I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 15-: Sightseeing in the City Centre
(TL By GUST)





I left the bank and walked with Marcel while looking at the shops in the city centre.


"First of all, do you want to have lunch? What do you want to eat Leon?"


"Hmm, what kind of store do you have?"


"Well, there are prestigious restaurants, fashionable cafes, and cafeterias for the commoners."


"There is also a dining room for commoners here."


"That's right. Most of the employees in these shops are commoners, and many of them work in aristocratic mansions. But it's more expensive than Leon's house."


 After all, are prices higher in the city centre? Or rather, if you have these three choices, I have only one choice.


"In a dining room for commoners"

"Okay, it's a fashionable cafe."

"Mr Marcel! I didn't say that!"

"It's okay because I want to go. I really liked the restaurant, but it's because there is a dress code in the stone. I can't put it in Leon's dress. But maybe I'll go after buying clothes?"


 After buying clothes! ?? As expected, that wouldn't work!


"At the cafe! I want to go to the cafe!"

"Okay, then I'm going to a cafe."


 I feel like I was fitted ...

 Well, I'd like to go to a cafe, so I'm grateful to you.


 After walking for a while, I arrived at the target cafe.

 It looks like a normal beautiful house, but there is a fashionable signboard on the outside.

 Inside, you'll find a stylish table and chairs that are painted white and have intricately carved edges, unlike desks that are bare wood and undecorated, as in a commoner's house. rice field.


"Welcome. Are you sure you want to go to that desk?"

"Is Leon good?"

"Yes! That's okay."


 I didn't think I was suddenly shaken, so I was impatient.

 When I entered the store, a young woman guided me to my seat.


 I think all the people who work are commoners, but when I come in contact with aristocrats, I think they can teach me how to use words and how to stand.

 I use honorifics normally, and I'm different from the people around me.


"Then this is the menu, so please let us know when you have decided on your order."


 With that said, the clerk went down.


"Leon, which one is better?"

"Wait a minute"


 Marcel had already seen the menu, so I hurriedly dropped my eyes on the menu.

 As it was called a cafe, the menu was lined with fashionable names. There are many things I know, such as French toast, sandwiches and jam toast, but there are some dishes I haven't heard of.


  This is a guess, but if my translation function has something similar to Japan, it is translated into a Japanese name, and if it is not in Japan, it is converted into katakana with the pronunciation of this name as it is. think.

 And the words I spoke are probably translated into the words of this world. It's very convenient, but it's a mysterious ability ...


 Well, is it okay because it's convenient? It's lunch now!

 Which one is better ………… Okay, let's have a sandwich and French toast.


"Mr Marcel, I like sandwiches and French toast."

"What about drinks?"


 Well, drinks are also on the menu. The commoner's cafeteria is fruit water everywhere, so don't choose a drink for the first time in this world.

 Um ... it looks like there are black tea, green tea and fruit juice. Is there green tea too? ?? 

 After all, this world is Japanese. I wonder why ...

 But since black tea and green tea can be made from the same tea leaves, is it normal to have both?


"Please give me tea"

"OK, I'll ask."


 Marcel called a clerk to place an order. Marcel seems to ask for jam toast and tea.


 I thought that the food culture of this world was not developing, but in reality, it may be developing in and around the aristocrats.

 I wonder if it has just begun to develop recently and has not penetrated into the commoners.


"Mr Marcel, is the aristocratic diet much more developed than the commoner's?"

"That's right. It's going to develop rapidly since the end of the war a dozen years ago. Until then, aristocrats had eaten a lot of meaty parts, but nowadays it's a cooking method. Will develop in various ways. Besides, sugar will be able to be imported and the sweetness will increase. "


 Was there a war! ?? I'm really glad that the war is over.

 Will the commoner's dining table be enriched from now on?


"Then, the commoner's diet will be enriched soon, right?"

"Well, that's going to happen, but it's decades away. It may spread relatively quickly to the rich, but the poor have little to do with the city centre."


 Is that so ... Is it an aristocrat again ... I want to be an aristocrat already! I envy you too much! For that purpose, it's a royal school for the time being!


 As I renewed my determination to enrol in the Royal School, food was brought in.


"Sorry to keep you waiting"


 First, drinks are brought in, and then meals.

 Both French toast and sandwiches look very good. I suddenly screamed in my stomach.

