The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 169-Persuasion

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

 "I'm not unable to cooperate, I just choose not to cooperate... that's my answer," said the elder firmly. His words conveyed a strong sense of rejection.

There seemed to be some reason beyond just me being human.

This isn't going to be easy.

But I can't give up now. I've made up my mind to see this through.

"May I ask why you won't cooperate?"

"There's nothing we need to tell humans."

"..."

"Just meeting with you in person should be seen as our maximum concession. We will never go as far as to cooperate. That's the end of this conversation. Leave our village as soon as possible."

"Oh?"

Al suddenly tapped the elder's head.

"What are you doing, Al?"

"Young people have come all the way to visit your village, and you're giving them that attitude? Even if they are human, there should be a certain level of respect."

"But, humans..."

"Exactly because they're humans. If we were to act in such a way, it would cast doubt on the dignity of our spirit tribe. Don't you understand that?"

"Ugh..."

"Besides, I'm the one who negotiated with them. I won't let you drive them away without a good reason. Do you intend to ruin my reputation?"

"Well, I..."

"Well then, start over."

Al and the elder were exchanging words.

As I watched them, Sora and Luna whispered to me.

"...Mother has lived longer than the elder."

"...That's why even the elder can't go against her."

"...I see."

I understood their explanation, but...

If we're going by appearance alone, Al is like a grandchild and the elder is like a grandpa.

Appearance and reality seem to have switched places.

The same goes for Suzu...

Is it true that the strongest type of woman appears younger as she ages?

"Sigh...humans."

The elder's gaze returned to me.

"I'll retract my order for you to leave immediately. I'll hear you out for a little while longer."

"Thank you."

"I've already heard the general idea from Al... It seems that the celestial race that we sealed away in the past has been released."

"Yes. And we want to seal them away again. Can you lend us the necessary items?"

"Cooperating with humans is..."

"Hmm? Did you say something just now?"

"...Please explain in more detail."

The person, or rather Al, showed her fist beside her and changed the subject while the other person, Chief, was sweating. It looked like he was being threatened, is it okay to do so...?

However, it is certain that the conversation won't proceed without doing this.

Apologizing internally, I continued to speak.

"We cannot leave Iris alone. We have to seal her again."

"It has nothing to do with us. I heard that humans had released the seal. They brought it upon themselves."

"Yes, that's right. That's why we have to stop Iris with our own hands."

I gazed straight at Chief.

Chief also peered into the my eyes.

Our gazes clashed...

Eventually, the Chief sighed.

"Hmph... You're a stubborn person. Usually, if someone is treated so coldly, they would give up."

"I don't plan on giving up even a bit."

"What is driving you so much? To protect humans?"

"That's also part of it. But it's not just that."

"What else?"

"I also want to help Iris."

"Oh?"

The Chief seemed interested in what I said.

Encouraged to continue talking, I expressed my thoughts.

"Iris is only thinking about revenge. She doesn't think about herself at all. It's not normal to live like that. She'll self-destruct before long. That's why I want to stop her. I want to help Iris."

"Even though she's an enemy...?"

"Perhaps she is an enemy. But..."

Thinking back to the night spent with Iris at River's End.

At that time...

Maybe it was just at that time...

But I definitely felt like I had a connection with Iris.

It might have been just a whimsical, meaningless time for Iris.

I didn't think about it that deeply either.

Nevertheless...

I couldn't forget it. It remained in my memory to this day.

So I can assert it.

"Even though she may be an enemy, we can connect with each other."

"..."

"I don't intend to say that I understand everything about Iris. I might have understood only a small part... That may be nothing more than just sympathy."

"You're aware of that, huh."

"But is it wrong to feel sympathetic?"

"..."

"Feeling sympathetic means putting yourself in the other person's shoes. I don't think that's a bad thing."

"Hmm... It's all a matter of perspective."

"But that's how I truly feel."

To the Chief, who spoke in a way that denied what was said, I continued to explain.

"Seal Iris to help her. It may be a contradiction... But this is the best way right now, I think. So please lend us your strength."

"Do you not think it would be faster to defeat her?"

"That won't solve anything. Well, maybe for us humans it might solve the problem... but it's just like putting a lid on something that stinks."

This incident was caused by us humans.

Therefore, we humans must take responsibility.

And not just in the form of a convenient extermination...

At the very least, we must take the form of a seal.

"Killing, being killed... that's just sad. We need to break this chain somewhere."

"..."

"I... we will break this chain. We will end it here."

"...Very well."

The Chief nodded deeply in silence.

"If you have such determination and resolve, then there is no need to question it."

"Then..."

"We don't mind lending our help."

With a sigh of relief, the tension in the body dissipated.

Finally, we could take a step forward.

We'll keep moving forward...

And then, we'll stop Iris.

Once again, I made up my mind in my heart.

"However, there are conditions."

"What is this? You're bringing up complaints now, at this point in time?"

Al glared at him, but the Chief didn't flinch.

"I truly mean to cooperate. If we leave those celestial beings as they are, the spirit tribe may also suffer the consequences."

The spirit tribe was the one who sealed Iris.

It's not impossible that they might be included in Iris's revenge.

"However, I cannot judge whether or not we can leave it to this human. We must first see his strength. It would be foolish to entrust everything to someone without first seeing their strength, right?"

"Mm, that's..."

Al seemed to be lost for words.

But what the leader was saying was reasonable.

If I didn't have the power, then I wouldn't be able to seal Iris...

Without proof, I wouldn't be able to gain their trust.

I think the only way is to show them directly with my own eyes.

And so...

"Human. Show us how strong you are."

As expected, it turned out like this.

But it doesn't matter.

If this is what it takes to find a way to seal Iris, I'll endure anything.

TL Note- I just gave a exam yesterday, more exams in upcoming week......



Comments

Popular Posts