After leaving the A rank party, I aim for the deep part of the labyrinth with my former students



Volume 1

Chapter 51-Resignation and Shallow Hope (Jamie's POV)

(TL:By Rafael)

I'm relieved to see Yuk and the others disappearing.


"Gua ... ah ... bu no, no, no ... no ... no, no ... oh!"(Simon)



 



 In front of my eyes, Simon is being eaten alive by the Orcs.

 

 Barry can only be seen ...... from the wrist down. I think it's his leftovers.

 

 Camilla has already been taken away. It seems that the labyrinth orcs also kidnap women.
 

 I'm sitting still, using an illegal magic artifact that was given to me for a surprise attack, but I don't know how long it will last, or if I'll be killed the next moment.



 



 Still, well, ...... my role, my revenge and redemption is now fulfilled.



 



 It seems that Yuki and the girls have successfully escaped from this danger that started with Simon's farce.

 

 In Yuk'is luggage, there is a magic stone for recording that contains a lot of footage of Thunderpike that I recorded.

 

 I'm sure he'll find it soon, he's such a thoughtful guy.

 

  and it will reveal everything we've done.



 



 The only regret I have is that I couldn't apologize in person.



 



  There were plenty of opportunities but I couldn't muster my courage 

 

 But thanks to the fact that I stayed on the Thunderpike, I was able to save Yuk and Clover this time, so I guess it's all good.



 



 Because I was there during the ambush, they didn't get hurt, and I was able to trick Simon into thinking I was an idiot.

 

 If I hadn't suggested that they should be put to sleep if they were to be used as a future  measure  to force Yuki , things would probably have gone horribly wrong by now.



 



 You should be grateful, Yuk.

 

 .......

 

 Actually, it's me who should be thanking you. I also wanted to apologize properly.



 



 I didn't understand until after you were gone.

 

 I know that you've been protecting the rear guard, I know about the progress of the labyrinth, and I  also know about my brother's medicine.

 

 I was really surprised. The cough medicine that Yuke had prepared for my brother after hearing me complain was so expensive.

 

 He always gave it to me without thinking, so I thought it was cheaper than that.



 



 I didn't even pay him once, and instead of saying , "Thanks" I really hate myself for saying, "Hurry up." Instead. 

 

 It was my own family  business and I was throwing it to Yuk. ...... I am really  the worst.


 



 The worst part is the party atmosphere.

 

 When Yuk disappeared, they started to hit me.

 

 At that time, I think I finally understood how he felt.



 



 It's a real stain on my life to have him endure that for five years, and to have been a part of it.

 

 I'm probably going to end up dead like this. This life. I can only laugh.



 



 Oh, I've failed.

 

 I really screwed up.



 



 I should have apologized right away.

 

 I'm sure Yuk is a sweet guy, so if I apologized as much as I could, he might have forgiven me.

 

 And maybe he would have invited me to Clover too.



 



 ...... Is my thinking really too convenient?



 



 But I was jealous.

 

 Yuki and the girls from "Clover".

 

 They looked so happy, so dependent on each other, they were like a family.



 



 If I had been one of them, ...... I'm sure I wouldn't have  to force myself to smile.

 

 There could have been a future where I could have been honest, where I could have had fun with friends who could be honest.
 

 Why did things turn out this way?



 



 Now, I can't remember why I was treating Yuki like that.

 

 If I had to guess, I would say that I thought I would have ended up liking him if I hadn't behaved like that.

 

 It's a ...... excuse. And it doesn't change the fact that I did it.



 



In my line of vision, Simon was finally finished.

 

 It had been devoured in a lively state earlier, but now that it was no longer making any sound, it didn't even have the shape of a person.



"Fugo, fugo!"(Orcs)



 



 Orc and the others were looking around.

 

 I'm not sure if they're looking for me or the missing Yuki and his party.

 

 I'm not sure how much of a cognitive distraction the nosy Orcs are capable of, but there's nothing I can do about it anyway.



 



 If they find me, it's over.



"......"(Jamie)

"Fugogo."(Orcs)



 



 I stayed still and silent.

 

 The fact that I can stay calm without heart palpitations may be due to the sense of accomplishment that comes with completing a task.

 

 The realization that even if I end up here, I've done my job brings a sense of resigned calm to me.


 



 After a while, the orcs left the scene.

 

 All that was left was me alive, Simon with his unedible parts still intact, and Barry with only his wrist.



 



 I think it's a fitting end to the stupid Thunderpike.

 

 I think I survived because I did something good at the end  .......

 

 There are no more stairs to go up, and I'm going to die in the street.



 



 Anyway, let's go to the downstairs area.

 

 Fortunately, I have some food in my magic bag, and some magical artifacts to help me get through here. Lots of them, including illegal ones.

 

 And since I am not in a group with Simon and the others, I should be able to get around a bit better.



 



 If I can make it to the stairway area, I can even wait for help there.

 

 I can still use the delivery magic artifacts that you secretly put in my ears, so let's go as far as I can.



"...... Oh, I have to take this too."(Jamie)



 



 I also picked up the bloody magic bag hanging from the waist of Simon's corpse.

 

 This is where they would have stored the items they collected from Yuk and the others, calling them "spoils of war".

 

 I know I'm a bit shallow, but I hope it will give me a chance to apologize.



 



 If my life not over yet, I would like to see my ...... brother.

 

 And this time, I want to be honest and start over.

 

 It's a good thing that I survived, because I still have a way to go.



 



 That's what I thought, and I left the place quietly.

TL Note- For Jamie I won't talk much and you guys can be the judge but we will surely see more of her later in the story and my chapters will also come 6-7 hours later than the usual timings as I now have offline classes 


Comments

  1. Well, what do you know? Someone actually developed a conscience in Thunderpike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a bit of a let down to be honest! Eaten by Orcs is too good for Simon. Too quick.
    Y'know? ;3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hope for Jamie's redemption, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the treat. 🖖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts