A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 33

Chapter 3- A memorable cooking showdown.


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


This is a story from the days of Royal Capital Academy.

While it was a school primarily for nobles, it was generally open to students from various backgrounds. Everyone had their own future goals, and there were those who aspired to become chefs. These individuals inevitably formed communities, but the school, in essence, welcomed a wide range of students.

As I mentioned earlier, there were students who aimed to become chefs while attending the academy. Along with this, there were cases where lower-class students apprenticed themselves to upperclassmen in a bridal training fashion.

"Uh, it's burnt again..."

At that time, Marin was one of them. She had an extraordinary aspiration and became the apprentice of a senior known as the best in the school. However, Marin's cooking skills, to put it politely, were not great.

"Marin, please pay more attention to the heat."

"Yes,  Aqua Senpai!"

Guiding her was Aqua Parsi, currently the most renowned chef in the capital. Aqua, a commoner-born woman, had truly exceptional cooking skills. In addition to that, her guidance was precise, elevating anyone with subpar cooking skills to an above-average level.

"Next time..."

"Ah... Marin, that's not salt, it's strong flour."

"Huh?"

At least, that was the idea. However, it seemed that Marin was quite a handful for Aqua's guidance.

I watched the two of them, working on improving my own cooking skills with a wry smile.

"They're still full of energy today..."

And, without thinking, I said that out loud.

"Marin will never seem to improve, will she?"

"Well, not really, but... at least, she's better than when she started... Wait, Liliana!?"

Without me noticing, my childhood friend, who happened to be the princess, appeared next to me. She was in an apron and had a dissatisfied expression on her face as she efficiently prepared for cooking.

"What's wrong? Is it a problem if I'm here?"

"Oh, no. It's just unusual..."

"I can cook too, you know."

"Oh, I see..."

I wonder what had irked my childhood friend. Without understanding, I changed the subject.

"Is Liliana also learning from Aqua Senpai?"

"Aqua Senpai?..."

She tilted her head slightly.

Seeing that expression, I realized that my assumption had been incorrect. I thought she was going to seek guidance from Aqua, the top student in the school. But it seemed that things had taken a different turn.

"Look at this."

"This? It's a challenge letter, right?"

"It's from Marin to me. It seems to be some kind of cooking competition."

That was quite terrifying. I involuntarily moved back a bit and could only smile.

"Sigh... Marin doesn't seem to realize how lacking her skills are. Could you talk to her, too?"

"Well... that's quite difficult."

With a dramatic shrug, Liliana said so. Apparently, she overheard our conversation.

"It seems they have finally arrived! My eternal rival, Liliana!"

"Who's your rival..."

The young lady of the Cinderius family, who was receiving special training from Aqua Senpai, came over to us as usual, taking on an arrogant attitude and bringing Aqua Senpai with her. I tried to distance myself from the group, but Liliana held onto my clothes and made me sit in a prepared chair.

"Let's begin, then."

"Yes, and Cleo will be the judge. Is that fine with you?"

"Huh?"

Wait, wait. Somehow, without my knowledge, things had progressed on their own. But now it was too late to refuse. With Aqua Senpai's proclamation, the match began.

"Uh... Well then, let's start the cooking competition between Marin and Princess Liliana!"

And before I knew it, the cheers of the audience that had gathered rose.

I broke out in a cold sweat from head to toe and found myself watching the competition fearing of my upcoming fate...

TL Note- Long time no see.......updates will be irregular as the author is releasing the raws irregularly but I am translating it as soon as possible, in the meantime you can read our other series Beast tamer if you desire so

Next

Comments

Popular Posts