I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 2-: Encounter
( TL By GUST )

 So, what do we do now? Mom told me to go to bed, but I don't think I can sleep anymore. For now, I'll just explore the house!  There's a big difference between what I remember and what I actually see.


 


 Let's get out of this room first! As I put my feet down to get out of bed, I noticed that there were shoes by the bed. It looks like the house is clogged.


 


 I put them on and see that the shoes are made of woven grass-like material. They're a little prickly. Well, I can live with it for now. It's not like there are only shoes like this in the world.


 


 I get out of bed and open the only door in the room. Looking to the right, I see that it is a dead end with an open window. There was also a door in front of me, so I guessed there was another room. On the left, there is a downward staircase.


 


 I decided to open the other door first.




"Excuse me."




 




 I said in a small voice and opened the door softly. Somehow I felt like I was sneaking a peek into someone else's house.


 


 The other room was like a storage room. I don't know what I'm looking at now, so I'd better not go in here.


 


 Next time, let's go downstairs. I walked down the creaky stairs and found a short, straight hallway with a door at the end, two doors on the right, and one on the left.


 


 When I opened the door on the right, I saw that the first door on the right was a toilet, and the second door was a living room with a desk and a chair.


 


 There was another door at the back of the living room, which was locked, so I opened it and found a small garden and a well. There was a wooden fence between the house next door and the house behind, and a wooden fence in front of the house to prevent people from entering the garden from the street in front of the house, so it was like a courtyard.


 


  There was a wooden fence in front of the house that prevented people from entering the yard from the street. From what Leon remembers, they use these tarai to wash themselves with cloth.....


 


 I can't stand just that. I wonder if there are any bathrooms in this world. If so, what should I do?.....


 


 But I'm sure there's a bath somewhere. When I get used to this world, I'll look for a bath. First, let's continue exploring the house.


 


 Next, I decided to go down the stairs and open the door on the left. There was a noise coming from the door on the left, so I wondered if Mom and Dad were there.


 


 When I opened the door on the left, I found myself in a kitchen where my mom and dad were cooking. They were preparing for the next day's business.




"Leon, what's wrong? Shouldn't you be in bed yet?


"Mom, I'm better now, I'm fine.




 




 I took a closer look at her again and saw that she was beautiful. She was young, probably in her twenties, with blond hair and amber eyes. In Leon's memory, she was kind but scary when angry.




"Leon, are you okay? When I fell down the stairs and hit my head, I thought I was going to die.


"Dad, I'm sorry for worrying you. I'm fine, I'm fine.


"I'm so glad to hear that.




 




 Dad's face relaxed as if he was truly relieved. My dad has brown hair and brown eyes, and he seems like a very kind man. He has brown hair and brown eyes, and he seems very kind.




"Jean, you have to move your hands or you'll miss the opening!


"Sorry, Roana, I'll be right there."




 




 Looking at his mother and father, Leon couldn't help but chuckle. It seems that Mom is the strong one in this family.


 


 But I can tell by looking at him that he loves her. I can tell by watching him that he loves her, and even now, even when he's angry, he's smiling.




"Mom, where's Marie?




 




 I wanted to meet my sister in person. Ryosuke Kikuchi didn't have any younger siblings, and he longed for a younger brother or sister.




"Marie is cleaning the cafeteria. Leon, if you're feeling okay, go help her.


"Yes.


"Marie! Leon will help you too!




 




 She called out to the dining room. The dining room and kitchen were connected, though there was a counter between them.




"I did it! It was hard to do it alone.




 




 I heard Marie's voice. I went back to the corridor from the kitchen and opened the door at the end of the corridor. That led to the dining room.




"Are you okay, big brother? Does it hurt anymore?


"I'm fine now. I'm sorry I worried you.


"I'm sorry for worrying you, but you're such a klutz.




 




 Marie's cheeks were puffed up as she said this. I couldn't help but stare at her.


 


 Marie has brown hair, amber eyes, and a doll-like face. This is too cute. I'll have to watch out for crime.......


 


 Marie is five years old, but she's doing a great job helping out at the store, and she's already becoming the store's signature girl. I swore to myself that I would protect her from any strange people. I'm becoming an idiot.




"Big brother! Big brother! What's wrong with you? Do you still have a headache?"




 




 I was staring at Marie and it looked like she wasn't feeling well, so I worried her.




"I'm fine, I'm fine! Now let's get to work, big brother!


"Are you sure?"




 




 Marie gave me a skeptical look, but when I shook my head yes, she seemed to agree.




"Marie gave me a suspicious look, but when I shook my head yes, she seemed to agree. I'll clean the inside."




