A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 10

Chapter 1-The boy's departure.

(TL:By Rafael)

(TL: A tribute to Chris, Write what you feel about Chris as character in the comments)

(Chris PoV)

A boy fell in love with a girl.

 

 But the love was never going to come true.

 

 First of all, her and the boy's statuses were far apart. And secondly, there was already another boy in the heart of  the girl. So the boy - Chris decided.



"I will do what I can. Let me be her bridge to the future.".(Chris)



 



 Even if it means risking his life.

 

 He wanted to free her from the cursed world and lead her to a bright future.



"I'm counting on you, the bearer  ......."(Chris)



 



 What comes to mind is the back of the boy she cares for.

 

 He will be fine. Like this time, with his straightforward heart and eyes, he would surely guide his beloved girl. Chris was sure of it.



 



 Because he could feel the radiance in Marin, the girl who talked about him.



 



 It was a little frustrating that he wasn't the one to give it to her.

 

 But more than that, he was happy to see Marin's smile more than anything else. If he could show her the way to protect her smile, the boy would be more than happy.



"Chris! Let me use the healing magic--"(Cleo)

"Kukuku ..What are you doing with such a face when you're about to guide the young lady?"(Chris)

"Even if you say so, this is ......!"(Cleo)



 



 My vision is hazy.

 

 The one supporting Chris's body and looking into his face was the bearer of the future. Only now, his young face was distorted with sadness. He wondered if it was okay for this to happen.

 

 He would surely try to save Chris's life until the very end.

 

 He was such a straightforward person, so Chris could believe him.



 



 The young lady, Marin, is going to be okay.



Don't worry. It's okay. No one has to suffer anymore. ......"(Chris)

"You're suffering! It's Chris!"(Cleo)

"Kuku...Chris is suffering! I'm ......?"(Chris)

"Oh, yes, you are."(Cleo)



 



 Cleo, the desperate boy, said.

 

 It was an unexpected word for Chris.

 

 Yes, those words were....





"Because Chris is crying!"(Cleo)


(TL: damn you onion ninja)





 





 Chris was shocked.

 

 And at the same time, he understood.



"Ha, ha, ha. ...... I see, I see. No wonder my vision is hazy ......."(Chris)



 



 --Oh, so this is grief, he thought.

 

 It was only when he was on the verge of losing his life that he realized the feeling.

 

 So far, he had spent his time trying to find a way to save Marin. Now that it was over, his time as a human being, Chris, had finally begun.

 

 It was too short.

 

 A short life, until he died from an irreversible curse that consumed his body.



"Ah,  ha......!"(Chris)



 



 He understood. He knew.

 

 He had done what he wanted to do , and now he was empty.

 

 That is why he was sad. Because there is nothing inside of him anymore.

 

 Because his life was too short to be accepted and affirmed by anyone.





"I, I, am ......!"(Chris)





 





 

 

 I lifted my arms, heavy as lead, as if I were clinging to something, as if I were asking for help.

 

 But I'm sure it won't reach anyone.





 





 That's when it seemed everything was going to end.







"Chris. You're here, aren't you?"(?)







 







 Oh, how comforting.

 

 Such a voice reached his ears .......





◆ ◇ ◆

(PoV change from Chris to Cleo)



"Chris. You were here, weren't you?"(Marin)



 



 Marin came next to me,  the me who was unable to do anything.

 

 He took the hand of the boy whose light of life was about to be extinguished and smiled. Chris's beautiful face was crumpled up and he was crying, his hand so young.

 

 I looked at the two of them, and couldn't say anything.

 

 No, no. I was too afraid to say anything.



 



 It was just the two of them now.

 

 I'm sure that Marin is all that Chris needs at the end of the day.





"Milady,......?"(Chris)

"You've always been good to me, haven't you?"(Marin)

"Did you know ...... about me?"(Chris)

"Of course, Chris. He's a mysterious person who used to lend me a hand whenever I was in trouble. He always supported me when I was half a man."(Marin)

(TL: Half a man here means Incompetent)


"That's not right, ......."(Chris)



 



 Chris tried to deny Marin's words.

 

 But she would not allow it.



"You're... you're very important to me."(Marin)

"............!"(Chris)



 



 Gently, too gently.

 

 Holding his hand, Marin recognized the boy, Chris.

 

 He was speechless, gasping for breath, his throat trembling, and he bit his lip. Then, suddenly, the expression on his face changed from one of biting his teeth.



 



 Chris smiled softly on his beautiful, well-formed face.



 



 A very contented expression.

 

 He left behind more than just the future of Marin.







Thank you very much. Milady.......Mari..n."(Chris)

"No I should be one  thanking you Chris....for everything"(Marin)









 









 No doubt.

The boy didn't leave behind just behind the Future of Marin as the boy in front of me wasn't some tool.

 It was a human being,  Chris.









 









 Now, the boy had left.

 

 I'm sure that he will be surrounded by happiness that will be worth the suffering.


TL Note- Well that sums things up and as stated by other readers the aftermath isn't over but it was a beautiful end for the charcter Chris which was with us for many chapters and in my opinion a better character then Cleo.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts