A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 18

Chapter 3-Aruna's defeat, Cleo's magic sword.

(TL:By Rafael)




Krim's attack was irregular.

 

 It was a slash of magical power from an unexpected direction.

 

 As the best formation at the moment, I was in the rear guard, covering Aruna. But even with his swordsmanship, he could not completely catch Krim.





"Damn, ......!You're like a snake, undulating ......!"(Aruna)





 





 Aruna says as he heals his wounds with my healing magic and measures the distance between him and his opponent..

 

 It was exactly as he said. Krim's magic slash was like a snake trying to cut the boy knight's neck. A single blow would be fatal.

 

 She was cornering Aruna with a sharpness that was obvious.





"For a human, you're pretty good. Interesting ......!"(Krim)





 





 But what is truly frightening is that Krim is holding back.

 

 She said this every now and then and added a slow and steady pace to her attacks. I've been using my defensive magic to keep my head above water, but if I'm not careful, my childhood friend's head will be chopped off.

 

 The battle against the demon race.

 

 It was a different kind of battle than the ones we had seen before.





"It was interesting, but I think it's time to get serious."(Krim)

"What ......?"(Cleo)





 





 In the middle of it.

 

 It was during this time that Krim suddenly stopped moving.





"You are one useless swordsman in the vanguard. If it were not for the support of the rear guard, my magic would have taken your life long ago. ......"(Krim)





 





 She stared at me.

 

 She paid no attention to Aruna, the  boy who was renowned as the best swordsman in the world.

 

 I didn't really understand what she meant, because I thought that this lineup was the best we could muster up.

 

 But then, as if to point out that I was wrong.





"Get out of the way, you little fish. ......!"(Krim)

"What the hell  ......?"(Aruna)

"Aruna!"(Cleo)





 





 It only took a moment.

 

 Krim's attack caught Aruna in the torso.

 

 The boy knight cowered with a look of confusion on his face, as if he didn't know what had happened.




"Are you okay, Aruna?"(Cleo)

"Sorry, Cleo. I got a little carried away."(Aruna)





 





 I ran over to him and checked his wounds.

 

 Fortunately, it was not too deep.

 

 But there was a lot of blood. If he forced himself to move, it will probably open up.





"Do you understand now? The useless swordsman there."(Krim)

"............ heh."(Aruna)





 





 Aruna responded to Klim's condescending gaze with a dry laugh.

 

 But soon after, he looked at me and said, 

"I'm sorry-."(Aruna)





"--Cleo, maybe you're the only one who can win this."(Aruna)





 





 And then he pushed me back.





"Aruna, ......?"(Cleo)

"You may not admit it, but I think Cleo is the best in the world."(Aruna)





 





 So, he said .

 

 I turned around and there was the usual mean smile on his face.

 

 I made up my mind to accept it. It was impossible for me to deny it when my childhood friend and swordsmanship target said this to me.





"Okay. I'll take care of you as soon as I beat this guy."(Cleo)

"Yeah, make that sooner okay ......?"(Aruna)





 





 With that, Aruna leaned his back against the wall.

 

 I turned to Krim.







"Thank you and  sorry for making you  wait."(Cleo)

"Oh, you're so polite."(Krim)


I apologized and then raised my sword.

 

 In a straight fight, my sword skills are not even close to Aruna's.

 

 If that's the case, how can I get out of this predicament?

"I knew at the end, it will come to this ......!"(Cleo)


Flames billowed from the sword in my hand.


The magic sword was one of the ways I could surpass Aruna, as I had mastered both swordsmanship and magic.


TL Note- Finally he used the benefit for having many strengths....combo attacks and what is the bromance going between Aruna and Cleo.


Comments

  1. If he finally understands that he's not THE best in any single category but the best overall, then I'll forever be grateful to Aruna but especially to Krim even tho she's a demon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts