I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.



Volume 3-: Devil's Tower and Sky Corridor


Chapter 6-: Let's talk about the watch of the keepsake!


(TL By GUST)





"I've made a lot of progress, but I still can't see it."



"It's expensive even from here"



 I opened the hood behind the carriage with Koritoko and looked up at it.



 It can be seen from the light-picking window installed on the ceiling of the road, illuminated by the light of the rising sun, and sometimes birds and creatures that look like flying monsters can be seen swirling around the observation room.



 For the time being, I put a grid-shaped fence around, but it may be made into a bird's nest that can enter through a gap.



 The tower was built to look as far away as possible, but it could have been a little lower.



"When you get home, please forgive me for being covered with bird droppings."



"Ahaha ... what are you doing!"



 Tap Koritoko's head, laughing happily next door.



"If I go home and it's full of bird droppings, I'll have Koritoko clean it."



"Eh"



"It's okay. Rest says this, but in the end, he'll help me."



"Is that so? If so, it would be quick if everyone cleaned it."



 I laugh at Terrine, who spoils Koritoko, and leave the rest to the coachman.



 Then he sat down next to Kieda, took out his old pocket watch from his pocket and said.



"It's about time to set up a base."



"I got it"




 Kieda squints and checks the time as if looking at a nostalgic pocket watch I gave him.



 The hands of the clock were about to point to twelve o'clock in Kingdom time.



 It's right in the middle of the day.



 In the kingdom, the day is set to 24 hours, but this seems to have been established by the first king by investigating the movement of the day with the scholars at that time.



 Similarly, the year was 360 days, and it is now used in countries on the continent.



"Rest, it looks like the clock is a little late, right?"



"Hmm? That's right."



"Yes, it's already past 12 o'clock on my watch."



 With that said, Kieda presents her wristwatch so that I can see it.



 Certainly, it's already a little past twelve o'clock on his watch.



"That's true. By the way, I didn't wind the mainspring recently."



 Kieda's wristwatch is the latest invented magic watch in the kingdom a few years ago.



 Powered by a small magic stone, it is so accurate that it is said that there will be almost no time lag even after 10 years.



 On the other hand, my pocket watch is an older spring-style watch.



 So I was busy and forgot that I couldn't go without rewinding the mainspring from time to time.


"If you use your crafting skills, you can remake it into a magic watch, but I just want to leave this watch as it is."



"It's a keepsake of your wife. If you do that, it's a different thing."



 The watch I got from my late mother when I was still small.



 It seems that he was crying when I really wanted it on his birthday.




 I don't remember that now, but I heard that from Kieda.



"I've heard from my wife a long time ago. It seems that her father asked a dwarf who she knew to commemorate her birth to make the pocket watch."



"That's my first time hearing, which means that this watch is the same age as my mother."



"It seems that the dwarf was still young, but his arms were pretty good."



 It is said that the Kayel family, the mother's parents' home, was a small baron in the country.




 I heard that the mother, who was the only daughter, was the first daughter of her son to be the wife of the former owner of the Dyne family who had come to travel abroad.



 I don't know why he tried to invite the daughter of a rural country lord to a noble family near the royal family, the Dyne family.



 The Kaiel family, who lost their only daughter, disappeared without an heir, and it is said that another aristocrat now rules the land.



 I knew that when I was stripped of the Dyne family and became a new baron, I named him "Kaiel."



"I would love to hear from you when you meet that dwarf."




"That's right. It seems that he has already disappeared from the territory of the former Kaiel family, and his wife didn't know where he was."



 While listening to Kieda's words, I rewound the spring of my pocket watch, turned the crown to correct the time that was late, and then closed the lid.


"I wonder if the day will come when I will give this watch to my child."



 I muttered so while keeping my pocket watch in my pocket.





Comments

Popular Posts