The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 170-Trials of the Spirit Race

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Led by the elder, we moved to a place like an arena.

"I'm surprised there's a place like this in the spirit tribe's village."

"This is mainly where we train magic. This wide space was secured for magic training purposes."

"Also, a barrier is always erected to prevent damage to the surrounding area when magic fails."

Luna and Sora explained to me.

So this is where the "trial" the elder mentioned will be held. I wonder what kind of challenge it is. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

"Take the stage."

As instructed by the elder, I climbed onto the arena stage. Kanade tried to follow me, but...

"Girl from the cat spirit tribe and the others, you can't come."

"Huh? Why?"

"We don't need to check your power. If you're the strongest species, you undoubtedly have the power to match."

"So, only I will take the trial?"

"That's right. Worried?"

"No, not at all."

I looked at Kanade and the others.

"That's why... please step back."

"But..."

"It's okay. I'll be fine. I've been fine all along, right?"

"Nya... Rain tends to lie a little about things concerning himself."

...Did I really?

"But... yeah. I believe you! Do your best♪"

"Thank you."

Kanade and the others waited by the side of the arena.

"You will fight against a certain opponent."

"A certain opponent...?"

The grandiose way of speaking made me curious. Is it such a strong opponent?

I unconsciously became more cautious.

"If you can defeat them in a one-on-one battle, we will acknowledge you."

"What's the victory condition?"

"Literal defeat."

"I see..."

"What, are you already thinking you've won?"

"No, it's not like that."

"Hmph... no need to worry unnecessarily. Your opponent is something created with magic, a 'thing.' It has no life, so there's no need to worry about that."

"I feel relieved to hear that."

I didn't know what kind of opponent it was, but I would give it my all. I had to be acknowledged.

And there's no time to waste. If possible, I'd like to settle this in a short period of time.

I was thinking about such things, but I was soon reminded that things wouldn't be so easy.

"Your opponent is... this thing!"

The space distorted, and a huge mirror appeared.

"What is this...?"

I saw my own figure reflected in the huge mirror. The me in the mirror looked puzzled.

"Huh!?"

Suddenly, the me in the mirror smirked.

But I wasn't smiling.

Myself in the mirror began to move on its own...

From the mirror to the real world.

Another me appeared from the mirror.

"What? What's going on?"

"Rain has two of him...?"

I could hear Kanade and Tania's surprised voices.

Although I myself didn't make any sound, I was also very surprised.

What on earth is this...?

"That's your opponent."

"Me...? It's me, right?"

"Yes. In other words, it's a battle against yourself."

"A battle against myself..."

"One's true nature can only be discerned when facing oneself. Therefore, I want you to fight against yourself. Now, show me your power...and your heart."

The elder clapped his hands...

That was the signal for the start of the battle.

――――――――――

One more me...

It's hard to say, so let's call it the "shadow."

The shadow ran forward with a signal.

"Ah!"

Fast!

Like the wind.

I couldn't stop the rushing shadow, and it was allowed to enter my guard.

The shadow continued to throw punches with a flowing motion.

One strike.

Two strikes.

Three strikes.

I managed to dodge the first strike by tilting my head, caught the second with my left hand, and was unable to avoid or catch the third and took it straight on.

It was a heavy blow.

It felt like the shock echoed through the core of my body, and I stumbled unconsciously.

Without missing a beat, the shadow moved to a follow-up attack.

It stuck to me perfectly, never letting me create distance, and was right on top of me.

Once it got a grip, it would never let go.

"This is... so persistent!"

I tripped the shadow's feet, kneed it while it was off balance, and spun in place.

I dropped my heel from top to bottom.

The shadow received a fierce blow, wobbling for a moment, but then immediately recovered its posture.

This power.

And this durability.

The shadow seems to be accurately copying my stats.

So...

"Kuh!?"

Just as I had a bad feeling...

The shadow simultaneously cast three fireballs and sent them towards me.

TL Note- If he kills himself then is it called self harmed?


Comments

Popular Posts