Evil Avalon


Chapter 109-Always in place

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

'You want me to keep everything in Devil's Castle a secret? If you say so, of course I'll keep it a secret!"



 I am in the back seat of a long black limousine. To my left sits Tenma-san, a girl covered in metal from head to toe. It is shiny and polished again today, reflecting the morning sunlight and very dazzling.

 

 On the right side of the room, a beautiful maid with long, shiny black hair, a catsuit, and a well-fitted maid's outfit is sitting across from me. She is Kurosaki-san, the head butler who heads the "Black Butler," the family butler of the Tenma family.

 

 I would like to say that it suits her very well, but she whispered to me in a whisper, "If you touch the young lady even a little, your life will end immediately," which made me feel uncomfortable. I don't want to end my life yet, so I try my best not to touch her, but even though it's a large limousine, it's quite uncomfortable to have three people sitting in a row.

 

"But I was surprised to see you back to your previous state after looking so slim when you came back from the dungeon. Are you feeling okay?"

'I'm fine. I just ate a little too much."

"I see. I have a habit of overeating too, so I have to be careful too."



 I show her that I'm okay by patting my magnificent drum belly, which has been restored. It was a shock to Tenma-san, who is very interested in talking about dieting, and she even froze in a funny pose when she saw me.




"By the way, it's summer vacation, let's go hunting together. I think I can dive with Narumi to a pretty good depth."

"No way! I will never dive with the Beast like him!"

"Fufufu looks like Kurosaki misunderstands Narumi somehow. Well, I hope you'll think about it."



 The most common practice for adventurer school students is to make a long dungeon dive plan during the summer vacation. In Tenma's case, she had been diving with her black butlers until last year, but this summer she invites me to dive with her. Hearing this, the butler-in-chief is puffing up, declaring, "I'll never let them be alone."

 

 But it's summer vacation. I don't have any plans to do anything for now. I think I'll just go dungeon diving with my family or Satsuki and my friends as usual, so I have time, but if I dive without using the gate, I'm sure I'll be detained for more than a month, which would be a huge waste of time for the round-trip. Unless we can do something about that problem, I'm not sure I'd go with her. ......

 

(...... no.  We can go if we can get Arthur to let us use the gate?)



 I remember when Arthur first appeared. Normally, the 《Gate》 exit can only be designated outside the dungeon or in the gate room, but for some reason Arthur made a 《Gate》 exit in the center of the cathedral hall and came out. Perhaps he knows how to create a gate at an arbitrary location. If we use that, I should be able to get to the 20th floor with Tenma-san and her companion in one fell swoop.

 

 Besides, I have several reasons for wanting to dive with Tenma-san. One is that I want to break the curse, and the other is that Arthur has repeatedly told me by e-mail and phone to bring in Tenma-san. He wants to have a co-operative relationship like me and Satsuki. To do so, it is a prerequisite that we share some of the players' knowledge.



"When I went underwater a while ago, I found a place full of mamu, I could eat as much as I wanted. This year, I want to eat it with Narumi."

"Oh, milady! Think back to how hard you had to work to lose weight after that."

 

  I still vividly remember the image of Tenma-san, who was laughing happily and talking happily next to me, but who did not abandon me in the face of the  Lesser Demon, but risked her life to protect me. There is no doubt that she is a person worthy of trust, and I have no objection to handing over my player knowledge.



 However, player knowledge, including gate knowledge, is a dangerous thing that can have a tremendous impact if leaked and can put even aristocrats in a dangerous situation. We must proceed with caution when we bring them on our side. I would like to get together with Lisa and Arthur as soon as possible to discuss this.

 

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. Also, ......Tenma-san thank you for bringing me but I think I can manage by myself.'

'Eh, I hope I didn't bother you."



 Actually, there was a bit of a commotion earlier. I was getting ready to go to school when the chime rang, so I opened the door and answered it to find a dozen butlers wearing ...... sunglasses standing in the doorway, staring at me. There were five black luxury cars parked in front of the house, including this limousine, and neighbors and people on the street were gathering to see what was going on. The butlers grabbed me by the arm and forced me into the back seat, where I found Tenma-san sitting.

 

 She told me that she would pick me up every day from now on as a friend, but my house was less than a five-minute walk from the school, and I was a little uncomfortable with the idea of this kind of commotion going on every day. So, I decided to softly decline the offer.

 

'All right, But anytime you want me to come pick you up, just let me know, okay?'

"I'm glad for that feeling alone."



 To her  right, Kurosaki-san was busy shaking her fist up and down, saying things like, "I never thought anyone would refuse young lady's invitation,...... no, but now we can keep our distance from the beast,......."







"See you later!"

 

 With that, I got out of the car and watched the limousine dashing away. Behind me stood my childhood friend Kaworu, who had been watching me with a staring eye. What shall I say?

 

"It's Tenma Akira from Class A, isn't it? You seemed to be getting along pretty well."

"We hit it off at the interclass competition the other day. We became friends.'

"She's a noblewoman with a long history of ...... friends. Are you okay with that?"



 The aristocrats are the object of admiration for the common people because they are the upper class of society, but at the same time, they are also a symbol of fear, willing to wield their power and suppress the common people whenever they do not like it. Even if we could get along with each other now, there is no telling when she might change her mind, and even if she does not change her mind, the people around her will not allow such a relationship. Therefore, Kaworu warns me in a roundabout way that we, as common people, should not easily approach aristocrats.

 

 Certainly, that's what people usually think and that's probably the correct answer,......, but at the very least, I don't intend to leave until I  break the curse of Tenma-san. Nevertheless, it would be better to refrain from casually interacting with Tenma-san in front of everyone watching to avoid causing unnecessary trouble.

 

"But ...... Sota has changed. A little while ago, he was not even trying to get along with anyone,...... but rather he didn't even have a proper conversation with anyone but me."



  Kaworu recalls me from her junior high school days. Back then, I was a sulky, isolated person who didn't let anyone get to know me. Butao in the game was like that, so it's not hard to imagine.

 

 But when Kaworu talked about the old days,s he had a complicated expression on her face, both smiling and looking a little sad. I'm sure that Kaworu hated me in junior high school, but I think I caught a glimpse of something more complicated than that.

 

"Let's get going, We're already running very late."



 Kaworu started walking, and I quickly grabbed my bag and followed her. This is our usual positions.

 

 It is already the end of June, and in most years it would have been the beginning of the rainy season, but the sky is clear and cloudless. The temperature has been high since early in the morning, which is a bit hard on my fat body.

TL Note- Tomorrow is my exam wish me luck and the last para was melancholic.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts