The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 343: Reality

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Silky silver hair.

Burning crimson eyes.

A black dress adorned with many frills.

She’s a Heavenly Tribe girl named Iris.

Could it be that she’s alive? I had thought such a thing, but for her to truly be alive...

"...Huh?"

Why did I think Iris was dead? That can't be true. Iris is right in front of me. She doesn’t look injured at all and seems to be in good spirits.

"Um... long time no see? Is that right? You look well, Iris."

"...Sigh."

After staring at me for a moment, for some reason, Iris sighed. She seemed somewhat exasperated.

But then, as if resigning herself, she changed her expression. Her usual smile disappeared, and she asked me with a serious face.

"Do you believe that the current reality is the true reality, Rain-sama?"

"Huh? What do you mean by that...?"

"The scene you see before you. The people standing in front of you now. Do they truly exist? Are they real?"

"That... is..."

Iris's words strongly shake my heart. The sense of unease I’ve felt since this morning grows larger and becomes impossible to ignore.

Am I... forgetting something? No, that's not it. It's not that I'm forgetting; it's that I can't see it. What I once took for granted is being replaced by something else. My memories are... being rewritten.

What are those memories? What have I lost? The answer is...

"Ugh...!?"

A severe headache forces me to my knees.

I don't want to remember. But I have to remember.

Two conflicting emotions rage in my head. The pain from these emotions shakes my heart.

"Ah... Ugh... These memories..."

About my father and mother. About Kanade and Tania, everyone. About Iris. Various memories rush through my mind.

My instincts warn me not to proceed any further. But that can’t be... If I stop here, it would be a betrayal. A betrayal of myself.

So, no matter what lies ahead, no matter what awaits me, I will move forward!

"...Ah."

The sound of breaking glass echoes in my head. The headache vanishes as if it were a lie. At the same time, the correct memories flood back all at once.

"Damn... what the hell...?"

Though the headache is gone, the sudden rush of information leaves me confused. As I hold my head, Iris speaks to me with concern.

"Rain-sama, are you alright...? You’re confused, aren’t you? I understand because I went through the same thing."

"Iris... is that you?"

"Yes, it is."

"You’re... alive..."

"Fufu, from the looks of it, you’ve regained your true memories. I'm relieved. If you had been completely taken in, I wouldn’t know what to do... kyah!?"

"Iris!"

Overwhelmed by emotion, I hugged Iris tightly. She let out an uncharacteristically cute voice, but I couldn't let go.

"Thank goodness... You’re really alive, thank goodness..."

"Um, Rain-sama? It’s not proper for a gentleman to suddenly hug a maiden, you know?"

"Sorry... But just a little longer."

"...Good grief, you’re hopeless. Just a little longer, alright?"

"Yeah... just a little longer."

Iris smiled softly and allowed herself to be embraced by me.

――――――――――

"…Sorry. I'm okay now."

After about five minutes, I calmed down and let go of Iris. She responded with a teasing smile.

"Oh my, are you alright now? I was hoping to enjoy a more passionate hug for a bit longer."

"…Please, don't say that. I was just so happy to see you alive that I got carried away."

"Fufu, thank you. It makes me genuinely happy to know that my presence brings you such joy."

Iris laughed softly. It wasn't the fake smile I had seen before. This was Iris's genuine smile.

"There are many things I want to ask you…"

How did she survive in that situation? What has she been doing since then? Why is she here in Kagune?

There are countless things I want to ask. But there's something I need to prioritize.

"First, we need to address this situation…"

"Yes, indeed. You may have many questions, but please be patient for now. If we don't overcome this situation, discussing anything else will be meaningless."

Iris suggested we sit on a bench in the town square to talk calmly. As I sat beside her, I carefully chose my words and began to speak.

"Is the scene before us… fake? Is it some kind of illusion or dream?"

"The answer is both yes and no."

"What do you mean?"

"What kind of impossible situation have you experienced, Rain-sama?"

"Um… there are several things, but the biggest one is that my father and mother are alive and running an inn here for some reason."

"I see…"

"From the way you're speaking, Iris, you've experienced something impossible as well, haven't you?"

"Yes, much like you, Rain-sama. I reunited with my deceased family and friends."

"…I'm sorry for asking such a strange question."

"Please don't apologize. If you must, then I too should apologize for asking you the same kind of question."

Iris smiled, indicating it was no problem.

Seeing that smile, I felt a sense of discomfort. It's not that I think this Iris is fake now, but… Her smile seems different from before. It's softer, kinder… like the thorns have been removed.

"Is something wrong?"

Iris asked curiously as I stared at her face.

"Oh, no, it's nothing. So, it's true that both Iris and I have experienced something impossible?"

"Yes. Reuniting with people who should be dead… it's an impossible thing."

"Logically, it would be some sort of illusion or fake. But…"

It feels extraordinarily real… My father and mother didn't seem like illusions or fakes at all. They truly existed there and seemed alive.

"Your parents are real, Rain-sama. They are not illusions or fakes but are indeed your parents from your memories."

"So, it is true…"

"However, they are like illusions. They exist there but do not exist. They are things that should not have been."

"It's a complicated story… So, you're saying that my father and mother are illusions created by someone?"

"Yes, exactly. However, even though they are illusions, you can touch them and actually have conversations with them. They are living illusions, so to speak."

"Living illusions…"

Many questions arise, but the fundamental mystery remains:

Why do such things exist?

"Do you understand what's happening now, Iris?"

"Yes, I do. This incident is the work of a single individual. His name is Alpha, a member of the Oni tribe."

TL Note- Alpha coming in.....



Comments

Popular Posts