I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 4-: Ordinary forest
( TL By GUST )

{SPONSORED CHAPTER}
(Sponsor- Krazey)


"Well, Mom and Dad are going to prepare the evening menu, so Leon and Marie can go play.

"Right. But be careful, okay?"



 



 As Mom and Dad said this, Marie got up from her chair and shouted as if she had just remembered something.



"I forgot! Big brother, I promised Nicolas and Luke that we would go to the forest today!

"Is that so?

"Oh, yeah! Did you forget, big brother?

"No, I remembered! We'd better get ready!



 I replied to Marie, impatient inside. I'm sure you'll be able to find something in Leon's memory that will help you remember your promise.

 

 This memory is inconvenient because you have to try to remember it yourself....... Well, it's a lot better than nothing, so thank you.

 

 I'm not sure what to make of it. They've been friends since childhood and often play together. The fact that Nicola is the same age as me and Luke is the same age as Marie is probably the reason why they get along so well.



"Are we going to the forest today? And be sure to bring a bell to keep the beasts away.

"Yes! Don't worry, I won't forget it! I'm going to pick lots of fruit!



 


 I'm going to pick a lot of fruit!" "A beast repellent bell is something you must bring with you when you go to the forest. It's something like a bear bell in Japan.

 

 According to Leon's memory, there are no demons in the forest, only small animals and bears, and they are found in the deepest parts of the forest, so he rarely encounters them in the shallow areas.

 

 It's standard to have demons in other worlds, but not in this one? It was only in the stories....... Well, if there aren't any, that's a good thing! I can't actually fight a demon, it's too scary.



"So, big brother, let's get ready!"



 

 With that, Marie pulled me by the hand and led me up the stairs to the storage room on the second floor.

 

 She said that when she went to the forest, she would change into leather boots and take a knife, a leather bag of water, and a backpack to carry her harvest.

 

 Right now I'm wearing a stiff t-shirt and a pair of pants made of the same material with ties, but it looks like I'm going to the forest without changing my clothes.

 

 Okay, I'm ready. There's something nerve-wracking about having a knife on your hip. ...... It's a different world where even kids carry knives.......



"Marie, are you ready?"

"Yeah! I'm ready!

"Let's get some water and go.



 



 The drinking water is from a well, so we have to go to the well to get water. The well is not a pump type, but a string type, so it is difficult to draw water.

 

 Okay! I dropped the tub into the well, filled it with water, and pulled the string vigorously with ............. It hurt my hands a lot.

 

 I finally made it to the top. It's hard for an eight-year-old body to fetch water from the well.

 

 I put the water in my leather bag and we were ready to go.



"Let's go, Marie!

"Yes!



 



 We opened the kitchen door, greeted Mom and Dad, and left the house.



"I'm off!

"Have a good day. Be careful.

"Be back before it gets dark.

"Yes!"



 



 I replied and ran out of the house to the neighbour's house. I say ran out, but it's next door, so I'll be there soon. ......

 

 The house next door is built like ours, with the dining room part being a tool store.

 

 They sell knives, leather bags, burlap bags, and various other tools for daily use.



"Hello!  Are Nicolas and Luke here?

"Oh, Marie, welcome.

"Hi, Aunt Marie.

"Leon's here too. Nicola and Luke will be here soon, just wait a minute.



 



 This is Nicola and Luke's mother. I call her aunt, but she is still young, about the same age as my mother. She's a little plump and kind, and she's still sitting in her chair at the counter instead of the cash register, smiling at us.



"No uncle today?"

"'Ben's out stocking up, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but I'm sure he'll be home when you come back from the forest.

"Oh, yes! I love my uncle!

I love you!" "Oh, Ben will be so happy to hear that.



 



 Ben was Nicolas and Luke's father, a very cheerful and energetic man. Ben is Nicolas and Luke's father, a very cheerful and energetic man. Marie loves him and often comes to see him. By the way, her aunt's name is Sarah.



"Leon, Marie, wait for me!

"Nicolas! Don't worry, I'm not waiting that long.



 



 Nicolas opened the door and came towards the store. Nicolas had green hair and green eyes, a very strange colour to me as a Japanese, but a normal colour in this world. From Leon's memory, Luke had blue hair and blue eyes. This colour is also amazing. ...... But this world seems to be colourful in both hair and eye colour.



"And Luke, he's almost here.

"Nicola, brother! Let's pick some fruit today!

"Marie, yes. Let's pick a lot of fruit.

"Yes!



 



 Nicolas loves Marie as if she were his own sister. Even now, she is gently stroking Marie's head, her face relaxed.

 

 It's a great way to make sure you're getting the most out of your money.



"Sorry! Wait! I couldn't get my shoes on right.

"It's okay, Luke. Did you get your shoes on?

"They're perfect!



 



 Luke put his hands on his hips, turned his chest up, and exclaimed with pride. Luke is a little mischievous boy with blue hair and blue eyes. But he also seems to be a very nice boy with a gentle side.



"Luke, you're late! Damn it! If we don't go soon, we won't have time to pick fruit.

"Sorry, sorry, I'll help you pick some for Marie.

"Really?  Yay!  Thanks."



 



 Marie was angry at first, her brow wrinkled, but as soon as Luke said he would help her pick the fruit, she broke into a big smile.

 

 In Leon's memory, the only sweet things he had ever eaten were fruits from the forest, so fruits must be a valuable sweet.



"Let's go, then. You've got the bell to keep the beasts away, right?

"Yes, I have!"



 



 Nicolas made a final check and they were off.

 

 In Leon's memory, the royal capital was not surrounded by walls, and after passing through the densely populated residential areas, fields and farms spread out, with only a few houses standing on their own.

 

 As we continued along the road in front of the house, we began to see fields and pastures, and after a short distance, we came to a road that veered off to the right. We followed the road for about ten minutes until we reached the forest.

 

 We walked in silence and reached the forest.



"All right, let's take a break and find some fruit.

"Nicolas, Marie, it's not too late! Let's find some fruit!

"Let's get some rest first. You're tired, but you have to walk home.

"Yes."



 



 We decided to sit down and take a break, just like Nicolas had said. The walk to the forest took about thirty minutes, but it was quite tiring for a child's body.



"Hey, brother! Can you pick lots of fruit?

"It hasn't really gotten hot yet. I don't think we'll be able to pick much.

"What the hell, man?

"Nicola, can you pick some fruit?



 



 Marie was in tears when she heard that there was not much to pick. Nicolas saw this and hurriedly said, "But we can still pick fruit this time of year.



"But we can still pick some fruits this time of year! Leon?
"Marie, you can pick raspberries this time of year. Shall we look for them?"

"Really? I like raspberries! They're sweet and delicious!

"You can pick raspberries? I love raspberries! I love raspberries!

"So today we're going to look for raspberries.

"Yes!"



 



 Marie nodded with a big smile on her face. I'm glad she's in a better mood.

 

 I let out a sigh of relief and stared at Nicola. Nicolas, you sacrificed me....... As I was staring at her, her eyes met mine and she apologized with her eyes.

 

 It's a good idea to keep your eyes on the road and not on the road.

 

 I feel like ever since I've been in Leon's body, I've been acting and thinking like a kid again. Maybe there's a little bit of Leon pulling at me.

 

 Well, he's just a kid now, so being pulled around by Leon is probably just fine.



"Let's find some raspberries, shall we?

"Sure."



 



 We went into the forest and split up to look for raspberries. However, when we said we were going into the forest, we were really only going into the outer edges of the forest, and only as far as we could quickly get out of the forest. We didn't want to get lost in the forest.

 

 There was a river flowing a little deeper into the forest, but we decided to wait until we were a little older to go that far.



"There were raspberries!



 



 Marie shouted. I walked over to where Marie was and saw many raspberries.

 

 Nicolas and Luke came running up to me, their eyes sparkling. Nicolas looked mature, but I thought he was cute and childlike in this way.



"Well, let's harvest! Marie, I brought you a burlap sack, so you can put it in here.

"Yes! Thank you, big brother! I'm so happy.

"That's right. Why don't we pick some and give them to Mom and Dad?

"Yes!"



 



 Marie was harvesting the raspberries with her small hands. I started picking with her.

 

 Nicolas and Luke also started picking from the opposite side.

 

 It's a lot of work. But it seems that there aren't many sweets in this world, and the only fruits I can remember eating are the ones I picked in the forest, so they're really valuable. Let's do our best to collect them.

 

 Okay, I've filled up my bag, so that's enough.



"Let's finish up soon. We've already filled the bag.

"Yes! That's a lot!

"I got a lot more than I thought I would.

"I got all the raspberries!



 



 Everyone's eyes were sparkling from the many raspberries they had picked.



"Let's take a break and eat some.

"Yes! I'll eat them!

"Then let's all sit on those rocks over there.

"Yes!



 



 We all sat down on a stone that was high enough to sit on and decided to eat the raspberries. The colour is dark and it looks delicious, but what about the taste? ......PakuPaku............PakuPaku! 

  

 It's so sour! It's definitely sweet. But the sourness is so strong that I can't taste the sweetness.

 

 Can you guys eat it? When I looked at Marie beside me, she was smiling and seemed to be enjoying the food.



"Marie? Isn't it sour?"

"Why not? It's sweet and delicious!

"Are you sure? What about Nicola and Luke? 

"It's sweet and delicious.

"They're so good! Raspberries are the best!



 



 They all look really good eating them. Why ......? Strawberries are supposed to be sweeter and fresher than .............

 

 Well, I ate a lot of sweet things in Japan, so I guess that's why this feels sour to me. If the only sweet thing I've eaten since I was born is fruits from the forest, this would be the sweetest thing I've ever eaten.

 

 But maybe that's fine for everyone else, but I already know a lot of sweet and delicious things. I want to eat sweet fruits, cakes, cookies, chocolates, just thinking about it makes me want to eat them.

 

 If I have sugar, I can make simple sweets, right? I need to find some sugar. This is an urgent matter.

 

 As I was thinking about this, everyone was getting up after their break.



"Since it hasn't been that long, let's pick up some firewood and go home.

"Right! I'll pick up the most wood!

"I'll be the first!



 



 "I'll be the first!" "I'll be the first!" The three of them started picking up firewood, talking like this. We were only picking up branches that had fallen to the ground, but it was a lot of hard work and it was hard to carry them home.

 

 The reason why we are picking up firewood is because we can get pocket money if we bring it home.

 

 We are a diner, so we consume a lot of firewood. Basically, we buy firewood, but it is quite expensive, so to save money, we go to the forest and pick up branches to use as firewood.

 

 It seems that many other houses also pick up branches from the forest to save money. Nicola and Luke's house was no different.



"Hurry up and pick it up too, big brother!

"Sorry, sorry, I'll pick it up now." 



  



 I started to pick up the firewood too, but the basket was getting heavier and heavier and it was hard to sit on my back. But Marie and Luke were doing it without a whimper, and I, being older than them, couldn't afford a whimper. I'll have to work hard, too.

 

 Kids in this world are so strong. With that in mind, I continued to pick up the firewood.



"It's getting late, let's go home.



 



 Nicola said, and we all started preparing to leave. We don't have clocks in this world, so we don't know the exact time, but we can tell the approximate time by the position of the sun.



"Okay, is everyone okay?"

"Yes! Yeah, I'm fine!

"I can still walk!

"Yeah, I'm okay, too. Let's go home."



 



 And so we all walked in silence towards home. It took us a little longer to get home than it had taken us to get there.





 You're asking me that? Marie looked up at me with tears in her eyes. According to Leon's memory, the things that can be picked this time of year are: ............These are raspberries! 

  

 In this world, there are many plants and animals that are the same as in Japan. Some of them are a little different, but many of them are similar. I wonder why ......?


Comments

Popular Posts