I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.




Volume 2

Chapter 10-: Let's Fulfill Koritoko's Wishes!

(TL By GUST)




"Re-Rest! Shouldn't you bring that one as well?"



 Where had the usual calm and composed maid gone?


 Agni, who was struggling to breathe as she flattened herself against the fence of the Coca coop, said that to me.


 Of course, my answer was--



"It's decided to be useless, right?"


"That's right."


"And if you do that, you'll be beaten and abandoned by your parents."



 In the garden of the newly built Coca coop, the mother of the Coca birds was grooming the chicks' bodies with her beak.


After the Coca coop was completed, we headed to the Coca bird cage with Koritoko, who had agreed to become my first lord.



 Koritoko attested that the Coca bird was harmless as long as you familiarize yourself with the animal.


 He briefly engaged the Coca birds in conversation before requesting that I unlock the cage.



"They won't run away or attack, right?"


"It's okay. Believe in them."


"Consider it from my perspective would you?"


"Also, the mother hinted that she would like to feed on more of the grass the Lord gave her. It was the most delicious thing she had ever eaten."


"That grass behind the school?"



 The grass was growing in the school's rear courtyard, and it regrew immediately no matter how much was uprooted, so it was used as a practice subject for materialization.


 Thanks to that, my material storage contained a considerable amount.



"Yeah. You even live in a Coca coop if you feed the birds and become familiar with them."


"Is that true? If so, would you tell the mother that I'll feed them as much as she wants, so would she please cooperate? She doesn't need to worry about the eggs either, they're unfertilized."


"OK, I'll tell her."


 I stood idly beside Koritoko for a while as he concluded the negotiations.


"Huh, I never would have imagined that I'd be breeding monsters."



 I muttered that to myself as I gazed at the scene of the chicks who had finished grooming rolling around in the Coca coop's yard while rolled up like a gumball.


 Certainly, I had thought that rearing livestock would be necessary one day.


 However, I was convinced that I would need to continue hunting and farming for a while longer. It came as a pleasant to be rearing a monster this early on.



"Ah, I brought the Coca bird egg."


It was all thanks to this lesser-elf boy that I was able to make that happen.


 I left Agni where she was and rushed towards Koritoko to receive the hefty egg he wad holding.


 Koritoko explained that if we feed them adequately, the two adult birds will lay unfertilized eggs almost every day.


"Also, that grass, I would like more."


"Didn't I provide an ample amount?"


"It seems that laying eggs works up an appetite."



 If they consume it at this pace, it seems even my stockpile will vanish soon despite the considerable amount I had collected.


 Aside from the vegetable fields, we also needed to create a feeding yard for the Coca birds.


 Well, that grass grows in the blink of an eye, so if it is managed properly, there will be no problems regarding the fodder.



"Okay. Once we hand this egg over to Terrine, you can return to feeding them. By the way, where did Fayle go?"


"Mr. Fayle and Falsi both fell asleep behind the Coca coop."


"I wonder if they're on good terms because they have similar names? Or rather, what is he doing even though he was arrogantly announcing that he'd been entrusted that job by Terrine?"



 I said as such as I imagined Fayle breaking into tears after being angrily rebuked by Terrine.


 Koritoko, who was excitedly speaking about Fayle, Falsi, and the Coca bird, was so energetic that it was difficult to believe he the same person who was at death's doorstep just a few days ago.


 Terrine said he needed more time to rest, but perhaps it's time to prepare to pay his village a visit.



"Koritoko."


"Yes?"


"I have something to ask about this island, is that okay? Your--"


"By island are you referring to Eldova?"


"Oh, is that the name of this island?"


"If you mean this land, then yes. I'm unsure of what exactly an island is, but I asked Terrine some questions regarding this land, and she said, 'This is Eldova Island.'"



 Eldova territory.


 That is the name of my territory in the kingdom.


 However, Eldova territory only refers to this island.


 I heard that Eldova means "the farthest" in the old tongue of the kingdom, meaning this island is the territory at the border of the land controlled by the kingdom.



"Additionally, she preaches the praises of the Lord every day, saying that the Lord is a remarkable person and that the Lord will ensure everyone's happiness from now on."


"Hey, hey..."



 Terrine, what on earth are you trying to teach this innocent child?


 I decided to confirm what Koritoko said once again to ensure that I heard correctly. 

He simply repeated it again with a smile on his face.



"Koritoko. We are planning on paying your village a visit soon."


"Ah, my village…"


"I know it will be difficult for you, who had been greatly mistreated, to return to the village."


"..."


"Of course, even though you are my subject now, I won't force you to return to the village. I promise. However, it's quite difficult to reach the village without knowing any of the landmarks on the way. Therefore, I'd like to ask for your guidance. You won't have to enter either, just guide us near it, is that fine?"



 I spit out my words hurriedly and waited for Koritoko's reply.


 There is no reason for him not to hold a grudge against the village that abandoned him.


 Perhaps he didn't want to see the villagers' faces ever again. 


 Therefore, I thought it would be highly likely that Koritoko would refuse my request, but I still wanted to broach the subject.



"How about it?"



 I asked once again and glanced at Koritoko, who had been silent.


 His shoulders were trembling slightly. Perhaps he was crying due to the memories of his pain.



"Don't force yourself. If you aren't comfortable, just refuse."


"Really……"


 That barely audible voice was tinged with sounds of sobbing, causing me to regret my decision and believe I suggested the idea too soon. 


 However, Koritoko's following words completely betrayed my expectations.



"Really, I can meet my dad and my sister Merimy again!!"



 The face that was raised vigorously was glistening with tears and marked by a runny nose.


 Instead of expressing grief, it displayed a bursting happiness.



"Of course, we'll definitely meet everyone again. As long as you know the location of the village, would you tell me?"


"Ah! Um! I'm sorry!"



 Koritoko nodded vigorously while scattering tears and snot. Then, unable to help it, he crouched down and burst into tears once more.


 Well, he had been patient all this time.


Even though Falsi remained in the village, he was kicked out alone. He struggled to survive and fend off monsters, ultimately having to be helped by strangers.


 Koritoko hadn't cried loudly until now, even though he'd been through experiences far too harsh for a ten-year-old child.


 It must be because I had been overloaded with work all the time. He probably didn't want us to worry.


 I crouched down in front of the crying Koritoko, set the egg aside, and then hugged his body.


 Tears and snot left a wet patch on my clothes.



"Cry as much as you want, because you've experienced things no amount of tears can compensate for."


"Thank you!"



 Perhaps relieved by my words, Koritoko's crying became louder again.


 The sound Koritoko crying reached even  Terrine in the lord's manor. Kieda, Agni, Fayle and Falsi could also be seen peering towards us from the fields and the Coca coop.



 When Koritoko fell asleep after exhausting himself from crying, I handed him over to Falsi, who was anxiously waiting nearby, and stood up. After explaining the matter to everyone, I called Kieda and Terrine.



"Terrine. How soon can I take Koritoko out?"


"I think he'll complete his recovery in three more days."


"Okay, so I'm leaving three days later. By then, I'll look into Kieda matter and search the surrounding terrain for the well."



 According to that notebook, it must have been near that well that the members of the investigation team saw an elf-like figure.


 If so, there was a high possibility that there is a village in the vicinity of the fountain.



"Isn't it still dangerous to head out alone?"


"It's okay, I'm not going out yet."


"Do you want to examine the surrounding terrain without going outside? How is that possible?"


"That's simple. I just need to build this!"


 I unfurled my right hand in front of the two worried people, and in the palm of my hand, I crafted a miniature replica of the building I was going to create.


Next

TOC

Prev



Comments

Popular Posts