Weed Reincarnation ~ Carefully Raised in the Elf Village ~

Chapter 64-: Bifröst

(TL By GUST)




When the floating feeling subsided and the distortion of the field of vision cleared, it was already another place.


 It has changed from a cave in a hidden village with a vast space to a small room that feels a little small.


 The walls and ceiling of the room are made of stone, and of course, it is not a natural cave but an artefact.


"Is this Bifröst?"



 Even so, I can't see the outside scene because there are no windows in the room, so I don't really feel it.



"Something was warm"



 As Sefie says, you can clearly see that the ambient temperature has risen compared to the cave that was there earlier.


 But rather than warm ...


"It's warm, it's hot, this is it."


 Wol's impression would be appropriate.


 Even though it's a dimly lit room with no sunlight, it already feels hot (by the way, the light source is like a lamp on the wall, and it's like a magic tool because it doesn't use fire).


 The only salvation is that the humidity is unlikely to be that high.


 Elder Gordo answers to our impressions or doubts.


"It's natural that it's hot because it's a city in the desert. Instead, I'll go faster."


 As it is said, Elder Gordo takes the lead and starts walking.


 When I went down to the floor from a device that looked exactly like the transfer team on the cave side, I opened the door to get out of the room.


 Beyond that, there is a staircase leading up.


 Following the old Gordo who goes up the stairs in a familiar manner, the stairs end without much progress, and he goes out to a room even smaller than the small room below.


 Immediately after climbing the stairs, there was an entrance to the outside, which was a colonnade without doors.


"Well, it's really hot here?"



"Oh, it's a tough environment for a delicate elf like us."


 As soon as I went outside following the old Gordo, I felt a burst of strong sunshine that burned my skin.


 Perhaps because of my feelings, the surrounding air is a little dusty, or it feels like soil.


 Apparently, the small room that had been transferred was like a semi-basement, and the temperature seemed to be still lower than outside. The word city in the desert does not seem to be a lie, and the outside temperature is not the ratio of indoors.


 Perhaps because he went out from a dim place, Elder Gordo and Sefie and his friends had their hands on their eyes.EaveseavesIs making.


 Perhaps his eyes got used to the strong sunlight after a while, he finally looked around and the elf group exclaimed.


"Wow! Tsuchi? Is it? So, I'm home!"


"Princess, that's a brick."


"There is little green"


"That's right. I mean, Vanaheim is the stone. There are various races."


 Spreading outside was a view of the city with countless brown buildings that seemed to be built of sun-dried bricks or something.


 As Laurel says, there is little green in the field of view, and the ground is much drier than the Valus Taijukai.


 The street was wide and many people came and went.


 There are multiple beast races, or even a race that has never seen it, with scales growing in places on its body and a thick tail hanging from behind its waist. Are they also some kind of beastman?


 And what was surprising was that there were far fewer people than therians, but people who seemed to be humans lived normally.


 Living in Vanaheim, a multi-ethnic nation, does not mean that he believes in Iko religion.


 Apparently, just because they are humans does not mean that they are all Iko.


"Is this Bifröst ... something like that?"


 It's lively--rather, it feels like a humorous atmosphere from the people on the road.


 When I squinted at the cause, I noticed that there were strangely many armed people. The facial expression on the surface is also tense, or it feels like it's tense.


"Oh ... I'm embarrassed, so I'm not crazy. You might think it's a countryside mon."


 Looking around in a strange way, Elder Gordo warns with a dismayed face.


"No, I can't help it because I'm a redneck."


 So many people, so many buildings.


 It can't be helped to just stare at it. And unfortunately, we are real redneck. The place where I live is like an unexplored region, and rather I should put a "do" in front of the redneck.


 ――And when you stop like that,


"Gordo! It's been a long time."


 I was called out from the immediate vicinity.


 I didn't notice it, but when I saw it, it seems that a person was standing next to the doorway where we came out.


 He is a male of a race with scales on his cheeks, nape, hands and arms, and a thick and long tail with scales.