 Is embarrassing ... let's eat soon.

"Then I'll eat it."

"I'll enjoy having this!"


 I decided to eat from the sandwich. There are knives and forks, so I think it's better to eat with this.

 It is the first silver tableware in another world. After all, aristocrats have decided on food etiquette.

 A quick glance at Marcel seems to be not much different from how to use Japanese silver tableware, so I decided to eat it normally.


 I was surprised when I fixed the sandwich with a fork and put a knife in it. This bread is not hard!

 The bread eaten by the poor commoners is like a ticking French bread, but it's close to bread ... Bread is also developing.


 I decided to try a bite first.

 Paku ………… Delicious! !! Insanely delicious! !! 

 Lettuce and chicken are covered with something like herb tomato sauce. It's a sandwich with a high level even if you eat it in Japan.

 I ate up in no time.


 Next is French toast. This one looks like French bread, but it's very soft.

 Paku ………… It ’s too delicious! !! sweet! !!

 This is definitely sugar used ... not much different from Japanese French toast. On the contrary, I wanted to eat sweets, so it feels more delicious!

 It's delicious enough to make you cry. After all, meal is important.


 Finally drink tea. It was more fruity than the black tea I drank in Japan. It might be better than Japan ...


 I'm really happy, I want to come again. While thinking about that, I took a breather with a big smile, and Marcel talked to me.


"Is it delicious?"


 I finally realized there that I was absorbed in eating and ate silently.


"I'm sorry. I'm crazy about eating ..."

"It's okay, isn't it good to eat it deliciously?"


 Marcel told me to ridicule a little.

 It's embarrassing ... Let's be careful next time.


"Um ... it was really good. It's a treat."


 I was embarrassed and my voice became quieter.

 Marcel said to me after laughing a little.


"I'm glad that was the case. Then I'll go shopping next time."


 With that said, Marcel stood up and paid for me, so I left the store afterwards.


"Then, next is a leather goods store. It would be nice to have something that can put a little money in addition to the bank card."


 Leather products are absolutely expensive ... but no matter what you say, it won't change, so thank you for buying them.


"thank you"




 After walking for a while, I arrived in front of a fairly large store. It seems that this is the head office of a company that mainly handles leather products for aristocrats and wealthy people.


"Welcome. What are you looking for today?"

"I want a bank card and a little money to put in, and I want something that hangs from my neck."

"I'm clever. Then I recommend this product."


 The product that the clerk showed me was like a pass case that you can hang around your neck in Japan.


"Leon, which one is better?"


 No matter which one is said to be good, it doesn't seem to make much difference. Speaking of force, it's about whether the colour is dark or light ...


"Well, I think it's better to have a darker colour."

"This is it, then this product is recommended because it uses durable leather."


 I'm grateful that the clerk gave me a recommendation among the dark ones.


"Then please."

"I'm clever. I have five silver coins, are you sure?"

"It's okay"

"Please pay here."


 Five silver coins! ?? It's 50,000 yen, isn't it so expensive! But Marcel is already paying ...

 Don't accumulate grace to Marcel. I have to give back someday ...


 I brought what Marcel bought. The accounting seems to be over.


"Leon, put in your bank card. Wouldn't it be a problem if you lost it?"

"Yes, thank you very much."

"It's okay, don't worry. I didn't have anyone to spend my money on, so I'll take it away."


 Marcel laughed and said so. I really appreciate it. I will definitely give back.


 With that in mind, I put my bank card in the wallet I had bought. When I actually took it in my hand, it was much larger than the pass case, and it was already a wallet that I could hang around my neck, so I decided to call it a wallet.


 You can always wear it under your clothes, so wear it all the time when you're sleeping. That is the best for crime prevention.


Besides, if you have a good wallet like this, it's like saying that you have money, so let's not put it out of clothes except in the city centre.


"Did you enter properly?"


"Yes! Perfect. Thank you."


"It's okay. I'm planning to let Leon make money from now on."


"Yes! I'll do my best to think about magic tools!"


"Well, you don't have to rush. Then, it's about time to go home."


"That's right. It will take time, so let's go home soon."



 With that said, I started walking toward the square where I first got off the horse-drawn carriage.







TL Note-: Thank you for reading. We will accept your impressions and typographical errors at any time.




Comments

Popular Posts