Evil Avalon


Chapter 111-Puppet student body president

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Give it to me now! Give it to me quickly, damn you how much time you took."

"It's a little crowded. But I got enough for everyone. ......"

"Souta went to the trouble of buying them for me. Mashima, think of a better way to say it."



 It was time for lunch and me, Tachiki-kun, Satsuki and Lisa went to an unpopular place to interview Akagi and Mashima about what happened this morning. If we stayed in the classroom or cafeteria, we might get tangled up with the No. 2 Kenjutsu* Club again.

 (tL: *Swordsman's club)

 

 Since we were going to discuss over lunch, I was the least conspicuous purchaser. I was getting jostled around in the purchasing area and managed to secure enough bread and milk for everyone. ...... I was being scolded by Mashima for being late and was quickly handing them out to everyone. To be Honest it wasn't  easy to be able to find a way to get the bread and milk for all of them.



 By the way, Akagi and Mashima's bruises and wounds have almost disappeared after being treated by the [Priest] teacher, and they only have a few adhesive bandages on them. The two were in such bad shape when they were thrown into the classroom this morning that they couldn't stand up on their own, but with the magic treatment, it didn't take them long at all to be fine.



 "Thanks, um, your name is ......, well, okay. So I was on my way to school when I got caught out of the blue. Then they said, "Show me what you've got."

 "Me too. I tried to fight back, but I couldn't do anything."

 

  After receiving the bread from me,  Akagi-kun began to talk about the situation when he was caught. According to him, he was told to show his skills when he left the dormitory, and without knowing why, he was brought to the training ground of the No. 2 Kenjutsu Club and beaten up. Mashima, who was very competitive, tried to fight back, but he could not even resist when he was up against several higher-ranked opponents.

 

He was so frustrated that he pounded his fists on the ground.

"Even if you say ability, they knew the level of the two, didn't you?"

"I showed them the screen of the terminal and told them I was level 6 many times, but they didn't stopped questioning me."

"Someone from E class shouldn't fake or hide their level. ...... Well, there's also the Omiya's case."



   Akagi also told the students that he was level 6 on the list, but they didn't seem to believe him.

 

 Mashima, on the other hand, looked at Satsuki and wondered. Normally, if you are seen as weak, your position in the school will be weakened, so as soon as your level goes up, you should update your database using the appraisal machine, but Satsuki did not update hers. Lisa suspects that there may be a few students who don't report their levels.



 "Also, when I was getting beat up, they asked me several times who was the strongest guy in Class E. I was like, 'Who's the strongest guy in Class E?' At the moment, the strongest among us is Omiya. Isn't it Omiya they're looking for, too?"



 From Mashima-kun's dungeon-diving experience, it is unlikely that he could raise his level higher than Satsuki in the short time he has been in the school so far. That is why I assure you that Satsuki is the strongest one in the E class. That would be the case  if we didn't have the player.



"But - what is the Second Swordsman's Club targeting Satsuki for?'

"They said it was Ashikaga's order. I searched the database for that surname, and only one person came up with a hit. This person is a bit of a problem."



 Tachiki-kun operated the terminal while biting into a piece of bread and showed us the screen, so we all peeked at it. There, the data of a certain male student was displayed.

 

 Ashikaga Keigo, 2nd year, A class. He is the eldest son of a viscount. He is a member of the First Swordsman's Club. He was runner-up in the swordsmanship division at the school's martial arts competition.

 

 It's easy to imagine that he's a very powerful guy who must be well known in the school, but he's not in my game knowledge and I can't picture his face.The way Lisa was looking at me and tilting her head the same way, it is still very possible that he is someone who does not appear in the game.

 

"I was wondering if it was the First Swordsman's Club, not the Second, that are after her? I heard from Kaworu that Omiya's level is about 10. I don't mean to sound rude, but ...... I don't think it's enough to make the First Sword Art Club wary. What do you think?"


"...... sorry. I'm not going to tell you the details. But I am much lower level than Ashikaga, and I don't have any reason to believe that I would be targeted by either of the swordsmanship clubs."

 

 But would he use such forceful means without a reason? There must be a reason.



"I would like to ask Ashikaga directly what he was thinking when he moved the Second Swordsmanship Club to chase after the strongest of class E, but we were dealing with a nobleman.As they are aristocrats, and they would not be interested in us. I have an idea of a nobleman who could act as an intermediary,......, but I think that would be a last resort."



 Tachiki-kun, if you ask me, has a message with the First Magic Club. In the course of his story, he mentions a girl who runs the First Magic Club, but she must have been a staunch aristocrat. If it were Tachiki-kun's own problem he might consider asking for help, it is hard to believe that he would ask help when it wasn't his problem but the issue of the whole E class.



"I think that's about all we can ask them. I'm going to try to work in our own way from here on out. I think Yuma and Mashima will be fine, but if you need anything else, call me right away."

"The most powerful person in the class, Omiya, Tachiki, who is the chief strategist, and Nitta, who has the best academic ability in the class, will be supporting me."

"I'm sure you will find the solution but the most important thing to remember is to be careful."



 Lisa smiles and waves at them as they walk back to class, and Satsuki looks at me sideways and smiles bitterly. Naturally, I don't say anything wild like, "Um, I'm here too" ....... I don't want to stand out and make it difficult for them to move around. I'm going to need Satsuki and Lisa to do their best here.

 

 

 I was thinking that now that the interview was over, I could eat at my leisure, but there was one person who was giving me a hard look.

 

"By the way, Narumi. How strong are you and what can you do?"



 Tachiki-kun raised his glasses with his index finger as if thinking about something, then turned his sharp gaze on me again.



"Eh? Well, if it's just a chore like the one I just did--"

"Don't be silly. There's no way Nitta would call you for something like that. It's my own guess,......, but I think you and Nitta are in the same party with Omiya. I'm sure your both levels are not as low as the numbers in the database, if not the same as Omiya's."
(TL:The only smart character)
 

 As I expected of you, Tachiki, you are very perceptive. The actuality is that you're an intelligent character who has saved the protagonist's party many times in the game. But I'm not going to tell you now. If I told you, I'm sure you would think of class management and strategies that take my strength into account. I'm going to play it cool here.

 

I'm going to say anything 

"You're not going to tell me? ...... Well, that's okay. But from now on, I will treat you on the same level as Nitta and Omiya. That's because Nitta, whom I believe in, believes in you. From what I've seen, Omiya seems to have a lot of trust in you. I'll rely on you without hesitation, even though there may be danger ahead."

"Fufu. I'm relying on you~."

"But, but. Basically, I think it is better to support  at the rear without going forward. Right, Souta?"

 

 Satsuki casually follows up, but Tachiki-kun says that he'll deal with my position later, and goes into a recap of this morning's events.

 

"First. What we know now is - the second swordsmanship club is looking for the strongest person in the E class. The man running the second sword club is a man named Ashikaga from the first sword club. That's about it. ...... have you noticed anything from this?"



 However, it is almost impossible to read their intentions from this little information. Even Akagi and Mashima, who were torn to pieces, could not quite grasp the situation. Even so, Satsuki put into words what she had noticed.



"Speaking of the First Kenjutsu Club, they are the dons of a large faction that has a number of clubs under its umbrella, right?"

"One of the eight factions known as the "Eight Dragons" that effectively run this school."

"It's possible that Ashikaga is working alone, so it's not certain that the other party is the entirety of the First Swordsman's Club,......, but if they are, it's a serious matter."



 Hachiryu is deeply involved not only in club activities but also in various school operations such as examinations and career paths.  Tachiki-kun says weakly, "I can already see the victory or defeat when I challenge them."



'I told the health teacher and Murai-sensei about what happened this morning, but they only saw it as part of the training and didn't see it as a problem,...... and I don't want to have to keep my fingers crossed if they keep violating rules like this,......."



 Satsuki grabs her skirt and looks down in frustration. In the game, even against upperclassmen and nobles, she confronted them head on, so she was the target of excessive retaliation. 



I am a little worried that Satsuki, in front of me, will do the same thing. The other day, the class competition also adopted an unfair "helper rule" and the total amount of magic stone group was disqualified. No, even the earlier duel fiasco must have been a set-up. They are clearly trying to destroy the E class, which is an outside student. I suspect that Hachiryu was involved in all of this.



 He claims that the E class is being unfairly suppressed by Hachiryu's malicious intent. Well, the mastermind in the game was Hachiryu, so Tachiki's guess is probably correct. The problem is the countermeasure.

"Then, Tachiki-kun, what do you think should be done to protect Class E? 

TATSUKI: "Hm. This is what I told Nitta before."



