The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 163-Farewell

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

We have been allowed to act as an investigative team under special circumstances. 

However, that does not mean the extermination squad will wait for us to fight Iris. 

We need to prepare to fight Iris and be ready to engage in combat immediately if she appears.

Even though she is Iris, it will be difficult for her to face this many adventurers and knights alone. Despite her power, both physical and magical, there are limits to what she can do alone. Eventually, she will reach her limit and be defeated.

Before that happens, I have to stop her. I have a method to seal her away, rather than kill her. It is a race against time, and we need to act quickly.

"Hey, Rain!" 


The meeting was over, and we were leaving the tent to return to the inn where everyone was waiting. However, Axe called out to me and stopped me.

"Well, I knew you wouldn't just let us go like that. You and Cel don't know anything about it," 

I thought to myself as I stopped and turned to face Axe and Cel.

"Is what you said at the meeting serious?" asked Axe.

"Searching for a way to seal Iris?" asked Cel.

"Yes, that's right. I'm serious," I replied.

"Why?" Axe's face turned stern.


"She's a demon. She destroyed the village and killed many people. If we let her live, the same thing will happen again. The same sadness will spread. Is that okay with you?"

 Axe may have something on his mind. He questioned me with passion and conviction.

Cel interjected. "Calm down."

"But-" Ax started to object.

"It's okay, calm down. Ax can't discuss things calmly right now. First, we need to hear Rain's situation... isn't that right?"

 Cel said, turning her calm gaze towards me.

"Okay, I got it," said Ax, reluctantly stepping back.

Cel then said, "I understand Rain's thoughts. I don't agree, but I understand."

"I see," I replied.

"However, why did you come to such a conclusion? The higher-ups have decided to exterminate the demon, and it's only natural to think that we can't leave such an entity alone. So why did you choose to seal it?" Cel questioned.

"That's because..." 

I hesitated for a moment, but then I decided to tell them everything. I told them about Iris's past, the source of her hatred, and my feelings.

" I didn't want to kill her, but I couldn't let her go unchecked. So I had to at least seal her away to stop her."

"I see."


Cell calmly listened to my story.


However, Axe...


"What the hell are you gonna do, sympathizing with the enemy!?"


He was angry.


Having touched Iris's emotions and been stained with her color, Axx was angry.


It was a face I had never seen before.


It was clear that he was really angry.


"They've killed many people! Just because they've had a terrible past, do you think that makes it okay?!"


"It's not okay."


"Then..."


"But if you're going to say that, isn't it also true that we who killed Iris's friends and family are not forgiven?"


"That's... but that was the stupid things of the past!"


Axe was right.


It was right, but...


The truth that is always right sometimes leaves emotions behind.


It leads to an answer without emotions.


But we are human.


We have emotions.


We cannot help but think about Iris's heart.


"Are you going to leave that kind of guy alone? I'm telling you, there's absolutely no possibility that they will repent. I can assure you. They will kill people again."


"I know. We agree on that."


"Then..."


"That's why I'm going to take the sealing method. I don't want Iris to pile up more sins... I don't want her to die... so I'll seal Iris."


"That's a selfish thing to do..."


"Oh, yeah. That's right. This is my selfishness. My selfishness of not wanting Iris to die."


"...This is a useless conversation!"


Axe kicked the ground in frustration.


I feel sorry for making him do that...


But I can't give in.


"...May I say one thing?"


This time, Cel spoke up.


"For example, let's say that Rain and the others you know about the demons... and let's say they go berserk again before we find a way to seal Iris. And let's say they kill someone. Will you take responsibility?"


"...No, I can't."


"I understand that. But even so, won't Rain change his mind?"


"I won't."


To show my intention, I said firmly.


"If we're going to talk about responsibility, we have to take responsibility for Iris. We can't allow ourselves to just kill her without doing anything."


"But the other side is a killer."


"But it's people's fault that it turned out that way. It's also their own doing."


"Do you really think it's worth helping her?"


"I don't care about the value. I just want to do it."


"What a ridiculous reason."


"That's why I said it earlier, didn't I? This is my selfishness."


I don't want Iris to suffer anymore.


She's been through so much until now...


Isn't it okay to let her rest slowly?


Is it wrong to think that way?


"Sigh..."


Cel let out a sigh.


It was the sigh of resignation or perhaps breaking of our bonds...


"...I understand. Rain and the others can do as they please."


"Hey, Cel! Are you really going to let them do whatever they want!?"


"It can't be helped. They have such strong willpower. Besides, do you think we can force Rain and his group to do anything? Can we use force against the strongest species and Rain, who commands them? "


"Well..."


"We can't, can we? So, we have no choice but to let them be."


Saying that...


Cel took a step back.


The distance between me and Cel seemed close but infinitely far away.


It was only a difference of one step...


But I instinctively realized that the distance couldn't be bridged no matter what.


"You can do as you please with Rain. We won't stop you."


"Thank you."


"But...we can't cooperate."


"I see."


"Yeah, that's right. As Cel said, we can't stay with Rain any longer."


It was a declaration of parting.


...I had expected this to happen.


The two of them were first-rate adventurers.


They lived by faithfully following contracts and organization orders.


I thought it was unlikely that they would become allies.


But when the time for parting came, there was a sense of loneliness.


We were companions who had traveled together for a short time.


The separation of companions...it was still sad.


"We're saying goodbye here. It was a short time, but it was fun."


"I had fun too."


"Meow...thank you."


Kanade, who had been silently watching, murmured this with a slightly sad expression.


She, too, seemed to have trusted the two of them in her own way and was feeling lonely.


"We're going our separate ways, but be careful, Rain."


"Hmph...you're talking nonsense. Sorry, but I can't go along with you."


"Well, since this is farewell, can't you give a proper greeting?"


"I don't have any words for these kind people."


Axe's face looked complicated, even though he spoke coldly.


Although he said harsh words, he still cared about us.


...I felt a pain in my chest, having to part with these two people like this.


Even so.


I had decided to walk forward.


I had decided to save Iris.


So, I didn't show any regretful expression...


And instead, held out my hand while looking forward.


"See you again."


"...Yeah."


"Let's both do our best."


I shook hands with Axe and Cel...then quietly let go of their hands.


And so, the bond between us and Axe and Cel was cut.


TL Note- My new translation style, please give your feedback in the comments or on our discord server.


Next


Prev


Comments

Popular Posts