 




 Marie then handed me a broom to sweep the outside.




"All right, I'll go sweep! Okay, I'll go sweep!




 




 Leon took the broom and opened the door leading to the outside of the dining room.




"Whoa!"




 




 He shouted loudly, then hurriedly covered his mouth with his hand.


 


 But the emotion still wouldn't go away. I knew about it from Leon's memories, but actually seeing it was completely different. Wow, it really is a different world! It's so different from Japan!


 


 The first thing I saw when I opened the door was a large street with enough room for a carriage to pass by, where many carriages and people were passing by.


 


 It seemed that most of the houses were made of wood, and there were many two-story houses lined up in a row. This scene alone could be considered a time slip, right?


 


 But the fact that this is a different world is already proven by the magic in Leon's memory.





 But still, it's impressive. It's not a very beautiful city, it's not as developed and dirty as Japan, but the excitement of another world overcomes that.


 

 But I'm going to have to live here for a long time..... When I think about it, the excitement wears off and I think I'd prefer a cleaner place.........


 But there's no point in thinking about that now! I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it, but I'm going to have to. I'm not sure what to do, but I'm not sure what to do.


 

 And then, in reaction, I fell on my butt.



"Ouch, ......, huh?"



 I looked up to apologize to the person I had bumped into while enduring the pain, and I was speechless with surprise.


 There was a knight in the room. He wasn't wearing full plate armor, but he was wearing simple armor and had a sword at his waist. He was a cool guy with red hair and brown eyes.


 I don't know if there are nobles in this world, but from his clothes and appearance, I thought he must be a great man. I hurriedly sat down on the spot and tried to apologize, but the man held out his hand to me.


I sat up and tried to apologize, but the man held out his hand, "Are you okay? I'm sorry I bumped into you."


 I sat upright and tried to apologize.


"I'm sorry, too. I'm sorry I bumped into you, but are you hurt?"


 I couldn't help but reply politely in honorific Japanese, a habit I had when I was in Japan. When I looked up at the man's face, he had wrinkles between his eyebrows.



 I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use honorifics after all.



"Where did you learn to use that language?  You're a kid in this diner, aren't you?  You're a kid in this diner, right? I don't think you'll ever have the chance to learn......."


Maybe it doesn't matter if you're a kid or not, you're not allowed to use polite language!  Oh no, what should I do?.....


"I'm sure you've heard of it.


 I tried to cover it up by saying that, but the man still had a difficult look on his face. The man's face suddenly softened as he wondered what to do.


"He patted my head and said, "Well, that's great.


 He patted me on the head. I was deeply relieved and let out a sigh.


My name is Frederick," he said. What's your name? And are you hurt?


"My name is Leon."

" I'm fine. I'm sorry for bumping into you."



 I replied, trying not to be too polite this time.


" I don't have time to stop by right now, but I'll stop by the cafeteria sometime."



 He smiled at me.



I smiled and said, "Yes, sir! I'll be waiting."



 I also smiled, and Frederick-san patted my head again and left.


"Phew, I think I managed to fool him."


 This time it was bad. I have to be careful from now on......


I mean, how could he speak honorific?  At least Leon couldn't have spoken it.....


 When I think about it, I can completely understand what everyone is saying in Japanese, and I can speak it just as if I were speaking Japanese.


 But what about letters? So I tried to write letters on the ground. When I did so, I could write the words of the other world as if I were writing Japanese, and I could read them.


 What does this mean for ......? At least in Leon's memory, Leon couldn't read or write. ............


 I don't know, but I guess it means that I can speak, read and write the languages of this world just as well as Japanese.


 It's convenient and I'm grateful for it. But I'll have to be careful not to get caught. ......


 As I was pondering this, the door of the house opened and Marie came out.


"Are you done, big brother?"


 That's when I realized for the first time. I hadn't cleaned up yet! I hurriedly started sweeping with the broom.


"I started to sweep with the broom, but it would take a little longer.


 I looked at Marie with a dry smile on my face, and she was looking at me with suspicion.


"You've been slacking off, haven't you, big brother?


"'No, I wasn't! I'm going to finish now, so you can go inside the house.



 Marie was staring at me, but her expression softened a little, as if she was satisfied

" We're about to open."


"All right, all right. I'll be done soon."


 Marie then went back inside the house.

 Oh no! I have to clean up! I cleaned frantically.


TL Note- We are picking this up again as the translator who picked this up isn't updating anymore since 21 July and as it is almost a month since then so we decided to pick this up

Next

Prev

Comments

Popular Posts