Evil Avalon

Chapter 39-Go to the 10th floor ②

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-11}

(Sponsor- Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)

About two kilometers further on from the battle with the giant bat, a black haze formed ahead of us. It was an Orc Archer.



"Try to defeat them normally."

"Okay."



 



 My sister gets me off her back and holds up a small sword. I hope this will be more helpful than the giant bat I just saw.



 



 As soon as the orc archer recovers from his defenseless state, he notices us and sets up his bow. He may have decided to cut down on his mobility first, and shoots an arrow at his sister's leg as she comes up to him at a short run.


 



 The bow of the orc archer is a primitive round wooden bow made from a tree branch, but the length of the bow is huge, over two meters. From the creaking and flexing sound of the string, I could tell that a lot of power was required just to fire the bow and arrow. The sound of the bow and arrows being fired also sounded as if they were shot with a ballista. Monster level 8 is no mean feat.



 



 But...



 


Hanano easily knocked down the arrowhead with a small sword and narrowed the distance without killing the momentum, swinging from the neck to the shoulder of the orc archer
 This is the first time I've ever seen an orc archer fall to the ground. The orc archer turned into a demon stone before it could fall to the ground. In the process, the small sword seemed to have been distorted a bit due to excessive force applied to it.


"Oh, my little sword!  It's a little bent!"

"...... By the looks of it, you're up to level 15 or so?"



 



 That small sword was originally long and thin, so it was easy to bend, but it was made of a single piece of steel and was very sturdy. If you think about the time when you were level 8, it was not strong enough to bend even if you handled it a little roughly. You can see that the physical strength and grip strength have improved a lot. In addition, it is not your own, but a rental item from the school. ...... I don't know how to pay for it. ......



"I'll have to get a new weapon. I don't have a lot of cash on me, so I'm hoping Obaba's store sells some good ones.

"You can buy them with magic stones or dungeon currency.



 



 When it was a game, items sold by players could be found in the store, so magic items and weapons made of rare materials that were excessively left over in the market were sold cheaply. In this world, there are no players, so there will be no such items for sale. But on the other hand, there must be some items that are easier to buy.



"You seem to have enough fighting ability, so let's head to the tenth floor without hesitation.

"Hold on tight beacuse we are going to ~ru~n~."


 



 My sister picked me up on her back again, and we ran again through the sparsely populated streets to the next floor.



 



 Although it was running like a small run to reduce shaking, the speed was quite fast ......, about 40km/h. ....... Some adventurers were surprised and looked twice at me because I was not only running fast but also beating them. It's also a good idea to slow down a bit so you don't stand out too much, Hanano said.



"Wow, we're going pretty fast, aren't we? It's fun!

"Watch where you're going."


 



  The main street was still sparsely populated with passersby, although there were fewer of them. If we bumped into them, they would be seriously injured.





 

 





 

 *...*...*...*...*...*



 



 



 



 After running a few more kilometers, we arrived at the 9th floor.



 



 I almost suggested we take a break since we had been running for almost 20 minutes, but my sister wasn't breathing too hard, so we decided not to take a break and just go for the 10th floor.



 



 According to the statistics, less than ten percent of the adventurers on the tenth floor are capable of fighting monsters, and even here in the entrance hall on the ninth floor, there are only a few adventurers in sight. All of the adventurers had probably already changed their jobs to their basic jobs, so it was easy to tell which job they were, as their equipment was designed for fighters, casters, and thieves. At a quick glance, most of the adventurers seemed to be fighters with light armor and one- or two-handed swords.



 



 To get to this point, you need "money" to buy the right equipment, "time" to keep hunting monsters and raise your level, and "friends" to form a party.



 



 For the average person, getting all three of these things is a tough challenge. Most of them have sponsors, adventuring clans, adventuring schools, or rich people behind them. If you're a former player, it doesn't matter because you can come here with just your knowledge of the game.



"So, what's on the ninth floor?

"Like the eighth floor, the ninth floor is mainly orcs and bats, but there will also be trolls."



 



Trolls are nearly three meters tall, hairy giants with a monster level of 9. They don't have any weapons and only attack with their bare hands, but they are monstrously powerful, so it's best to avoid their attacks as much as possible. If it grabs you, it's very dangerous. It also has a regeneration skill, which makes it prone to long battles. It's a good idea to run away from it, as it can easily link up with other monsters.



"Hmm. But I think I can beat it now.

"If we encounter it, we'll have to fight it later. Weapons are too weak to withstand our full strength right now, and I'm not at my best either."

"...... Yeah."



 



 As the party fights in the distance, we start moving slowly to the 10th floor.


"Hey, over there. The ground is rising unnaturally."

"It's a trap that hasn't been triggered yet. If you fall, it will be a hassle to climb to the top, so please avoid traps like that."



 



 Up until now, the traps in the main street have only been triggered, but since there are fewer adventurers on this floor, these untriggered traps appear more and more often.



 



 The traps up to the tenth floor are easy enough to avoid if you're paying attention. However, after the 20th floor, some traps cannot be seen at a glance, so you will need to have one person in your party with a trap detection skill.



 



 We passed a few parties and continued running. On the way, we saw an Orc General, but there were no adventurers around, so we ran on.



 



 Finally, we reached the target floor.







 







 *...*...*...*...*







 







 --10th floor.



 



 Reaching this floor was one of the goals, so there was no sense of ...... emotion at all. I hadn't planned to head to the tenth floor in such a hurry in the first place. It's all because of those bones and Sorrel's assholes. I will have to retaliate against Sorrel in particular for their attack on Hanano.



 



 I look around, a little irritated by what I remembered.



 



 The 10th floor entrance plaza. From here, the maze of artificial MAP will continue for a while.



 



 The walls are all made of stone, and the floor is all paved with stones. The ceiling is pale blue and looks like a blue sky, so it is much brighter than the cave MAP, and has a good sense of openness. I feel as if I'm walking through the back alleys of the castle town.



"There are stores here, aren't there? Oh, there are accommodations, too!"



 



 In one corner of the square, there were a few stores, and there was also a facility where the staff of the adventurer's guild were housed. On the other side of the square, there was a Japanese-style inn that looked like a long-established inn. It seemed to offer simple meals, and there were several parties relaxing and chatting at the front desk.



 



 There were also leisure accommodations on the fourth floor of the dungeon, but unlike the inn on the fourth floor, the inn on the tenth floor seemed to attract many guests who stayed there for a full-fledged dungeon dive.



 



 Without using the gate, it would take more than half a day to return to the surface, or conversely, to come from outside. For adventurers who use this area as a hunting ground, staying overnight on the tenth floor is just the right distance.



 



 Most adventurers bring simple tents and camp out in the halls to save on lodging costs, but high-ranking adventurers, nobles, and warriors have a sense of pride and prefer to avoid camping out as much as possible. This is why there is such a demand for accommodation on this floor.



(Well, we who can use the gate don't need to stay here.)



 



 To get to Obaba's store from here, we had to go in the opposite direction of the main street to the 11th floor. Adventurers rarely go in that direction, and there are probably monsters wandering around as usual. You might want to take a break to prepare for battle.



"I'm going to take a break. I'm going to the bathroom."

"I'll go with you. Oh, I might get hungry, so let's order something to go."


 



 I glanced at the stall and saw an amazing price tag: "1080 yen for yakisoba. There is a good chance that there will be a battle during the transport to this point, and there are only a limited number of people to transport it, so it may be unavoidable. I'm not sure if it will be more expensive in the future?



 



 When I came out after using the restroom, I found my sister trying to order the yakisoba. I wonder if I brought that much money with me.



"Oops, give me two fried noodles."

"Sure. I'll give you a little extra because you're so cute."

"Thank you. 



 



 When I looked at the yakisoba that was handed to me, I realized that it might be more than the other ones, but there were hardly any ingredients. Don't be stingy, old man. ......



 



 After wrapping the yakisoba pack in paper and putting it in my backpack, I took a quick look around the plaza and headed for the hidden store to the west. It's a hidden store, and it's in an area you can't normally enter.



"So all I have to do is put the dungeon currency on the wall?"

"Yes, copper coins. The dungeon currency will be dropped at a certain rate by defeating the mid-boss on this floor. We already have some from defeating the Orc Lord, so there's no need to defeat him.

"I'll come back to fight you later."



 



 I've been running for more than an hour with Hanano carrying me on her back, but she doesn't seem to be tired at all. In fact, she seems to be itching to beat the monster. It must be because the physical strengthening is working better than expected.



 



 I'm also feeling full of energy from the huge level up, but I think I'm just too tired to be excited.



 



 But our destination is just around the corner. I want to recover from my condition first, so I'll go home and rest later. Let's keep our heads up and do our best for a little while longer.


TL Note- We thank Krazey for sponsoring this Chapter. 


Comments

  1. Bro, I can’t wait to see what lvl he’s at now, and how easily he’ll beat his classmate’s expectation when the time comes

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont they have a skeleton liches's core now? I wonder how much such a magic stone would sell for since companies use them as energy/research. Nevertheless he shouldnt sell it publicly probably through a trusted source

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts