A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 23

Chapter 9-The promise of that day.

(TL:By Rafael)

"I've been away for a long time, Liliana."(Cleo)

"...... yeah, right."(Liliana)





 





 Ahead of the duel tomorrow.

 

 I and Liliana were walking through the night in Royal Capital.

 

 It was already getting cold outside, and our breath was turning white. The winter season is approaching and I didn't want her to get physically injured, but she had something she really wanted to talk to me about. The princess has been asking me for such unreasonable things for a long time, but I missed even that.



 



 With a slight chuckle, I agreed and followed Liliana to her side.



 



 We didn't have any conversation.

 

 It is always the case when I am alone with her.

 

 Not that I have to go out of my way to understand without exchanging words, but the silence is not painful. Perhaps it is because we have been together since we were children.





"Oh, snow ......?"(Cleo)





 





 It was in the middle of it.

 

 I looked up at the sky and there, softly, were white crystals.

 

 As I looked down at it on my shoulder, Liliana spoke up.





"Seeing the first snow in this place reminds me of the old days."(Liliana)





 





 Where is this place?

 

 I looked up, and then I understood.





"Ah, in front of the statue of heroes. ......"(Cleo)





 





 There was a statue of a fine man with a sword in his hand.

 

 A hero who is said to have once saved the world. Come to think of it, this year's Heroes' Festival is coming soon.

 

 As I was thinking this, Liliana moved forward a little and then turned around and said, 





"Cleo, do you remember the promise you made that day ......?"(Liliana)





 





 With a small smile.

 

 I saw her expression and nodded.





"Yes, I remember. Someday, I'm sure, the two of us will be together––..."(Cleo)





 





 Once there, I cut off my words.

 

 I put a small snowflake on my hand and reminisced about the old days.





"We were going to go around the Heroes Festival, weren't we?"(Cleo)





 





 It was a promise made when I was a student at the school.

 

 It was a condition that Liliana had given me on a moment's notice. I agreed to it and vowed that one day we would visit the festival together.

 

 As a princess, it was difficult for her to move freely on the day of the Heroes' Festival.

 

 As a heir to a noble family at the time, I naturally understood that.



 



 But I was happy to hear her offer.





"I am happy. I am glad you remember it. ......"(Liliana)

"How could I forget? Because Liliana was one of the most reckless people I've ever seen."(Cleo)

"Ummm...Yes, that's true."(Liliana)





 





 We laughed as we reminisced about the old days.

 

 Suddenly, Liliana's eyes narrowed.

 

 And then...





"Hey, Cleo."(Liliana)

"Nn......?"(Cleo)





 





 She, with a faint reddening of her cheeks.

 

 Clenching her fists in front of her chest, she said, 





"If you don't mind, will you take me out at this year's Heroes Festival?"(Liliana)





 





 We are no longer children like before.

 

 We have graduated from the academy and have gone our separate ways.

 

 She is a royal court magician. And I am an adventurer. Doing things like before would be a little...





"I am sure my father will forgive me .....at least this year. That's why ......"(Liliana)


Liliana looked at me with her round eyes moistened.


 


 In response, I took a few breaths and gave a small nod.






"I'll be there to pick you up."(Cleo)





 






 I walked up to her and took her little hand.


 


 We both laughed again.








 








 It was a promise made when we were still young.


 


 I thought at the time that I would be able to fulfill it.


TL Note- One chapter we are preparing for the duel which will decide the kingdom's future, next chapter we are shown a puppy love.....life is a roller coaster .

Next

Prev

Comments

  1. Why does Cleo always raise flags at the end of chapters. "I though I would be able to fulfill it", like, I'd th3 festival cancelled?? Or will one of you nit be available?? who's gone die now???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts