A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 24

Chapter 2-Selection.

(TL:By Rafael)

"Hey, Keane?"(Erio)

"What's up, Erio?"(Keane)

"No, I'm just wondering about something."(Erio)





 





 In the middle of preparing weapons and other equipment in the waiting room,

 

 Erio suddenly called out to Keane. She checked her sword and said.





"You said that you would prove yourself worthy of being by Cleo's side in this match. But is that really about winning against Princess Liliana?"(Erio)

"Oh, you mean that."(Keane)





 





 The young man smiled and replied, 





"It's not all about winning."(Keane)





 





 He clenched his fists.

 

 He looked toward the door as if he were talking to someone.





"I'm just trying to prove that there's something only I can do, and that I'm worth it, right?"(Keane)





 





 No, indeed, he told the person behind the door.





"Princess?"(Keane)





 





 After a few seconds of pause, the door slowly opened.

 

 Standing there was...





"Surprisingly, you are very perceptive, aren't you? The descendant of the elven hero?"(Lilliana)




 





 It was a girl with peach-colored hair - Princess Liliana.

 

 She crossed her arms and gave a small smile.





 





 Then she opened her mouth.









"I wanted to talk to you once. I would like to discuss about this duel with you."(Alan)

"Yes, ....... Yes, Commander Alan.(Cleo)

"Ha-ha-ha! Don't be so hard. You can call me by my name!"(Alan)

"Well, thank you."(Cleo)





 





 Seeing me a little nervous, Mr. Alan laughed boldly.

 

  He asked me to take a seat at the table prepared for me, and I sat down there. He sat down in his own seat, too, and then he reintroduced himself.





"But, since you are  the one whom Aruna recognized, I wondered what kind of a stalwart you would be. But it turns out you are  a surprisingly adorable boy."(Alan)

"Hahaha I don't know if I am adorable or not."(Cleo)





 





 He was probably joking in his own way.

 

 





"I can tell by your appearance. You are a very good man, But I can also sense that you underestimate your own strength a little bit."(Alan)





 





 --What, you don't have to worry about that?



 



 He then looked down at the stage.

 

 He suddenly became quiet and, after a pause, began to speak.





"This duel,  the future of our country, may depend on it."(Alan)




"Eh?"(Cleo)


 





 I titled my head.





"The collective talent in this country. I'm sure you've heard from the princess how powerful it is."(Alan)

".................."(Cleo)

When I was silent, Mr. Alan only looked at me.

 

 He seemed to take the silence as an affirmation, and after taking a breath, he continued in a small voice.





"Honestly speaking, those who can't follow this battle will only be a hindrance. Even if they are there, they will only be a drag, and the princess is probably going to find that out. And above all--"(Alan)





 





 And finally, he told me.





"She will see if you are worthy of being her new master."(Alan)


TL Note- Me who is little weak in relationships can't  understand Cleo's relationships if anyone can please tell me in the comments.


Comments

  1. Honestly at this point I'm waiting for the author to clear up things. Relationship wise all I see is: Cleo is dumb, Marin likes Cleo, Maki likes Cleo(?), Liliana.... likes Cleo (?), Aruna likes... everyone that's strong?, Erio I gave up, Keane admires Cleo, Lina is living her life, Lina(the weird witch one) likes Aruna. Is that it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts