A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 18

Chapter 2-An encounter in the basement study.

(TL:By Rafael)



As I walked through the underground passage, I found a large study.

 

 All of the books were almost ruined by the humidity, but I could still read some of the documents. However, the writing was all in ancient elven script.

 

 It was not impossible to read, but I wondered how long it would take me to decipher them.





"Did you find anything on your side?"(Cleo)

"No, it's all very similar. ......"(Aruna)

"I see. ......"(Cleo)



 



 I picked up the books at random.

 

 Just looking at the titles, all of them are related to magic. In addition, I noticed that all of them were things that were forbidden.

 

 The summoning of demons in exchange for human life.

 

 Furthermore, the use of demons by offering their organs.



 



 These were things that humans should not be messing with.





"The ancient elven script was destroyed a thousand years ago. If you think about it, does that mean that the documents here are from that time? ......?"(Cleo)


 



 I said to myself as I analyzed it.

 

 Then Aruna seemed to have found something and beckoned me over.



"Hey, Cleo, this is a diary, right?"(Aruna)

"Diary ......?It's very old for that."(Cleo)





 





 It was when I picked up the book that he asked me to look at it.







"Oh? To  think the grave has been ransacked, There are some cute intruders too."(??)

"Who's ......!?"(Cleo)







 







 I heard a woman's voice from the entrance.

 

 Both I and Aruna readied our swords and caught our breath. Then...



"Oh, don't be so alarmed. As long as I'm not under orders from the Lord, I'll stay out of your way."(??)

"You are ......?"(Cle)



 



 What appeared was a woman in bewitching clothes.

 

 She was holding a lantern in her hand, and her illuminated face - her eyes were red and her lips were painted with purple red - had a fearless smile on it.
 
(TL: Imagine in your head)

 The atmosphere she radiated was not that of a normal person.

 

 That alone gave me a bad premonition in my head.



"I'm sorry for the delay in my introduction. My name is Krim Lexadina. Please feel free to call me Krim."(Krim)



 



 The woman, Krim, said her name with a reverent bow.

 

 Normally, one could let his guard down at this point. But the intimidation she radiated was enough to drown out such optimism.

 

 Aruna seemed to agree, and with his sword at the ready, he asked, 





"What are you, ......?"(Aruna)





 





 Then Krim looked at us with a twisted corner of her mouth and said.



"I think you already know who I am, don't you?"(Krim)

"............"(Cleo&Aruna)





 





 To which we respond with a single breath.

 

 This vast amount of magic and intimidation. I've only read about it in the literature, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. The true identity of this woman.





"Demon tribe, right?"(Cleo)





 





 Yes, that's what I read in the books here.

 

 The way to make a contract with the demon tribe. And there was a part of the diary that I could read.

 

 It was written in there.





"The Ledin family succeeded in making a contract with the demon race."(Cleo)





 





 When I said that, the corners of her mouth lifted up again.

 

 And then, with a chuckle, she said.











"Good answer: ......!Now let's have a little fun!"(Krim)

TL Note- Well the fun have to wait for the next Chapter , If you are still reading this novel comment below will be good for the  attendance count.


Comments

  1. It looks like this novels demons are going in the direction of being classic evil demons. I was wondering what kind of demon would be in this novel since a lot of other Japanese webnovels tend to make demons not evil just misunderstood. But i think i see it going in the direction of the more classic evil kind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts