A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 25

Chapter 5-That day, a memory with my father.

(TL:By Rafael)

This was before I entered the Royal Academy of Magic.

 When my father was  helping me straighten my crooked collar, he said, 





"Listen, Cleo. The Duke are the family that should be at the center of the nobility."(Dan)

"Father ......?"(Cleo)





 He looked out the window, as if remembering the distant past.

 Then he looked at the uniform I was wearing and gave me a small smile.




"You'll be fine. You will not be like me. You will be an expert, The number  one, a respectable nobleman who no one will make fun of."(Dan)




 He got down on one knee and put his big hand on my shoulder.

 I remember it was very warm. At the same time, I felt how much my father expected from me. I am sure he is trying to entrust me with something that he couldn't do himself.

 If that is the case, what can I do for him?



 What can I, as a son, do for my father?





"I understand, father. I'll do my best!"(Cleo)





 I don't know how much I understood at the time.

 But what I did know was that I wanted to live up to my father's expectations. I wanted to make his heart feel better, even if only a little, when he looked at me so sadly in my school uniform it felt like someone grabbed by heart.



 From that point on, it was a struggle.

 Not being able to win first place, not being able to live up to his expectations.



 But because of the vow I made at that time.

 I was able to continue to look forward to the challenges ahead of me.


TL Note- Well as they say  there is no evil person but evil circumstances and the relationship between Dan and Cleo could be seen in many Asian families maybe not that extreme but you get the point.


Comments

  1. Mmmmmm, I guess he was living vicariously through his son but there's still a bunch of stuff that doesnt get excused, and where was the mother in all of that? In fact, where is she now? By how they talked to the father they didn't even see Cleo off at all so, sure his father did all that but what about his mother than didn't bother trying to contact him once?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts