A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 25

Chapter 4-Escalite pronouncement.

(TL :By Rafael)



'...... Escalite, are you serious about that?'(Cleo)

 "Yes, I'm serious, brother."(Escalite)







 When I left the room after meeting my father, I encountered Keane, who looked troubled. 

 My childhood friend was also holding her head in her hands, so it seemed that something had happened.

 Thinking so, I took a moment to talk to them. ......





 "I never thought you'd want to get engaged to Keane."(Cleo)





 I couldn't help but laugh.

 Escalate has always had a tendency to say the most outlandish things. 

 However, when all was said and done, everything went well.

 Anyway, my sister was a mysterious child.




"I fell in love at first sight."(Escalite)

"Love at first sight, huh?"(Cleo)





 Escalate looked at me with a tilted head.

 After her words, I looked at Keane. He must have been in a lot of trouble when she asked him to get engaged. That's what I thought.




I thought so, but-- 

"Ah, ah, ah, ah, ......."(Keane)





 --I was surprised that he was not too upset.



 Keane is indeed smiling in a troubled way.

 However, his gaze seems to be on Escalite. His cheeks are slightly reddish, and he seems to be in an atmosphere of embarrassment.


 Is this, after all that......?





"Cleo, may I have a word?"(Liliana)

" I also need to talk to you, Liliana."(Cleo)





 As I was thinking this, my childhood friend beckoned to me.

 I also wanted to ask Liliana's opinion, so we both went to the corner of the room. Then we exchanged a few words in a whisper.





"For now, it's just Escalite and Mr. Keane who know the depth of the matter."(Liliana)

'Yes, I suppose so. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things go."(Cleo)









 I'm going to leave it to them for now.

 







Liliana and I left the room after saying a few words to Keane.









 Keane, who was left behind, was frozen with nervousness.

 He, too, had fallen in love at first sight with this lovely girl. And since she was the sister of Cleo, whom he respected, it seemed impossible not to be nervous.

 In contrast, Escalite felt no discomfort.

 She sipped her tea in silence, her expression unwavering.





"Keane-san, would you like a cup of tea too?"(Escalite)

"Y-Yes."(Keane)





 She then says this to Keane.

 She seemed to want to make it easy on him, as she gave him a small smile. The young man, sensing this, took a slow breath.

 Then, suddenly curious, he asked,





"Um, Escalate-san?"(Keane)

"Escalite-chan."(Escalite)

"Eh ......?"(Keane)

"I want you to call me Escalite-chan."(Escalite)





 But he immediately stiffened when she nailed him with that.

 But Keane shook his head and changed his mind.





"You have a reason for this, don't you, ............ Escalite-chan?"(Keane)





 And then he asks.
Keane had some thoughts.

 No matter how much she fell in love at first sight, it was strange to close the distance between them so rapidly. If that was the case, there had to be a reason why she had to do so.

 When he mentioned this, Escalate nodded.







"Actually, you know..."(Escalite)

She continued with a mysterious look on her face.



 The girl told Keane.

 Something no one expected.







"Father is going to die soon."(Escalite)

"............ Eh?"(Keane)









 

 It was too much, too abrupt a pronouncement.


TL Note- And from the looks of it  Dan is going to die, Keane is going to be the brother in law of Cleo and Cleo will be second in marriage too....



Comments

Popular Posts