The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 345: Each Person's Happiness

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Ah, Rain! Wel...come back?"

When I returned to the inn, Kanade greeted me.

At first, she was smiling, but when her gaze shifted to Iris, her tail formed a question mark.

It then changed to an exclamation mark.

"What?! I-Iris!? Wh-Why!? Why is Iris here!?"

"It's been a while, Kanade. How have you been?"

"Yeah, I'm fine... but don't change the subject!"

Did she just change the subject?

Iris seemed to just greet her normally...

Wasn't it Kanade who got sidetracked?

"Really, it's been a long time! Um... how long has it been? How are you? How's your journey?"

A journey, huh...

It seems that in Kanade's mind, Iris went on a journey.

Memories like thinking she might be dead have been overwritten.

"Rain-sama, please go along with the conversation."

Iris whispered softly.

"Yes, the journey has been smooth."

"Oh, that's good! But why are you here?"

"It was just a coincidence. I happened to see Rain-sama here... how fateful."

"Munya... I'm happy to see Iris again, but saying it's fate feels a bit... Rain!"

"Yes?"

"Um, well, you know... Rain is our husband, right!? You can't get too close to other girls, okay!?"

"Oh my."

Iris laughed happily.

Now that she mentioned it, I had forgotten about that setup.

So many things happened in the last few hours...

I honestly forgot.

"Munya... but, but, I'm not the only wife. Tania, Sora, and Luna are too... Hmm, is it okay if Iris joins?"

"Oh my, can I join as well?"

"If Iris truly loves Rain... yes, I welcome it."

"Oh my. Thank you very much, hehe."

Don't encourage her...

Iris is definitely enjoying this.

"I have something to ask you, Kanade..."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Are you happy now?"

"Why ask that all of a sudden? Well... of course I'm happy! After all, I got to marry Rain!"

Kanade said with a radiant smile.

Her smile was so genuinely happy that it warmed my heart just seeing it.

It seems Kanade is still dreaming.

I understand that now, but...

"What is it, Rain-sama?"

Noticing my troubled expression, Iris asked softly.

"Well, how should I put it... the fact that Kanade dreams of marrying me means... that's what she desires?"

"Oh... hehe, what exactly do you mean by that? I'm not very perceptive, so you'll have to say it clearly for me to understand."

"You definitely understand..."

"What could you be referring to?"

Iris chuckled.

She still has a bit of a mischievous side.

"Well... Rain-sama may be very curious, but let's put that aside for now. We should first check everyone's current situation."

"You're right."

I'll think about it later.

For now, as Iris said, we need to understand the current situation.

"Kanade, where is everyone else?"

"Tania is in her room learning knitting from Tina. Sora and Luna are getting cooking lessons from Dad and Mom."

"Oh my, you're loved."

"...I didn't say who they were doing it for."

Despite saying we'd put it aside, Iris teases.

I can't help but wonder if Iris's wings are actually devil's wings.

"Nina and Rifa?"

"Hmm... I'm not sure about those two. I think they mentioned going somewhere, but where was it?"

"You're so vague..."

"But there's nothing to worry about. Nina is with her mother, and Rifa is with Calus!"

"Nina's mother and Calus..."

I grimaced slightly.

Nina's mother is actually missing.

We don't even know if she's alive or dead.

As for Calus...

He's no longer in this world.

I saw it with my own eyes, so there's no mistake about that.

Nina and Rifa seem to be trapped in dreams of people who are no longer here.

"Hmm..."

For now, I've managed to check on everyone's situation.

I'd like to talk face-to-face with the other members who aren't here, apart from Kanade, but that can wait until later.

More importantly, there's something I want to ask.

"Kanade... are you happy right now?"

"Mew? Why are you asking that all of a sudden?"

"Just tell me. Are you happy?"

"Yeah, of course I am! Because... hehe, I got to be with you, Rain."

"Do you want things to stay like this forever?"

"Of course!"

"Even if it's not something you achieved on your own?"

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

Kanade looks puzzled.

She wears a curious expression, which soon turns into a suspicious one.

"Huh? Come to think of it, when did I end up like this with Rain...? I feel like I was always fretting over it...? Huh?"

Perhaps Kanade hasn't fully accepted the dream she's in.

She seems to feel a slight sense of discomfort about the reality in front of her and appears restless.

"Rain-sama, in this unclear situation, it might not be wise to agitate her too much..."

"Yeah, I understand."

I don't want to force her to wake up from her dream.

So...

"I'll be waiting."

Leaving just those words, I stepped outside the inn.

"Rain-sama, are you sure about this? Kanade seemed to have a slight sense of discomfort with this reality. If we explain things clearly, she might realize the truth."

"That might be true, but... I think it won't work that way. Unless she breaks free from the dream herself, she might get trapped again. Besides..."

Is it really a bad thing to be immersed in a dream?

I'm not ready to make that judgment yet.

"What will you do next?"

"I'm concerned about Chiffon and the others."

TL Note- Is the hero(female) in danger?



Comments

Popular Posts