After leaving the A rank party, I aim for the deep part of the labyrinth with my former students



Volume 1

Chapter 52-Awakening and Regrets

(TL:By Rafael)


"........."(Yuki)



 



 I open my eyes to the glare of the sunlight streaming in through the window.

 

 The ceiling is familiar to me these days, and the bed is finally starting to fit nicely.

 

 This is my room at the base.



"Good morning, Yuki-san"(Silk)



 



 Noticing my presence, Silk, who seems to have been nursing me, peers at me.

 

 I was relieved to see her kind eyes.



"Good morning, Silk."(Yuki)

"You're looking better."(Silk)

"What........happened?"(Yuki)

"You fainted due to magic depletion after jumping into the Great Void. You recklessly overdid it. It was quite a close call at one point, you know."(Silk)



 



 Both the Scroll of Sanctuary and the Scroll of Retreat are special magical artifacts that cannot be used by ordinary people.

 

If I used it all at once in such a fatigued state, I would probably collapse.



 



 Still, it was a good decision since Silk and everyone else were safe.



"How long has it been?"(Yuki)

"Two full days. I've submitted the logs of the delivery and the journey. But what happened after we entered the stairway area is ....... The next thing we know, We are surrounded by orcs, and the next  moment we are in a huge cavern."(Silk)



 



 The four of them were either put to sleep or knocked out by magic.

 

 They don't know what happened.



What do you remember?

"After Yuk fell asleep a little while later, ...... Nene noticed a presence. Someone alerted us that we were at the top of the stairs. ...... I don't remember anything from there."(Silk)



She must have used the "Sneaking Move" or the "Invisible Disguise" spell, or some other magical artifact with a similar effect.

 

 The illegal magic tool artifacts
 [Slave Collar] provided by the sponsors in question are not necessarily the only ones., and seeing as how Simon and his team were able to catch up with us so comfortably, it's highly likely that they were using plenty of such items.



"Good morning. I'm here to take your place! How's Yuk?"(Marina)



 



 As I was lying on the bed, thinking, Marina came into the room without knocking.

 

 I wondered if she could be a little more ladylike.



"Oh, you're awake!"(Marina)

"Is Marina okay?"(Yuki)

"Yes. Everyone's fine! I'll go get Rain and Nene."(Marina)



 



 She left the door open as she came in, and Marina's footsteps drifted away.

 

 I'm sure they'll be fine.

 

 The gray field doesn't seem to be affecting her that much. Except for me.



"I've got to go report to Benwood, ....... It was the Thunderpikes who attacked us."(Yuki)

"...... I know, right? That's what I thought. I saw their faces just before we escaped."(Silk)

"But they're probably dead. I don't think they could survive that."(Yuki)



 



 I couldn't get Simon's voice out of my head.

 

 He was my childhood friend, and we used to be friends. I left them to die.

 

 I threw away the option of helping him from the start and ran back to the city with just me and my friends.



 



 It was the right decision.

 

 I had a grudge against them, and they were  lowlives I didn't need to help.

 

 Still, a little bit of regret is stuck in my head along with the reverberations of my despair.



"Um, what kind of person was the witch?"(Silk)

"The witch?"(Yuki)

(TL: It's  complicated)

" Yes, she was the only one who seemed to be a little different from the others."(Silk)



 



 Indeed, Jamie was a little strange.

 

 It was so strange that I still don't know what's going on.

 

 I was not in a position to talk to her calmly, and there was no way to confirm it now.



"Finally, she helped me. When I woke up. She unlocked the magic tool artifact of the [restraining rope] and turned away from Orc with some magic."(Yuki)



 



 Jamie...... now, I wonder what she was thinking.

 

 No, but.

 

 I think I need to cool down a bit and change my feelings and assessment of Jamie.

 

 At the very least, she's saved us Clovers from a disaster twice, maybe three times.



 



 [Falling Control].

 

  She broke Break the spell, shielded us from the  Orcs.



 



 And here's a guess: ...... sleep magic to avoid engagement.



 



 If it was the Thunderpike I knew, the surprise attack would have been more aggressive.

 

 I'm not sure that the flamboyant Simon or the belligerent Barry would suggest using sleep magic to incapacitate and restrain them.

 

 Maybe Jamie was trying to help us.



 



 At least, she definitely saved us twice.



"......"(Yuki)



 (TL: Guilt enters)



 As soon as it hit me, I started to feel cold and nauseous, and I couldn't stop sweating.

 

 I feel like I'm going to throw up at my blunder, my failure, my mistake.



"Yuki-san?"(Silk)

"I screwed up. ...... I screwed up!(Yuki)

"Please ,Calm down, What's going on?"(Silk)



 



 If only I had realized that at the time.

 

 If only I could analyze the situation more calmly.
 

 If only I had been a little more aware of the fact that Jamie was one of us. ......!



 



 I killed her.

 

 I left Jamie, the man who saved Clover's life, to die because of their past feuds and assumptions.

 

 I left her in that labyrinth of danger.


"......!Yuk, what's wrong?"(Rain)



 



 Rain ran up to me and grabbed my hand.



"I, I'm ......"(Yuki)

"It's okay, it's okay. Take a deep breath.Everyone is here."(Rain)



 



 I looked up to see Marina, Nene, and Silk all looking at me with concern.

 

 Oh, no. I can't be distracted by something like this.

 

 I don't look like a leader.



"I'm sorry, I just lost it over a mistake I made."(Yuki)

"You mean Jamie?"(Rain)

"How do you know that?"(Yuki)

(TL:I'm Bond....James Bond)

 



 At my question, Rain pulled something out of her magic bag.



"It was screwed into Yuk's belt holder."(Rain)

"In my belt holder?"(Yuki)

"Yes. It was very dirty, so I found it when I was cleaning it."(Rain)



 



 She handed me a magic stone  used to record the delivery and a folded letter.

 

The letter was written in Jamie's characteristic habitual handwriting: "To Yuk. From Jamie.


"I haven't even checked the contents of the delivery yet. It said that  it is  for Yuki."(Silk)

'...... here, I'll open it now. Sorry, but can you guys stay?"(Yuki)



 



 All of them nodded their heads in response to my feeble voice.

TL Note- I was sick , now I am feeling a   little better so I translated the chapter ,
guess college took a toll on my body ..............


Comments

  1. I hope you get better soon, take care please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks for the chapter, best wishes on your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter. Hope you get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if she "saved" him, she cod have stopped all that nonsense before it even started. A simple report to the guild, done. Dunno why he's torn up about leaving her to die, she deserved it. I hope she's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the treat. 😄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts