After leaving the A rank party, I aim for the deep part of the labyrinth with my former students


Volume 1

Chapter  24- Secondary Jobs and Marina's Worries

(TL:By Rafael)


"It's part of the Memoranda of Enlightenment."(Yuki)

"Memoranda of Enlightenment?"(Marina)

"It's a magical artifact used to uncover hidden abilities. It's quite valuable."(Yuki)



 



 

 

 It's in pretty good condition, and if we can repair it and fill in the missing parts, we can rebuild it as the Memorandum of Enlightenment.

 

 It's a bit of a challenge, but that's where my skills as an alchemist come into play.



"Why does Orc have such a thing?"(Marina)

"He either rifled through the treasure chest or took it from someone else. ...... Where did it come from in the first place?"(Yuki)

"It was crumpled up in the biggest bag Orc had!"(Yuki)



 



 The Orcs are a fighting race that likes to loot.

 

 They often carry loot from dungeons and victims.

 

 This piece of the Memorandum of Enlightenment must have been obtained that way.



"Can we sell it for a lot?"(Marina)

"It's a small fortune as it is. It's a shame to sell it. ...... I'll restore it.  If it works, someone else can use it."(Yuki)



 



 The Memorandum of Enlightenment is not usually sold on the market.

 

 They are usually consumed by the party that obtains them.

 

 For an adventurer with physical capital, the awakening of a talent that permanently raises one's level is of irreplaceable importance, so there are very few who would exchange it for gold.



"What happens when someone uses it?"(Marina)

"It's said that a person's talents blossom a little. For example, it is said that a person can develop a second secondary job, gain new skills, or even suddenly have a magical vision."(Yuki)



 



 I think this is the kind of magical artifact that gives you awareness and inspiration.

 

 It's the kind of thing that can bring to light your inner self that you didn't realize you had until now,.......



"So, I guess Marina should use it."(Silk)

"Yes. I think that's a good idea, too."(Rain)

"Really? I wonder if I'll wake up to her second secondary job."(Marina)



 



 It is true that Marina does not have a second secondary job.

 

 It could be that she was born with one, or it could be that she never had a chance to wake up until now.

 

 In my case, the alchemist appeared by chance when I challenged myself to mix a little medicine. ......



 



 By the way, all of the people in Thunderpike didn't have a second secondary job.

 

 I remember being a little hurt when they didn't seem to care about it, or on the contrary, when I became an alchemist, they said I was "incompetent" for not being able to compete with my own job function.

 
 

 I think it's useful for adventurers to have a lot of options.



 



 Well, each person has their own way of thinking.

 

 I don't want to impose this on Marina either.



"Is it okay with me using it ?"(Marina)

"Well, you can think about it after the restoration is finished. I personally don't know if I'll ever wake up to a second secondary job."(Yuki)

"I'm not sure if I'll ever wake up a second secondary job. But the people at the temple told me that since 'Magic Swordfighter' is rare, the talent might be concentrated there."(Marina)

"That's one way to look at it. Well, even if you don't have a 'secondary job,' you might find some hidden talent, you know?"(Yuki)



 



 Marina, who tilted her head slightly at my words, made a pinched face.



"Like a wife?"(Marina)

"I wonder if that's a talent. ......"(Yuki)


(TL :Me and readers will set up a institute for that talent waifu for life 🥰)
 



 It's a bit of a question, but the possibilities are endless.



"We should get going."(Yuki)



 



As I said this, I sprinkled some homemade holy water on the corpse of Orcs, which I had pulled to the edge.

 

 If the magic of the labyrinth turns him into an undead, it will be troublesome.


"Let's take a break on the stair landing as planned. I want my magic to be at full strength."(Yuki)

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm feeling a little low on magic energy."(Rain)


 



 It's a good thing she's not out of breath from using the fourth rung of the ladder magic, the《 Fireball》.

 
Jamie, for example, was having a hard time with even the third rung magic.



 



 He waved his finger to send a 《Continuous recovery of magical power》 to Rain, and headed for the stairs.
 

 The staircase in the Ione Ruins Labyrinth has a small landing in the middle of it and turns around, making it a relatively safe place, despite the rules of the labyrinth.

 

 Unless, of course, the situation is so unstable that the labyrinth overflows and causes an overflow.


 



 When I reached the landing, I stopped "Gopuro-kun" for a moment.

 

 I've already told  him that I'm going to stop delivering during the break, and I want some time to decompress.



"Wear and tear confirmation. I've only consumed one scroll of magic. My magic is fine."(Yuki)

"I'm fine"(Marina)

"Five arrows are down. I still have 20 arrows left."(Silk)

"I'm feeling low. I can recover during the break."(Rain)


 



 No major wear and tear.

 

 The orcs are a bit strong to encounter here, but they probably came in from outside and took up residence.

 

 They'll live anywhere on their own. ......



"Oh, by the way. Yuki, have you been harassed since then?"(Marina)

"Oh, the Besio Salas thing? Yeah, no problems."(Yuki)



 



 Besio Salas.



 



 An E rank adventurer who was wandering around trying to join Marina and her party.
 

 He's a bit of a strange guy who threatened me.



 



 I actually ran into him once or twice after that, but I asked him to leave as planned .......

 

 I flew Gopuro-kun to the scene, and I believe his adventurer registration has now been revoked.

 

 In fact, his adventurer credibility score was so low that even the slightest threat would cause it to be revoked.

 

 It's still a mystery to me how he was able to act so high and mighty with that kind of ability and adventurer credit score.



"I've informed the Adventurer's Guild and I'm sure they've taken action."(Yuki)

"I don't think I've seen him lately. That guy."(Silk)

"I feel bad remembering him."(Rain)



 



 Rain hated Besio in particular. ......



"That too, but also Thunderpike guy. He's been glaring at ...... Yuki."(Marina)

"Yeah. He's always been like that. It's nothing to be concerned about."(Yuki)



 



 All three of us knew what was going on because we had complained about it at the bar afterwards.

 

 I didn't expect to be drunk to the point of collapse, but I was.



"Don't worry, I'm not going back at all. I'll stay here and pursue my dream."(Yuki)

"Yeah. I'm not worried about that. I've heard of people being harassed from previous parties, so I'm more worried about ...... that."(Marina)



 



 Marina lowered her eyebrows.



"I don't care if they harass me. I have you now."(Yuki)



 



 I smiled at them with conviction, and each of the three of them returned the smile with embarrassment.

TL Note- Yuki is smooth as butter and and when i said that the lore will be explained, i didn't  meant  this Chapter but it will eventually come.


Comments

  1. maybe the orc bought it at a used goods pawnshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of us knew what was going on -> All three of them knew what was going on

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts