time no see!"

"Hehe, good day."

Luna seemed genuinely happy to see Iris again, showing a big smile.

"Hm? Kanade, did you know Iris was here?"

"Yeah, we met by chance the other day."

"Is that so? You should have told me... It's been such a long time, I’m surprised."

"Right, it has been a long time. When did we last meet... when was it... huh?"

"Kanade, are you already forgetting? When did we last see Iris... Hm? What is it?"

Their memories of fighting Iris seemed altered, and both looked puzzled.

It's convenient for now, so I decided not to point it out. Explaining everything would mean talking about the dream too.

"Well, well, let's not worry about that. Instead, may I have a word with you?"

"Meow? I don't mind, but..."

"Indeed, neither do I. We're not in a rush to shop, after all."

"Then... are you two happy right now?"

"Huh? What do you mean by that...?"

"Hmm? I don't quite understand the question?"

Iris's words puzzled them, so I continued her question.

"Do you wish that this moment could last forever?"

"Um, I don't quite understand what you and Rain are getting at... but of course!"

Kanade said with a smile.

"I'm happy now! So yes, I want this moment to last forever. Isn't that obvious?"

Luna said with a smile.

"Do you want to stay like this forever?"

"Yes! Because I've finally gotten together with Rain... huh? But when did I confess...?"

"I want to stay like this as long as possible. Everyone... huh? When did this time even start...?"

Kanade and Luna tilted their heads, seemingly puzzled by something. They hummed in thought.

They couldn't wake up immediately, but...

I saw a glimmer of hope.

It seemed they hadn't completely accepted the dream and were starting to have doubts.

"...Rain-sama, if we keep pushing, they might wake up."

Iris advised in a whisper, but...

"...No. Let's stop for now."

"...Why?"

"...We woke up without any problems, but that doesn't mean everyone will. We don't know what effects it might have, so let's take it slow and observe. Fortunately, we have some leeway right now."

"...Good grief. You're exceedingly gentle with your companions. But that's very like you, Rain-sama. It's reassuring that you haven't changed."

Iris smiled gently.

The emotion in her eyes was kindness.

Seeing such an expression on Iris's face...

I couldn't help but be surprised.

I always thought she was a kind girl at heart...

But before, her desire for revenge overshadowed her kindness, making it hard to see.

Now, she seemed much calmer.

What had changed her?

Could it be related to me?

If so, that would make me very happy.

"Meow, Rain? Are we... forgetting something?"

"Hmm... something doesn't feel right."

"Think about it. That's all I can say for now."

"Meow?"

"Where is everyone else?"

"Um... Tania, Sora, and Tina are at the inn. Nina and Rifa might have gone out again."

"I see, thanks."

I thanked them and started to enter the inn. Just before I did, I looked back at Kanade and Luna.

"Kanade, Luna... I believe in you."

"Meow?"

"Hmm?"

They looked puzzled, but I didn't say more. I entered the inn with Iris.

TL Note- So is Iris now on the good side?



Comments

Popular Posts