I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.



Volume 3

Chapter 2-: Enjoying The Sky From Up High In The Observatory!

(TL By GUST)




"What would have happened without Falsi... Thank you."


"Wan!”



 I peered down from up high in the tower construct while stroking Falsi's back. He let out an excited bark beside me in response.


 The circular tower was constructed with the stairwell in the centre. As I peered towards the bottom, my eyes met with those Koritoko and Terrine as they stared upwards.

 


 The construction had proceeded smoothly since the start.


It was simple, I needed only to construct the structure to the height my power could reach before climbing the stairs and constructing the next portion.


 Well, that was how it seemed until the tower began to truly 'tower' over the land.



"It's difficult to continuously climb these stairs."



 My feet began to become increasingly sluggish the further I ascended up the spiral stairs. 


 I had participated in some training for tracers while residing with the Dynes, so I was more physically apt than the average person.


 However, continuously scaling the tower and exercising my power took a greater toll on my physical and mental health than I had imagined. 



"If Falsi hadn't grabbed onto my back and motivated me, I would have paused today's work. Thinking about how I would have to continue this exhausting monotony tomorrow would have sapped all my motivation."



 As I stared at Terrine down below, her face indicated that she had noticed my exhaustion.


 While I contemplated taking a break and chatting idly with Koritoko, Falsi rushed up to me and jumped towards me in a plea to have me place him on my back.


 Since I was lost in my own thoughts, I nearly fell from this high up, giving me a fright. I hurriedly grabbed Falsi by the scruff of his neck and carried him to the temporary top of the tower.



"This time, I'll let you off with just a gentle reprimand."


"Wafun"



 I was unsure to what extent my words, which weren't blessed by a tamer's gift, were understood by Falsi, but Falsi barked in reply before sitting down and starting to scratch the back of his ears with his hind legs.


 How unfortunate... I glanced upwards in disappointment.


 The tower construction began early in the afternoon, but it's already approaching dusk.



"Should we continue onto the next portion?"



 I lightly stroked Falsi's head and then extended my hands towards the heavens.





"This is the final portion! Craft!"



 I shouted that as I crafted the observatory on the topmost floor.



"Huh. The structure itself is now complete, but there are still other things that need to be constructed."



 Looking downwards from the atrium awarded me with the sight of Koritoko waving his small hands.


 Perhaps he noticed the completion of the tower because the ceiling of the atrium was closed.


 I leaned out from the railing and waved my hand in response.



"Wow!"


"Amazing…" 



 Falsi hurriedly bit into my clothes and pulled me backwards when I leaned too far over the edge of the railing.


 Scary! Without Falsi I would have been awarded an imminent death.


  Perhaps I was more exhausted than I initially thought and became careless.



"Maybe I should take a break and craft the furniture for the observatory instead..."



  I muttered that to myself as I returned to the observatory, crafted a lush sofa, and immediately sank into it.


 At first, I considered crafting a bed to lay on, but if I did that I would likely immediately fall asleep.



"Fuu."



 Leaning deeply on the sofa, I fought off my drowsiness and stared at the ceiling.


 I could see the stars shining in the sky as I searched for constellations I recognized.



"I'm glad I made this part of the ceiling from glass."



 I was a little concerned about the integrity, but since I made such a lofty building, I wanted to design it this way.


 "Ah, that constellation is Hoshimidai." 


 Stars appeared much more radiant and astonishing when gazed at from a high perch than when stated at from the ground.


 I had always been curious about the reality of what I read in books long ago.



"This height won't make a major difference, but it still appears more beautiful and soothing."



  The number of stars shining brilliantly in the sky slowly increased as the sun descended further.


 While being entranced by such a scene, I--



"Rest, please wake up."


"It's already nighttime."


"If you drool, you'll seem like a child."


"Ah, Falsi's fur is so soft... I don't want to let go..."


"Lord! Get up!"



 I slowly opened my eyes at the sound of that voice. Everyone had gathered in the observatory and stared at me.


 Ah, everyone except Agni, who had her face buried in Falsi's fur for some reason.


 Falsi had an annoyed look on his face, so I think it's better to peel her off.



"Why are you all here?"


"He finally woke up."


    I looked around the room and then towards the ceiling.


 The world was already shrouded with the darkness of night, and the sky full of stars was becoming increasingly apparent.



  The room was only lit by a small magical lantern that someone must have brought into the observatory while I was asleep, covering the room in an amazing atmosphere.


I even had the thought that I may still be dreaming.



"Wow." 


"Ah, that hurts"


"Falsi, no, don't do that!"



 Agni cried out as she was shaken off by Falsi, and Koritoko rushed up to scold him.


  That broke me out of my reverie and I stood up.



"I'm sorry, I fell asleep."


"Yeah, you've been deeply sleeping for a while now."


"You didn't wake up when we entered. Fayle had been fooling around and making a lot of noise for a while now as well."


"Well, it is the first time we have been so high up as well, and the stars are so beautiful and soothing, so it's not an issue. Have you seen-"


"Ah, I see. That's good. I'd like to ask why all of you are here though?"



 I cut off Fayle who seemed as though he could continue talking endlessly and asked Kieda for an explanation.


 According to Kieda, it seems that after I fell asleep, Falsi rushed down and informed Koritoko about my situation.


 Apparently, Falsi wasn't proficient enough at speaking, so Koritoko understood it as me feeling faint and collapsing. This information flowed between all my vassals and caused a huge fuss. 


 In a panic, Koritoko asked Falsi to carry everyone to the observatory one by one.



"Kun!"



 I stated at Falsi who was whimpering in a heartbroken tone, perhaps because he was scolded by Koritoko. It seems that Falsi is also a monster.


 I heard that it was difficult for ordinary wolves and dog-like beasts to carry people on their backs.


That's why it was surprising that Falsi carried this many people up the tower.



"Oh, I was just a little tired and fell asleep. I'm sorry."


"No, it's okay as long as you're safe. Just that…"


"Just that?"


"If nothing is done, the supper made by Agni will get cold."


"Oh, is it that time already?"



 I looked up at the starry sky and muttered that before getting up from the sofa and walking to Falsi.


 I gently stroked his head and said, "I'm sorry, but can you do one last thing for me?"


Then I picked up Koritoko, who was standing beside Falsi, and sat him on Falsi's back.


Next

TOC




Comments

Popular Posts