A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 23

Chapter 10-Morning in Keane's life


(TL:By Rafael)



--And then comes the morning of the duel.



 



 Keane, alone in his room at the inn, took a deep breath as he squinted against the morning sun.

 

 Today's battle would surely be an important one that would decide his future. It was a battle that he could not allow himself to lose, a battle that would put his own value on the line.

 

 But he was not nervous.

 

 No weak feelings of shyness appeared.





"I'll be fine."(Keane)





 





 As if to confirm this, the young man muttered to himself.

 

 Because he was not alone. He had Erio and Maki, his friends who were as good as his opponents. He has witnessed their abilities on a daily basis, and he has complete trust in them. Of course, that doesn't mean he should let his guard down.





"I'm rather looking forward to it."(Keane)





 





 Keane quipped.

 

 I went to Royal Capital to show what I could do, and then I met Cleo, and here I am.

 

 It is because of his presence that I have made it this far. I am following him, and that is why I am here. And above all, to repay the favor he has received.





"Keane. Are you ready?"(Cleo)

"...... yes,  Cleo-san."(Keane)





 





 A boy called out to me from behind an open door.

 

 The young man pauses for a beat before responding to the boy.





 





 A battle that he will never forget in his life is about to begin.

 

 Keane takes that first step toward Cleo, who smiles at him.

TL Note- I also took my steps forward towards to the exam who is laughing at me....Keane is nervous and so am I.


Comments

Popular Posts