The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet



Chapter 344: Utopia

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Oni clan...?"

"Is the strongest species involved in this incident?"

Oni clan... Like with Rifa, I've been having a lot of encounters with them recently.

"Can you tell me more?"

"Yes, of course. However, I don’t know much myself..."

Here's the gist of Iris's story:

The perpetrator of this incident is an oni named Alpha. She's a very unique type of oni known as a Dream Oni.

The Dream Oni have the ability to manipulate dreams freely. They can show either blissful dreams or nightmares as they wish.

It might sound like a minor ability, but it's actually quite powerful. For example, continuously showing someone a terrible nightmare. Since dreams are deeply connected to the heart, doing so can have severe effects. It's not as simple as just being mentally exhausted. It directly attacks the heart, potentially turning someone into a shell of their former self. In the worst case, the mind could be destroyed, leading to death.

While they may lack physical combat strength, Dream Oni excel in other abilities.

The Dream Oni woman named Alpha caused this incident. Using her abilities, she drew people living in Kagune, or visiting travelers, into a false reality where they believed they were happy. People trapped in the fabricated world cannot realize it’s a constructed place. Enjoying the happiness before their eyes becomes their top priority, leaving them unable to think of anything else.

"...That's the situation."

"I can't believe something like that is happening..."

I seemed to have gotten caught up in something incredible without realizing it.

But what is this Alpha aiming for? She traps the people of Kagune in dreams, which, to put it bluntly, restrains them. What purpose does she have in doing such a thing?

When I asked Iris about this, she looked very troubled.

"How can I put this... It's very hard to believe, but according to what I’ve heard, she wants to make people happy."

"Happy? How so?"

"Just as the word implies. Alpha wants to make people happy, so she uses her abilities and causes these situations. If we are to believe her words, there’s no malice, only pure good intentions. Alpha genuinely thinks people can be happier in dreams and uses her power accordingly."

Hearing Iris's words left me equally puzzled.

The root of this incident isn't malice but goodwill. I’ve been involved in many incidents, but I’ve never seen anyone acting out of goodwill. Can it really be true? It's hard to believe.

But...

No one has been harmed. So far, they are just seeing dreams. And these dreams are not nightmares but ones that make the person happy. I don't feel any malice from Alpha.

"Why would Alpha do such a thing?"

"To be honest, I don’t know. I didn’t have a deep conversation with her."

"Where is Alpha now?"

"I don’t know that either. Once the plan started moving, she disappeared. Even with my detection abilities, I couldn’t find her."

"Hmm..."

The enemy's goal and motives are a mystery. How should I handle this? How should I act? I'm a bit at a loss.

"By the way, how does Iris know so much about Alpha? You seem quite informed..."

"Uh..."

Iris had a look of panic, like a child caught doing something mischievous.

Her gaze flitted left and right before finally looking at me. Then, she stuck out her tongue playfully and spoke.

"The truth is, I ended up cooperating with Alpha."

"...What?"

"I had some business in Kagune and while I was there, Alpha approached me. She was looking for someone powerful to help with her plan. So..."

"You are a member of Heavenly Tribe, so she asked your help?"

"Yes, that's right."

"And you agreed?"

"...Yes, that’s also right."

Iris's eyes started to wander again. It seemed she was aware she had done something wrong.

"Why did you do that?"

"I was in some trouble myself and thought helping Alpha might resolve my issues. But instead of solving my problems, I ended up trapped in a dream myself."

Iris made a bitter face and clicked her tongue softly. She must have felt it was humiliating to be trapped in a dream.

"So, Iris was also trapped in a dream."

"Yes. But I managed to regain myself. Alpha's dream was gentle and comforting, but it wasn't true kindness."

"Yeah... I get that now."

My father and mother were alive, and everyone seemed happy.

It might seem like a kind, happy world at first glance.

But it doesn't feel right.

It's very distorted.

"Alpha-san is trying to make unhappy people happy. From Alpha-san's perspective, both you and I must seem unhappy."

"It may appear that way, but ultimately, it's for me to decide. Whether I'm happy or unhappy, that's something I have to determine for myself. It's something I have to bear on my own."

"Yes, exactly. Because you have that conviction, Rain-sama, you were able to wake up."

"It's thanks to you, Iris. If you hadn't spoken to me, I might still be trapped in that dream."

"Hehe, you're too modest. Rain-sama, I believe you would have awakened eventually, even if I hadn't called out to you."

Would I, though?

Iris says that, but I’m not so sure.

That world was that comfortable.

"Well, that's all the information I have for now... Rain-sama, what are you planning to do next? Will you accept Alpha-san's dream?"

"I don't think so."

Like I said earlier, I don’t believe what Alpha is doing is right.

Showing happy dreams and immersing people in a purely kind world.

It may seem right, but it’s deeply distorted.

Meeting my father and mother again made me very happy.

But in reality, they’re no longer here.

I shouldn't be able to meet them again.

If you twist such a natural truth, there will surely be a backlash somewhere.

It might sound exaggerated, but the very order of the world could be disrupted.

"In any case, I need to investigate various things. I also want to talk to Alpha."

"Wouldn't it be faster to just defeat her?"

"That depends on her response, but I'd prefer not to, if possible. She doesn't seem to have any malice. If we can resolve this through dialogue, that would be best, right?"

"*Sigh*. Rain-sama, you are still as soft-hearted as ever."

"That’s..."

"But perhaps that’s what makes you, you, Rain-sama."

Iris laughed in a resigned manner.

It was a little surprising.

I had steeled myself, thinking she would say all sorts of things...

Maybe she’s trying to be understanding?

"So, what will you do now?"

"For now, I want to check on everyone’s condition again."

TL Note- Enter the dream oni.... isn't that a succubus( female) and incubus(male).



Comments

Popular Posts