A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 33

Chapter 4-It's like being on the execution block.

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Now, it's suddenly begun! The cooking showdown between Princess Liliana and Saintess Marin!!"

"Judge Cleo, how are you feeling right now!?"

"I feel like I'm standing on a thin, rickety suspension bridge... doing a handstand..."

While I was drenched in cold sweat, the other students were in a festive uproar.

Some had started betting, while others, who seemed to be part of various fan groups, were cheering enthusiastically. Everyone was getting carried away by the showdown between the two central figures of the Royal Capital Academy.

Seated next to the commentary booth that had been set up before I even realized it, I could feel my facial muscles freezing up. Seeing this, Aqua-senpai, who was in charge of commentary, spoke up out of concern.

"Oh my, Cleo-kun, your face is pale! What happened?"

"...Even if you don't ask, you should already know."

No, it's not that she's concerned; this person is enjoying herself.

Though she was covering her mouth and laughing softly, for some reason, I could see a mischievous expression underneath. Aqua-senpai is the most skilled cook in this academy, and it's said she will eventually become the head chef of the royal palace. Her top disciple, Lilith, also shows great potential, and the dishes they create are so delicious they could melt your tongue.

"Is that so? Both of them are cooking with you in mind."

"Could it be that you're planning to say the best seasoning is 'love'...? If that's the case, I'll state it clearly—"

As I recalled those dishes like a flashback...

At the same time, I was reminded of the cooking imitations they made when we were younger.

"If 'love' could make food delicious, then chefs wouldn't be necessary...!"

And so, I make this declaration.

It's not something I wanted to say.

I wanted to believe that, no matter how idealistic it sounds, as long as there's sincerity, that's enough. But ever since I was a child, I've endured hardships so severe that I literally coughed up blood. There were times I required emergency treatment, even teetering on the edge of life and death. Their cooking is that much of a lethal weapon.

I wouldn't mind being called a villain.

Even if I'm labeled a scoundrel, or worse, inhuman, I wouldn't care.

"To be honest, I'd like to destroy everything in their cooking arsenal right now."

So, I can't help but say such things.

This wasn't a matter of rational thought. Rather, it was purely 'survival instinct.'

"Oh, if that's how you feel, why don't you just run away?"

"Don't say that while you're restraining me with these bindings!!"

"Hehehe, there's no need to be so scared."

"Easy for you to say when it's not your problem!!"

And yet, I can't escape.

I was a mess, caught between the desire to stay alive and the tears from the fear I knew all too well. Pathetically, I could do nothing but sniffle, not even allowed to wipe my face.

I was already standing on the brink of death.

Or it felt like I had my head on the execution block.

"...Don't worry. It'll be fine."

"Aqua-senpai...?"

But despite my panic,

Aqua-senpai remained perfectly calm and gently reassured me.

"The two of them will surely succeed."

TL Note- Long time no see, My fellow Readers , this is the translation style I use for my series now, the author caught me by suprise after releasing chapters over such a long time, I will try my best to post them as soon as possible.



Comments

Popular Posts