I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 3-: Another world's meal
( TL By GUST )


 Just when I was happy to see the ...... clean front door that I had finally finished cleaning, I heard the sound of a loud bell. This is the noon bell. ...... As I was thinking this, the door of the house opened wide outward and Marie came out.



She said, "Big brother, are you done? The lunch bell has rung, so we're open for business!


"Oh, I'm done! It's all cleaned up, right?


"Really, don't just stand there, help me inside!


"Okay, okay. I was just coming to get you.




 Marie is growing up strong....... I was about to go into the house thinking that, when Marie got mad at me again.




I was about to enter the house when Marie yelled at me again: "Big brother! You have to fix the door first.


"Oh, right, sorry, I forgot.



 As I said this, I opened the front door wide and secured it with the stopper. It seems that in this world, when a store is open, the door is often left open.


 


 There are some stores that don't, but it seems to be a custom because of the brightness of the stores and because of the lack of widespread use of letters.


 


 As soon as I opened the door, a customer came in.




"Is the store open yet?


"Yes! Welcome!"




 




 Marie smiled at the customer. Marie smiled at the customer, and the customer's face broke into a sloppy grin.


 


 It seems that Marie is really fulfilling her role as the signature girl. I've got to do my best too! With that in mind, I went inside the store.


 


 As I did so, more and more customers came in. It seems that our restaurant is quite popular. I led the customers to their seats one by one.


 


 The only two items on the lunch menu at our diner are the steak set and the stir-fried pork with vegetables set. The set includes hard bread, soup and water, and you can choose between steak or stir-fried pork and vegetables as the main course.


 


 Since the menu is quite hearty, there are a lot of male customers, and a higher percentage of them order the steak.


 


 Another new customer, a rather stout man, came in.




"Welcome, would you like steak or stir-fried pork and vegetables?


"Steak, please.


"Yes, one steak coming up!


 In this world, polite service is not required like in Japan. If you work with a smile on your face, you will get a high rating.




"Leon, take care of the steak."


"Yes!"



 My job was to take the orders, serve the food to the customers who ordered first, and clear the table when it was ready. Marie is in charge of the bread, soup, and water, so I can serve steak or fried pork and vegetables.


 


 The bowls and cutlery are made of wood, so I don't have to worry about breaking them, but it's a lot of work with so many customers.




"Leon, the stir-fry and three steaks are ready."


"Okay, I'll take them!"




 




 As I worked busily, the number of customers gradually subsided, and the store closed when the last customer left.


 


 The store does not have a fixed closing time, but closes when no more customers come. So the closing time varies from day to day, but it doesn't seem to make that much difference because everyone comes at noon when the bell rings.




"Good work everyone, I'm hungry.


"Well, let's have lunch too."


"Lunch! Yay! I'm so hungry.



 Leon's family would have lunch after the cafeteria was closed for lunch. I was hungry too, so I wanted to eat as soon as possible.




"You're going to eat too, aren't you?


"Yes! I'm hungry!


"Let's have lunch together, then. We have two steaks left today, so we can have half of each.


"Yay! I'm so glad because I've been eating only stir-fried vegetables lately!




 




 We always seem to eat the leftovers from the lunch business for lunch. That inevitably leads to more stir-fried vegetables. Marie had been saying that she was tired of stir-fried vegetables lately.


 


 Now she's waiting for her steak with a big smile on her face. My dad smiled and said, "Marie, I'm going to cook it now.




"Marie, I'm going to cook it now, just wait a little longer. I'll make a bigger one for you.


"Bigger? Yay!


"Oh, Marie likes steak.




 Even Mom was laughing. I couldn't help but laugh, too. What a wonderful family. It was sad to think of my family in Japan, but I was glad to be a part of this family.




"Dad! I want a bigger one too!


"Leon, too? Leon? Then let's make him bigger.


"You're both kids.



 Mom and Dad looked at each other and laughed.



"Wait in the living room, both of you.


"Yes!"



 Marie and I both replied and headed for the living room.


 

   In the living room, there was a desk and chairs for four people, and Marie and I sat next to each other.


 

 I sat down in my usual position.




"We sat down in our usual positions.


"Yes, I am. It's going to be delicious!


"Yeah! I love steak! I haven't had a leftover steak for four days. I've been counting!



 I haven't had a steak left in four days. Her face also looks proud.


 


 My sister ............ or cute ......! I'm going to be a straight line of brotherly stupidity.




"It's a good thing, Marie. I'm sure you can count.




 It's a great way to make sure you're getting the most out of your money. You're so cute. ......!


 


 Just as I was losing myself in Marie's cuteness, the living room door opened and Mom and Dad walked in.




"Dinner is ready.


"Here's Marie and Leon's steak.


"Yikes!  Yay!


"It looks delicious!




 There was a freshly cooked and very tasty looking steak. It was my first meal since I came to this world. I hope it suits my palate. ...... But the smell looks insanely delicious. I'm not sure what to do with it.




"Bread, soup, and water, too! Here you go.


"Do you two want some stir-fried vegetables?


"I'll just have the steak!


"I'll have some stir-fry, too!


"Okay, here's Leon's stir-fry.


"Thank you!




 




 The rest of the food looks so good! I can't wait to try it.




"Let's eat, shall we?




 




 Is there a word in this world that has the same meaning as "Itadakimasu"? Or is that being translated? 


  


 Well, I don't know, but it's convenient, so what the hell. At any rate, I don't know even if I think about it.


 


 Anyway, let's eat for now!




""Bon appétit!""




 




 I put the steak on my fork first. This world doesn't seem to have the custom of using knives for personal use, so the steak was already cut into bite-sized pieces.


 


 Then I took a bite of the steak.




"Delicious!


"Yes! It's delicious, big brother!


 It was really delicious. It tasted just like the beefsteak I had in Japan. Maybe the food in this world is the same as in Japan.

 


 But from what Leon remembers, they don't seem to have much of a repertoire of food. That might mean that the ingredients are the same but the cooking methods have not been developed. This steak is really good, but it's only salty.


 


 I'll try the bread and soup. Crunchy ...... hard!  It's like a very dry French bread. Well, if you chew it well, you can eat it and it tastes good, but it's not easy to eat.


 


 The soup is ...... gooey ...... yeah. It's not bad, but it's only salty, so it's a little lacking. I guess it's because there's no soup stock.


 


 What about the stir-fried vegetables?  This is...... just plain delicious. It's a taste I'm used to eating in Japan. In Japan, stir-fried vegetables are usually salty.



 If you don't want to go overboard, it's just plain good rice. This was really good. I don't think I'm going to have a hard time eating something that doesn't suit my palate.


 I'll have to think about better food in the future. As I ate, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and before I knew it, I had finished it.


"That was delicious! Thanks for the food.


"I finished it too! It was delicious!


 I looked to my side and saw that Marie had also finished her meal and was looking satisfied with a big smile on her face. My father and mother are also smiling at her.


  I'm so happy, I'm going to take good care of this family in this other world. That's what I thought.


TL Note- We did a double release today so we can surpass the other TL chapter faster but as I am also translating two other series with this one so updates are scheduled every Sunday.  I will try to upload faster but you will surely get weekly updates 

Next

Prev

Comments

Popular Posts