I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.



Volume 3

Chapter 1-: Crafting a Titanic Tower!

(TL By GUST)



"We have gathered a considerable amount of materials by expanding the tunnel and harvesting from the surrounding forest. I believe it's time to start. "



 I headed out to gather materials early in the morning. Now I was standing in front of the plaza with my back facing the forest.


 This was where I intended to spend my afternoon constructing as lofty a tower as I could.


 I had already formed the blueprint in my mind yesterday.


 And now I had all the necessary materials as well.



"Now, I'll begin."



"Yeah! Good luck, Lord!"



"Amazing!"



"I'll prepare some refreshments, so if you ever tire, please take a break."



Today's companions are Koritoko, Falsi, and Terrine.


 Kieda was entrusted with locating a well, and Fayle was tasked with caring for the Coca birds. Agni wanted to handle that task, but it wouldn't have been a good idea to leave it to her, so I asked her to assist Kieda instead.



"Processing the materials according to the blueprint and transforming them into building components comes first."



 I turned my palm away from Koritoko and began crafting and piling the tower components one after another.


 This was the third grand structure after the Lord's house and the Coca coop, so I felt that it would end up much more intricate and refined.



"The Lord's gift is like magic."


"Wafun."


"That's right. I have seen various gifts in the royal capital, but Rest-sama's crafting is more mysterious than any of them."



With the chatter of the three people in the background, I finished stacking the materials neatly. Inspecting the sheer number of materials stacked in front of me caused me to become slightly dizzy.


 It's not as though I was running low on my magic reserves, but when I contemplated the tasks that I would have to execute after this, I began to feel weary by simply imagining them. 



"I designed it to be approximately twice as tall as the tallest tree in the forest, so it can't be helped."



 When I saw the mountain of materials  actually piled up in front of me rather than in my material storage, I felt a real sense of awe and grandeur which was absent from when I created the model I in my mind. 


 Although they were refined and stacked in a manner that would prevent them from falling without outside interference, just the thought of what might happen in the case of an earthquake was frightening.



"Is it going to be completed quickly?"



The previous constructions were completed speedily, but there were extra steps required for the tower that differed from the two previous buildings.


 The first was to place the refined materials back into my material storage and then assemble them.


 The reason for doing so is simple. If I left the materials on the ground, my power would fail to reach much further than 15 meters.



 My crafting skills were limited to an area sized at ten times my height.


 That is why I didn't construct the road all at once, but rather gradually while walking down the path it was to be built upon.



"Good, storage completed."



 A pile of building components were swallowed into my palm one after another as Koritoko stared at the sight with his mouth wide open.


 Falsi's face, with his mouth open and his tongue hanging loosely next to it, was also quite a sight to behold.



   "How is it? Pretty shocking, right?"



 I said something I normally wouldn't.


 While I was living at the Dyne residence, I wonder how much I repressed my desire to display this power.


 However, I could never bring myself to show my power to the Dyne family even to be rid of them.


 I only used it in front of Kieda, the only trustworthy servant at the time, in an unobtrusive place until I left the royal capital.


 Therefore, I didn't have much experience showing it off and being genuinely praised. I wanted to foster a little more respect for me in Koritoko's heart.



"Yeah! It's amazing! I thought it was amazing when you built the Coca coop, but today it's as though you are a Demon Lord!"


"The Demon Lord, I'd rather be the Wizard Hero who defeats the Demon Lord."



 Koritoko seems to have become addicted to the "Wizard's Story" that Terrine reads to him before putting him to sleep.


I don't know what prompted Terrine to bring along such a book, but I felt it may be something important to her, which would explain her carrying around something so ancient.


"But, the power of the Wizard Hero only causes destruction. The Demon Lord not only causes destruction, but also constructs a castle and town, right?"


"Well, the Demon Lord was also the king. However, the hero must have rebuilt the town after he became the king by defeating the Demon Lord."



 A hero's saga usually ends when a hero defeats the villain.


 Subsequent reconstruction is a matter of the  "everyone lived happily ever after" part of the story.



 However, depending on the story, the hero may also take command to create employment, weapons and armour. The hero of Terrine's "Wizard's Story" specializes solely in attack power though, so any such scenes are few and far between.


 Instead, there are many portions depicting the Demon Lord erecting a barrier and preparing various traps. Honestly, when I first read it, I recall that I also favoured the Demon Lord. 


 I was curious as to what Terrine aimed to convey with the book, but then I thought she must have simply read it because she brought it along.


"My Lord, can I call you the Demon Lord?"


"I absolutely hate it!"


 I answered Koritoko in a joking manner and laughed before trurning towards the imtended construction site of the tower.


Then, I extended my hand outwards and shouted "Craft!" in a voice louder than usual, my mind wondering about the brave man who saved the world.


Next


TOC


Prev






Comments

Popular Posts