I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!




Volume 1-: Children of the Commoners




Chapter 35-: Letter from the Duke's House





(TL By GUST)




The day I got home, I was tired and fell asleep soon, so I haven't read the letter yet.





 The next afternoon, I was a little scared of what was written, but decided to open the letter.






 The letter begins with the greeting of the time in Japan and is lined with fairly decorated words.





 The contents were roughly divided into two. One is to go to the Duchy territory at the end of autumn, so I asked if I would go with him. The other is to come to the Duke's house in the near future.






 Why am I going to the Duchy together? Where is the Duchy in the first place? I have never seen a map of this country, let alone a map of this world, so I do not know the positional relationship at all.





 But the invitation from the Duke's family is almost an order. I can't refuse. I'm getting a lot better. And I wanted to go outside the royal capital!





 I've only been to three places in this world, the centre of the royal capital, the outskirts of the west, and the agricultural district. This is fun!






 What does it mean to come to the Duke's house in the near future? I wonder if it has something to do with going to the Duchy. Well, do you know if you go this too?





 I think it's better to be early, so let's go tomorrow.



 I went to the kitchen and asked my mother.





"Mom, is it okay to go to the Duke's house tomorrow? The letter said I want you to come as soon as possible."





"Yes, we're okay, so go. Don't be rude."





"Yes!"





 When my mother and I are talking about that, my father is doing something that makes me a little worried.





"What happened to your father? Are you worried about anything?"





 When I heard that, Dad replied, slowly shaking his head.





"No. I'm not worried ... Leon will continue to leave home, and will he leave home when he goes to school? Then I thought it would be better to hire an employee. That's it. "





"That's true. Marie would be hard alone, and maybe we could hire one."





"I'm sorry ..."





 An ordinary child would have helped his parents work and succeeded as it was, so he shouldn't have had such a problem ...





 When I thought so and was a little depressed, my mom and dad seemed to be in a hurry.





"No, Leon! You're not bad or anything like that. Before, I used to run a shop with only my father and mother. But recently, the number of customers has increased and I'm hiring employees. Is natural. "





"Yes. Thank you for helping me so far."





 That makes my heart lighter ... But let's work hard until a new employee becomes a full-fledged person!





 Or rather, how do you recruit employees? Many people will not be able to read it even if they put up a poster ...





"I'll do my best until the new employees are full-fledged! So how do you recruit employees?"





"I'll send the recruitment of workers to the church. If you go to the church and tell them the employment conditions and salary, they will put it up on the bulletin board of the church. If you are looking for a job, go there and work If you can't read the letters, the church people will read the contents aloud, which is very convenient. "






 Was there such a mechanism? Or rather, the church is insanely versatile. It's like a city hall with an orphanage and a hospital.






"It's convenient. I hope good people come!"





"Well, it would be great if a hard-working child came."






"My dad is going to recruit me next time. Leon doesn't care about my job and can do what he wants to do."





"Yeah! Thank you, dad and mom"






 Too good parents ………… Absolutely filial piety! !!





 And the next morning.





 I'm in a horse-drawn carriage and heading for the Duke of Townsend. I wore the clothes I got the other day. If you go to the Duchy, you might want to buy a little more clothes.






 After being shaken by a carriage for a while, I arrived at the square that entered the city centre. It's a walk from here. I remembered the way when I went there the other day, but I have to do my best to walk because it is quite far.







 I hope there is a means of transportation other than walking. For example, transfer magic or flight magic. There is no such convenient magic in this world.





 Also, a classic item box in the fantasy world! I want that too. It would be insanely convenient.






 As I walked with that in mind, I arrived at the gate of the Duke of Townsend.






"I'm sorry, I got a letter from Richard, and this is the letter."





"Please wait for a while to confirm."





 The gatekeeper then went into a place like a gatekeeper's station with a letter. He waited for a while and came back.






"I've confirmed it, so please come in. I'm calling for a pick-up, so please wait a little longer."




"Yes, thank you"






 After being prompted by the gatekeeper to enter the site and waiting for a while, Anne came to pick me up. Next to Anne, there is a man who looks like a late teenager. I'm wearing the clothes of a servant of the mansion, so maybe I'm a newcomer?






"Thank you for coming all the way, Mr Leon. This is Roger, a servant. When Leon is in this mansion, Roger will take care of your surroundings."





"I'm Roger. Thank you."





"Yes. Thank you for your cooperation."






 Roger greeted me with no expression and no smile. It feels bad, do you hate taking care of me as a commoner?





When I was staring at Roger with a subtle expression while thinking about that, Anne told me with a bit of a bitter smile.






"Roger is very good at work, but I'm sorry I'm too serious and unfriendly. Everyone is in this condition, so I don't hate working under Leon."





"Is that so……"






 Anyway, I'd like someone who is friendly and can get along well! I should have heard the story now, but my facial expression hasn't changed at all. It looks difficult ... Don't worry about the future.





"Then, I'm sorry for this. Thank you, Roger and Leon."




"I'm clever. Leon, I'll show you to your room."





 Anne left me to Roger and went elsewhere. It's tough to be alone with Roger, Anne is back!





 Roger said that he would guide me, and he walked lightly without speaking a word. Do you feel like getting along with each other? ??





 After spending an awkward time, I was guided to the room I had used before.





"Leon. I think Richard will talk to you today after dinner. You are free to do so until then. However, you will only have to take a bath and change your meal before dinner. So please do that. "




"OK. What should I do for lunch?"





"Lunch will be served in this room. Also, I'm a servant of this mansion and Leon is a guest, so I don't need honorifics. Please call me Roger without honorifics."





"But Roger is older and I'm a commoner."





"No, it doesn't matter. Please don't give me honorifics or titles."





 Hmm ... It's seen with eyes that don't say yes or no. Even though I was expressionless until a while ago.





 I'm not used to throwing away older people. But it may be necessary from now on, and it may be good to get used to it here.





"OK, then I'll call you Roger."




"Yes. Thank you for your cooperation."





"Thank you very much. So I'm about to go to the bank, is that okay?"




"I'm clever. Then, I'll arrange a carriage after lunch."





"Thank you"





 Then I had Roger serve me, had a little awkward lunch, had a little break, and then boarded the carriage towards the bank. Roger seems to follow me.





 At the bank, the money in my wallet was running low, so I dropped ten silver coins so that I could use it again. With this, the account balance is about 24 platinum coins, 3 gold coins, and 24.3 million yen in Japanese yen.





 Ten silver coins and eight bronze coins cost 188,000 yen in a wallet.





 This will keep it for a while. I have a lot of money, but I don't know what it will cost, so I want to save as much as possible.





 After going to the bank, I didn't have any particular use, so I returned to the mansion again. I have to prepare for dinner.




Comments

Popular Posts