I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1-: Children of the Commoners

Quiet story Mysterious child (Frederick's point of view)
(TL By GUST)




 I'm Frederick Townsend. He is the third son of the Duke of Townsend and belongs to the Knights of the Guard.

 As a duke's human being, he repairs the exterior, so he is said to be a strong and kind nobleman, but in reality it is not.

 In front of his well-known friends, he has a sloppy and curious personality, and he likes the unreserved sense of distance between commoners.


 As usual on that day, I was thinking of going out to explore the outskirts of the royal capital on my days off and having a meal at the commoner's dining room.

 I got on a horse and arrived at the western outskirts of the royal capital, and while trying to leave my horse and change into commoner's clothes, I bumped into a child while trying to go to some rooms rented in the royal capital.


 I was still wearing simple armor to ride a horse, so I apologized not to scare him and tried to leave, but the child suddenly spoke in a language that didn't look like a commoner. ..

He uses difficult honorifics and is clearly not the son of a cafeteria.

 On the contrary, the wording was such that among the merchants, only the wealthy merchants who interacted with the aristocrats could be used by the commoners.


 I seemed to be convinced of the child's excuses on the spot, but I was suspicious of the child and asked him to investigate the child, thinking that it would be bad if he was a spy from another country. I thought that a spy would have been educated.

 The war ended a dozen years ago, and the country has a ceasefire agreement with other countries, but there are still many who want to fall into the other country.

 I thought it was better to be careful, so I asked him to investigate using the shadow of the Duke's family.


 The result was that the mother, father, and sister were very ordinary commoners, and that child, Leon, had no particular suspicions. It's like that house, both born and raised.

 What does it mean……? Then where did you learn that wording?

 With that in mind, I asked him to find out if there were fallen aristocrats and wealthy merchants in Leon's living area, and he met Leon frequently.

 But no one was like that.


 I don't know more and more, when I was thinking of going to the cafeteria and talking to him directly, I ran into Leon in the center of the royal capital.

 I was surprised to be in the center of town, but I was most surprised to be with Marcel. Marcel is famous as a magic tool developer.

 I thought it would be bad if Leon was a spy and Marcel was deceived, so I invited them to tea.




 And now is the way back, the boy named Leon is strange.

 It's a honorific, but it's the same as an aristocratic child who is well disciplined in his behavior and how to eat. It can also read and write.

 I have no idea where I learned.

 It just didn't look like a spy.

 In the first place, if you are a spy, you will not be so suspicious even though you are a commoner.


 Anyway, it's strange and I'm not sure. But it is certainly capable. Anyway, I was talking quickly and it seemed like I was talking to an adult.

 And my intuition is that I'm going to do something big in the future.

 I want to keep it within easy reach if possible. First of all, I want to check how much academic ability I have while delivering the teaching materials ...


 Also, it may be good to let the royal school go from our mansion.

 That child is excellent, but there was a place where he didn't seem to notice his excellence. I casually shook a little difficult topic such as the economy, but it seemed that he answered normally and did not realize that it was abnormal for commoners.

 Marcel next door was much more irritated.


 There are many dangerous aristocrats in this country, and other countries still have to consider it dangerous.

 That child must be fooled by such a person immediately. When that happens, it can be a threat that the child's brain is used for the enemy. Furthermore, if Leon is known to be beneficial to the forces of the Duke of Townsend, Leon may be erased.

 After all, I want to keep it under surveillance.

 You should talk to your father, mother, and older brother here.

 I decided to go to my parents' house as it was.




 At the dinner table that day, I was eating face-to-face with my family at the Duke of Townsend for the first time in a while.

 I usually live in a knight's dormitory, so I rarely eat at my parents' house.


 At the dining table, my father, mother, and second son were all there.

 Aristocrats in this country basically stay in the territory and manage the territory from the age of 15 until their child turns 15 years old.

 So my older brother, the current head of the Duke's family, his wife and children are not here because they are in the territory.

 If you give the head to a child, you will work at the royal palace, so you will return to the mansion of the royal capital. So my father and mother are here.



  During the meal, I talked about the recent situation, and when I was drinking wine after the meal, my father gave me an opportunity to talk.


"So Frederick, what's the story?"

"Yes, my father. I have a story about a boy named Leon, a commoner."


 Aristocrats need to speak well with their families, especially with their fathers. I envy the family relationship like a commoner, but I'm glad I was born in a good house because the status of this house is not as strict as other aristocratic houses and I have a good family relationship.

"Are you a commoner?"

"Yes. The commoner is the eldest son of a house that runs a cafeteria on the west side of the royal capital, and is eight years old. And I just met again in the city center today and had a cup of tea at a cafe. Leon used beautiful honors when he first met. By the way, I used the shadow of the Duke's family and investigated the commoner, but there was nothing suspicious, and he didn't seem to be learning from anyone. "


 Everyone seems to feel distrust in the fact that they are commoners who use beautiful honorifics, and the system is such that they listen to the story seriously from the beginning.


"And when I met in the city center today and ate at a cafe, the manners of eating were the same as those of a well-disciplined aristocratic child. I was surprised that I understood everything and returned it accurately. Also, it seems that I can already read and write. "

"What's that? If my shadow looked up, it's definitely information that there's nothing suspicious, and it's true that I didn't seem to have learned. Then I'll do everything perfectly without learning. Does that mean that there really is such a child ... "


 My father is very confused, and everyone else seems to be confused as well.

 But you know, I'm still confused.


"That's why my father, Leon, wants to go to a royal school. If he finds himself capable at school and is spotted by aristocrats from other powers or from other countries, the loss can be huge. I promised to prepare the materials, so if you enroll in a royal school, why not let them go from our mansion? "

"Hmm, if you're such a talented person, you should secure it early. I'm sure you'll be a person who will support our power."

"Yes, and Lucian enrolls in the Royal School at the same age as Leon, so you can see what's going on at school and I think Leon will be a good friend."


 Lucian is the eldest son of his older brother. Enroll in the Royal School in the same year as Leon.


"Well, is it the same age as Lucian? If the commoner Leon is so talented, he would be a good friend to Lucian. If Leon goes to royal school, let him go from home. Then, I want to see you once, so please bring me next time. "

"Thank you. Then I will bring you along with the schedule."

"Oh, it's going to be fun"


  Ah ………… It seems that my father's curiosity has been stimulated. My father really likes rare and new things.

 Well, it was accepted, so let's say it's good for today.


"Oh, and Frederick, Leon should keep a lookout."

"I'm clever. I'll leave a shadow."


 I couldn't trust it right away, so I was going to cast a shadow. I'm grateful that my father offered me.


 With such a story, the dinner was open.

 I wish Leon would be beneficial to this country. With that in mind, I returned to the knight's dormitory.





TL Note-: Thank you for reading. We will accept your impressions and typographical errors at any time.










Comments

Popular Posts