I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.




Volume 3
Chapter 3-: Quiet story The journey of death continues to a miracle
(TL By GUST)



That day, the first time I fell dizzy was when I was taking care of a coca bird.


 At first, I didn't know what had happened, but when I realized I was lying on my futon.

 My sister, Merimee, who was anxiously looking into that face, left the house to call her father as soon as she noticed that she had awakened.

 After seeing off such a figure, I didn't know what had happened to me.


 The father who came home in a hurry had a pale face for some reason.

 And I don't know why, but the village mayor's grandfather came to my house after that.


"That? The village mayor's grandfather?"


 When I get up from the futon, I look up at the village mayor's grandfather, who looks like my father and has never seen before.

 My dad asked me "Is it okay?", But at that time I was as fine as usual.

 Rather, I didn't even know why he was sleeping on the futon.


"Yeah. What's wrong with that? I remember taking care of the Coca bird."

"You fell down."

"collapsed?"

"Oh, I thought I might be ill, so my dad called in a village chief who was familiar with the illness."


 I see.

I've heard of a dead grandmother before.

 It seems that the Lesser Elves over there rarely get sick.

 Certainly, I had never heard of my sister or villagers getting sick.

 However…….


"Illness is dead, right?"

"... I haven't decided I'm sick yet. Maybe I'm just tired. You've been working too hard lately."


 Dad said that and stroked his head, and he bowed down to the old man who was waiting behind him, saying, "Then I'll ask you," and changed places.

 He always had a gentle smile on his face, but he wasn't laughing at all at that time.

 When I think about it now, when I heard from my dad, I might have already found out that he had Slida's disease.


"Then Koritoko. Will you take off your clothes and show your back?"

"O.K. I understand"


 When I took off my jacket, I turned my back to my grandfather on the futon.

 Grandpa seems to understand the flow of magical power that flows through the human body with mysterious power.

 And sick people can see that the flow is out of order.


"... Koritoko. You can wear clothes now. And Toariuto, why don't you talk outside?"

"……Yes"


 Toariuto is my father's name.


"Then Koritoko. Dad talks to the village mayor a little, so don't overdo it and rest. And Merimee should go to Kioruki-kun's house."

"Yes"

"understood"


Kioruki is a little younger boy than Merimee, and is a weak child who is always forcibly pulled around by Merimee.

 Perhaps he will have a hard time with Merimee today as well.

 Thinking about that, I lie down on the futon again.

 My dad said he was tired, but he may have been overworked lately.

 This is also because I started to understand the words of Coca birds for a while, and it became fun to deal with them.


"I heard you fell down, but is that okay?"


 It was Evolwolf's Falsi who came in to replace his father from the front door.

 A monster like a brother who grew up with Merimee when his father picked up a place that was abandoned by his parents when he was a child.

 If I thought I couldn't see it from the morning, it seemed that I was hunting in the depths of the forest, and dead grass was clinging all over my body.


"Did you eat delicious food?"

"I caught two rabbits."

"Oh, that was good."


 You can have a normal conversation with Falsi over there.

 It's not just because they grew up together.

 Because, even in the village, the only people who can communicate with monsters are that father, that one, and his sister, Merimee.


 My dad said that Grandpa had the same power, but Grandpa was a normal person.

 So I laughed a lot when I said that they looked like grandmothers.


"Are you hunting delicious food for Koritoko?"

"No, no. It's really nothing anymore."


 I laid down and stroked Falsi's head, which was anxiously rubbing his nose.

 Then Falsi rolled over there as if to sleep with him.


"Don't be crazy"

"Yeah. I'll be careful from now on."


Falsi then talked about today's hunting, coca birds, worries about Kioruki being swayed by his sister, and much more.

 And when I noticed, I fell asleep over there.


 I was vaguely anxious that it might be the last day I slept in the village ...

The next morning, my dad brought me to the village meeting place before dawn.

 Oh, after all.

 That mind already knew what was going to happen by that time.


"Rules of the village"


 It is an inviolable rule that the people of the Lesser Elves have inherited from generation to generation to protect the seed.

 From an early age, I've been taught that even if it's a village mayor, it's something that must be protected, whether it's a young girl or a child.


"After all, I was sick over there."

"..."


 The father who silently pulls that hand strengthens the power to hold that hand.


"It hurts"

"Oh, sorry Koritoko ..."


 My dad's voice sounds like I'm about to cry, unlike usual.

 I just said a meaningless word, "It's okay."


 At the meeting place that I arrived at, most of the elderly people in this village gathered in addition to the village chief's grandfather.

 And everyone bows with tears over there.


"Rules ... it's not. Yeah ... it's okay. It's already an adult. It's work ... already ..."


 I was strong.

However, every time I say something, its strength is gradually peeling off.

 At the end, I cried loudly.


 Don't cry.

 I had decided not to cry because it only worries my dads.


"Koritoko ... I'm sorry ... I'm sorry ..."


 My dad apologizes for the crying place, and my big body hugs me.

 For a while, I cried to cling to my body, and when I finally settled down I started preparing to leave the village.

 However, it seems that the village chiefs had already prepared the trip, and when I received a backpack containing food for several days and tools used for the trip, I headed to the exit of the village alone.

 No one can help me from here anymore.

 Go as far as possible before your illness worsens and spreads the illness throughout the village ... and die alone.


"Goodbye. Dad ... Merimee ... Everyone is fine and alive ..."


Look back at the exit of the village, mutter and walk towards the forest.

 The first destination is the Holy Fountain, which is a little further down this road.


 There is a holy beast there, who always watches over this village and around the holy spring so that no ferocious monsters will appear.

 I've seen it only once, but I still vividly remember the splendid weapon that grew from my forehead.

 And the body was slightly wrapped in a pale pink color, and I was staring at the older sisters who were playing in the fountain with gracious eyes.


"But when I went to my sister, it disappeared somewhere."


 I haven't seen the Holy Beast over there since then.

However, there are still no ferocious demon beasts around that fountain.

 I was going to walk there and then draw the water from the spring to decide where to go next.


"Wait! !!"


 But shortly after I started walking, I heard such a voice from behind.

 This voice is Falsi.


 When I stopped and looked back, Falsi jumped vigorously on his chest and collapsed with me.

 He said that he would forcibly push away Falsi who licks his face as it is.


"Why did you come?"


 Falsi was going to come in the village over there.

 From now on, deep in the forest. You don't have to go out to death in a dangerous place.


"Never leave it behind"


 However, no matter how much he persuades him, Falsi will follow him.


When Falsi's desperation finally took root, he decided to forgive him to go with him.


"But if that dies, then I'll be back in the village."


"……understood"


 From now on, I will start a journey to die from my life being sick.


 I thought it was a lonely journey alone.


 But thanks to Falsi, this last trip may be a little more enjoyable.


"Let's go! First of all, it's a holy spring."


"Where is that holy beast?"


"If I can meet the Holy Beast, I would like to say goodbye."


 And there he starts to die with his younger brother Falsi.


 I don't know that the encounter waiting at the end of this road will give us a miracle.


"I won't cry over there anymore!"


 I never imagined that the tears that broke that vow were very warm.





TL Note-: Thank you for reading. We will accept your impressions and typographical errors at any time.




Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter. Just caught up and really like it. I can't wait to see what's going to happen. Though I'm having a hard time figuring out everyone's gender.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts