Evil Avalon


Chapter 40-Smiley demon

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-12}

(Sponsor- Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)


We stepped onto the cobblestones and made our way towards the hidden area.



 



 The pathway is straight, so I can see a long way, but there are many crossroads that are difficult to see, and I have to be careful of the monsters waiting for me at the corners. Since there were almost no adventurers hunting, I decided to move on foot in anticipation of more encounters.



"What kind of things will appear on the tenth floor?



 



 As I'm walking along, checking the condition of my legs, my sister is standing next to me, spinning her little sword around and asking me about monsters.



"The main ones are large subhuman monsters like trolls and orc lords. The middle boss is the Minotaur.

"Minotaurs~?  Can the Orc Lord be defeated normally already? ......"



 



 As for the Orc Lords, the vicious appearance we saw in the train on the fifth floor is still fresh in our minds, but we're sure they're even more powerful than we are now. I just don't feel like I'm getting stronger because I've raised my level so rapidly.



 



 There are a lot of subhumans on this floor, so I have my sister wear the subhuman special item [Orclord's Crest] that I picked up on the 5th floor on her chest. It's a cute little badge with a pig's mark on it, but it does have some powerful effects, increasing attack damage by 10% and decreasing damage taken by 10% against subhumans, and only the Orclord that pops on the fifth floor drops it, so if you can monopolize the bridge drop, you might want to get a few more.


 



 While I was thinking about this, I was approaching the first crossroad when I heard a thumping sound from the left, along with a slight vibration. Maybe it was a troll.



 



 I sneak a peek around the corner and see a troll, less than three meters tall, clad in rags, hair shaggy, hairy and muscular. It's an active monster, but its senses are dull, so it won't attack you unless you're right in front of it.



"(What are you going to do? (Do we fight it?)"

"(No, we'll wait for it to pass by.)"



 



 Attacking a troll with a small-bladed weapon such as a dagger or a small sword may be blocked by its thick muscles and fat, except in critical areas. If you want to defeat them in a short time, you need to have a skill with high attack or penetration power, or a weapon of a certain size. Currently, there is no need to fight them.



 



 So, I retreated a bit, waited for the troll to pass by, and then proceeded to the hidden area again.



 



 



 



 We avoided several traps on the way, passed several trolls, and proceeded about one kilometer to the west, where we found an orc road blocking the single path in front of us. It didn't seem to be moving.



 



 Orcs have the weakness of being slow, but with my paralyzed legs I can't run very well, so I'm not sure I can outrun them. If I were to ask Hanano to fish for them and spread them around, I wouldn't know the MAP of this area at all, and if I ran around badly, there was a risk that other monsters would link up with them and start a train. I think it's better to beat it straight away.



"(He's going to do it. Don't swing your weapon too hard or it will break.)

"(Yes. I'll go first, you take the back.)

"(Okay.)



 



 Like the Orclord on the fifth floor, he carries a club that looks like a log. As soon as he saw my sister running towards him, he swung at her to hit her with the huge club. But my sister accelerated faster than he expected, and she easily spun around from his side to the side in a flash.



 



 Staggering in pain, he screams in a resounding voice, "Guaaaaaah!  He shouted in a resonant voice. Before I could attack him from behind, the orc lord fell and turned into a demon stone.


"I couldn't keep up with Hanano's movements. Maybe he couldn't even see you."

"But I can go a little faster."


 



 If I were to get hit by that big club, I'd be in trouble, but I don't think he'd be able to hit Hanano now. She can see the orc lord's movements better at ......, but her movement speed and acceleration are better than expected due to her physical enhancements, and she had plenty of time to spare after seeing it. I'm sure she can beat the Minotaur with no problem.



 



 



 



 After that, we fought a few more battles to make sure that we finally reached the dome-shaped room where the middle boss was. At the end of this room, there is a mechanism to enter a hidden area, so we have to go through the room.



 



 The size of the room is about 50 meters square. If you sneak a peek inside from near the entrance of the room, you can see a 2-meter tall Minotaur standing in the middle of the room. The room itself is large, making the Minotaur look relatively small, but his muscles are unusually large, and combined with his bull-headed, human-like beastly appearance, he looks almost oppressive.



 



 He has a symmetrical, double-edged axe in his hand, called the Labrys, which has increased attack power. You'll need the right armor and STR to take on that axe. It's also the first enemy to use a weapon skill - in our case, the unique boss on the seventh floor was the first.



 



 Their perceptive ability is not that high, so if you follow the wall outside the room without making any noise, you can pass through. What to do now: ......



"(I want to fight!)"

"(......"Well, that's okay, but be careful with the weapon skills. Don't get hit with that one.)"

"(Yes. I'm going to kill it before it can shoot me.)