 A soldier-like figure equipped with leather armour and a spear, he had a bitter smile on his face. Apparently, he was watching our climber-like behaviour.


"Oh! It's been a long time"


 Gordo responds as he gets used to it.


 Perhaps you know him. Or maybe he's the one watching at this doorway.


 If you think about it, if the transfer team was left unattended without any supervision, there was a possibility that strangers would use it without permission, and there was no way they couldn't keep watch.


"Did you come today for trading purposes?"


"Um, that's right"



 Lookout ... Maybe a soldier in this city.


 With a convincing expression on Old Gordo's words, he then turned his gaze toward us.


"They are elf ...? With elf ... um ..."


 A soldier who hardens with his eyes fixed to me.


 Well, I don't usually know. It seems that the existence of spirits does not easily appear in public.


"Nice to meet you. I'm Yug. It's like a forest spirit. "


"Are you a spirit? I see ... I'm sorry for this."


"No, I don't mind. Then the two non-elfs over there are also spirits. "


 I would like to introduce you to Brynhildr and Aile.


"Ufufu, thank you."


"Nice to meet you"


"What! The spirits have three pillars ... I was surprised. Thank you very much. Then welcome to Bifröst."


 It looks like two beautiful soldiers, and a soldier who is afraid.


 But it wasn't like that at my time, right?


 I'll do something about it, but I'll do something I didn't notice with a broad heart.


"But Gordo, did you live with the elves? I didn't hear that story."


 On such a face, a surprised expression comes to mind.


 Well, it would be surprising if the elves and dwarves, who are said to be on bad terms, were acting together.


"You started living together recently. Well, the times have changed ...


"Oh, I see?"


 Elder Gordo explains while staring into the distance, but he doesn't seem to say that he was caught by sake and settled.


"And now I'm living together for some reason, so I brought it this time to show various things."


"Is that so ... Sometimes living with elves means that the population of the village has increased?"


 This time, for some reason, I asked him about that while wrinkling his eyebrows.


 Rather than something troublesome happening, it looks like an apologetic face.


"Mu? That's right."


"Is that so ... Mr Gordo, I'm sorry to have you come, but now the front line with the religion is retreating considerably, and this Bifröst is also in a dangerous situation."


"What? Didn't you say where the fort was dropped when you came before?"


"Yes. After that, another fort on the front fell. Bifröst is now the closest city to the front on the military supply line, and for the convenience of sending supplies to the front, various things throughout the city. There is a shortage of things ... "


"HM……"


 I'm confused about various things, but the point is that I'm short of food-or I can't afford to sell it to the dwarves.


 It seems that the dwarves purchased by trade until now, because most of them were alcohol and food, so they may not be able to sell them, and they feel sorry.



 I've heard from old Gordes that the volume of transactions has been declining all these days (that's why the dwarves were in need), and if it goes down further, the dwarves may die of starvation. It's hard to say face to face.


 However, the old Gordo nods with a mysterious face but just strokes his beard and does not say anything.


 Maybe, but I don't know what the soldiers want to say, this is.


"Ah, rest assured. I didn't come to buy food this time. "


"Is that so!?"



 The story doesn't go on as it is, so I decided to deal with it instead.



"Oh, I mean, the food problem has almost been solved. I want some salt and seasonings that I don't have enough of. "


"It's also sake"



 There are high quality sakes we make, but it seems that the dwarves are all about wanting to drink various kinds of sake.


 That's why it was decided to continue to purchase only sake.



"That's what I say, but it's good because we couldn't give the Gordes a satisfying food and it was a pain."



 My guess wasn't wrong, and the soldier smiled as if he was relieved.


"But I heard that you are at war with the religion, but the front line is quite close."


I heard that the dwarves were not able to purchase food satisfactorily and were in need because of the intensified war with the religion.


 However, he did not know that the city he traded with was close to the front line.



"No, there used to be another big city ahead of us, which was also far from the front, but since that city fell, the front has been retreating day by day ... here. It's not safe anymore. "



 His expression that said so was sad.


Comments

Popular Posts