 If there is no chance of winning in a proper fight, he said, then they should be subordinated and removed from the target of the attack. If we can get under the umbrella of the eight dragons, not only the upper classes, but even nobles like Ashikaga and the First Swordsman's Club will not be able to touch us easily.

 

 What we are thinking of now is a plan to take advantage of the upcoming election for the next student body president. It is a common practice for the eight dragons to fight for the position of the next student body president, and this year, they will surely be aiming for the votes of the E class as well. So, we are going to make the first move to get closer to one of the eight dragons by bringing our votes with them.

 

"If we succeed, we will be protected from unreasonable rules and violence, and our position as the E class will improve a little. But if we fail, we may be stared down by all of the eight dragons. In that case, we would inevitably be put in a worse situation than we are now."



 I had heard that idea from Lisa before, and Tachiki-kun at the game was also working to subordinate himself to one of the eight dragons, so I am not surprised. But what about contact at this stage?

 

 Originally, the contact with Hachiryu would have been made after a good relationship was established between  Sera-san and  Akagi-kun, who became the student council president, and many months after the election of the next student council president in terms of timing.  Sera-san moved the student council to launch a reconciliation plan for the E class, and several Hachiryu rebelled against it; students in the E class were involved in violence one after another and there were many duel events, so they had no choice but to contact Hachiryu. But This was much faster than in the game.

 

 In addition, there were concerns about the strategy of using the E class vote as a hand-me-down to seduce Hachiryu. Lisa also pointed out her concerns, perhaps thinking the same thing.



"But I wonder if Hachiryu will be satisfied with the votes we give it. I on my part think they will test us to see if it is really worth it to have them as part of our group."

"I wonder if they will ask for a duel after all."



   Of course, that is not the only concern.



"The other issue is who to negotiate with. Even among the eight dragons, there are many different values and ways of thinking, so it's best to focus on the right target."

"I also think that's true. If we call on every one of the eight dragons, we will lose credibility. But I wonder if there is a place that understands our E-Class. ......"



 In the game, Some of the eight dragons hate the E class as if it were a snake and a scorpion. this was the case with the First Swordsmanship Club and the First Magic Club. It is best to avoid these two factions.


"As for which of the eight dragons to negotiate with, at the moment I'm thinking of the student council."

"The student council?"

"Ummm... ......"



 The student body president before  Sera-san, in other words, the student body president at the moment, was synonymous with incompetence in the game. He is a mob character whose name and face are not even mentioned. He is a stepping stone to make Sera-san's achievements look better. Unlike Sera-san, he did not try to move Hachiryu, nor did he make any major reforms, and he was regarded as a puppet of Hachiryu or something similar.

 

 Can they seriously restrain Hachiryu when they are under the control of such a foolish student council president?

 

(No, I don't think so Or, to put it another way, is it possible to make a play for the current student body president by using his mouth as a puppet?)



Since he seems to have a high level of pride, we may be able to get by unexpectedly if we use a negotiating style that accurately tickles that level of pride. The other eight dragons are not only full of muscles, but also have smart intellectuals, so the difficulty level of negotiation would be much lower compared to them.

 

 And even if they are the student council. Thanks to the large amount of authority they are given, they have the greatest power within the Hachiryu. As for the Hachiryu, it would be good to first get in touch with them and see what they can do before thinking about it. However, the term of office of the current student council president is limited, so if we are going to make a move, we must do so at the earliest possible opportunity.



"I'm not against it, but why the student council?'

"That's easy. The current student body president from what I've heard that he is an intelligent, fair, and highly competent person."

"What?'

"Is that so? If that's the case, then we can expect great things from him."

If the current student council president is competent, he could be a strong check against the Eight Dragons, and if he is fair, there is a possibility that he will listen to the petitions of the E class. Tachiki-kun adds that if he is as capable as rumored, there is little risk even if negotiations fail.

 

 Both Lisa and I can only be surprised at this unexpected reason. We cannot tell if he is not who he says he is in the game or if the information Tachiki-kun has provided is incorrect.

 

 

 In the midst of all this, an e-mail arrives on my terminal. The sender is the student council.



The message reads: "Please come to the student council office after school today that's all."

TL Note- The author will change the story angle from here on so let's hope new chapter  comes out before the next Sunday. We have reached the raws and I have my exam tomorrow. 





  

Comments

Popular Posts