 



The Minotaur's weapon skill, "Full Swing," is a two-handed axe skill that increases the attack power in proportion to STR. I told her on the way what kind of motion it uses to activate it, but with her current kinetic vision and physical abilities, she should be able to see it before she ducks.



 



 As soon as she entered the room, Hanano accelerated in a forward leaning posture and approached the Minotaur with a speed that quickly reached 50km/h.



 



 The Minotaur, noticing the sound of her approach, sees her coming at high speed and, prepared to fall behind, assesses Hanano's attack and prepares to receive it. That alone shows that the Minotaur is not just a monster with power.



 



 I start to run after her, but I'm not even close to the running speed I had when I was level 8. Even so, I'm sure I can run faster than the average person outside the magic field.



(If they're waiting, you don't have to force them to attack. ...... Do you have a plan?



 



 When you know that the Minotaur's stance is passive, you can move in a zigzag pattern and feint as you approach, so that the Minotaur can't read whether you are going to attack from the left or right.



 



 The Minotaur seemed to want to receive Hanano's attack and then force her to counter by bouncing off her weapon, but when he decided that this would be difficult, he gave up on receiving the attack, lowered his center of gravity and began the activation motion for his weapon skill. It is a "full swing" that cleaves a wide area in front of you.



 



 But the decision was "too late".



 



 She accelerated further, perhaps still having some energy left in her, and reached close to him before the Full Swing was activated.She then ducked under the right side of the body and slashed the belly while coming around behind him, slashing one after the other with a dexterous slashing style that made it seem as if her right hand and left hand were moving independently due to her "Dual Wielding "
 I wonder if the Orc Lord's emblem, which has a special effect on subhumans, is also having an effect, and it's producing a huge attack power.



 



 Even with that many cuts, the "Full Swing" is still activated. However, Hanano was already gone in that direction. The minotaur let out a cry like a cow's scream as it was slashed on the back, then fell to the ground and turned into a magical stone.



 



 Dun-Ex's attack skills have a restriction that once they are in the activation motion, they cannot be stopped until the activation is complete unless you "cancel" the skill.



 



 And currently, there are no monsters that will cancel their skills. At least, I don't remember any in the game. If the Minotaur is the same as in the game, it's an enemy that doesn't cancel its skills.



 



 The 《Full Swing》 is a difficult skill to dodge because it cleaves a large area in front of you. But it's not hard to dodge if you can see the pooling motion before the activation.



 



 It's not hard to dodge it if you can see the pause motion before it activates. Pull, crouch, jump, or step forward. If you want to counter the "Full Swing", you have two choices: crouch or step forward. So, while accelerating, Hanano stepped forward and sliced through the back while turning around.



 



 However, this flow was only possible because of the level difference. If Hanano's level was equal to or lower than the Minotaur's monster level, the Minotaur would not have unleashed the "Full Swing" at the start of the game, and would not have aimed for the receiving end in the first place, and the fight would have been completely different.



"It's okay. That was because of the level difference, right?

"Yes, it was. Well, I wouldn't have given the go-ahead for the battle otherwise.



 



 I'm glad to see that you know exactly what you're doing. Pride is the scariest thing. Unless you could start over like in a game, you could make mistakes and feel the pain.







 







 I picked up the minotaur's magic stone and the dungeon currency, and headed for the stone wall in the back.



 



 If you look carefully at the stone wall, you'll notice a round depression about a few centimeters in diameter. Insert the dungeon currency you have into it and you'll find ......



"Oh, the wall cracked!  That's amazing!



 



 With a sound like heavy objects rubbing against each other, the stone wall opens to the left and right, following the shape of the stone. I was amazed at how elaborate it was to open the wall just by inserting a coin into the hollow, and went inside. There are no monsters popping up from here, so it should be a completely safe zone.



 



 As I slowly walked around the large, deserted square, memories of when I was a beginner in Dan-Eku came back to me. I remember when I was a beginner in Dun-Ex, and I played the game of "straw man" here, exchanging items.



 



 When the Dun-Ex service first started, it was treated as a hidden area, but this plaza, with its reasonable size, was treated as an open base of operations by the players. It was crowded with people who brought their own items to sell, opened stalls, recruited parties, and so on. But now, there was no one but us.



 



 After a short walk across the plaza, we came across a square box-like building made of rough stones. We finally arrived at our destination, Obaba's store, and I breathed a deep sigh of relief. Originally, I had planned to come here about a month later, but ......



 



 In the front of the store, a woman dressed in light black clothes was sitting on a simple chair, smoking a pipe and enjoying the smoke. 



She stood up slowly as we approached and said, "Hello, welcome. Would you like to buy something?"



 



 The "demon", with a large, heavy-looking horn growing out of her temple, smiled and welcomed us.

TL Note- The longest era of sponsored chapters are over and we thank Krazey for letting us enjoy the action packed Chapter and we welcome the new short but meaningful era of Tria from tommorow. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts