The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 638: It's extremely troublesome to make an enemy of the strongest species.

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Sora, Luna, and Tina took on Arieile.

The Dragon Tribe's Arieile was an all-rounder.

Sora and Luna alone would have been at a disadvantage, but with Tina, who fought in a tricky and unpredictable manner, joining them, they were able to bring the battle to an even footing.

Meanwhile, Nina and Nokia-san, along with Finia and Sakura, took on Verg.

Verg created clones from his shadows and fought back with numbers.

However, thanks to the teamwork between Nina and Nokia-san, as well as the combination of Finia and Sakura, we were able to keep the battle at an advantage of at least an even footing.

And as for me...

"Die!"

I was engaged in battle with the Cat Spirit Tribe girl named Mitsuki.

She accelerated with explosive speed, instantly appearing right in front of me.

With that momentum, she swung her fist, trying to kill me just as she had declared.

"Guh!"

I dodged her punch by leaning my upper body backward.

It had been a close call, but it wasn't as if I couldn't see her attacks.

"You actually chose to fight right away!"

"Shut up! I don't need a lecture!"

"You...!"

Reckless, or perhaps simply charging forward without thinking.

The only way to stop her was to incapacitate her.

Having reached that conclusion, I shifted into a proper combat stance.

It felt as though I was concentrating my awareness and flipping a switch deep inside my mind.

My thoughts gradually cooled, and my field of vision widened.

"You're annoying! Die!"

Mitsuki spat the words sharply and unleashed alternating punches and kicks.

Fast, sharp, and heavy.

If even one of them landed cleanly, it would probably be all over.

But I wouldn't allow that.

"This guy...!?"

I dodged Mitsuki's attacks.

Or deflected them.

Once I reduced the number of hits I took to zero, Mitsuki's expression changed to one of surprise.

She probably had never struggled against anyone before.

With that strength of hers, she had probably overwhelmed every enemy she had ever faced.

That was why she was so shaken.

You could call it overconfidence.

And that gave me an opening to exploit.

"Aegis!"

"Nya!?"

I deployed a shield and blocked Mitsuki's fist.

The specially made gauntlets created by Gantz could deploy an incredibly sturdy magical shield.

Because Mitsuki had carelessly punched it without any warning, she let out a small cry, and her tail began trembling violently.

With her movements stopped, I fired a wire and caught her.

Using the centrifugal force, I threw Mitsuki through the air...

"Fireball: Multi-Shot!"

And bombarded her with a barrage of fireballs.

Cat Spirit Tribe members were normally weak against magic, so ordinarily, she shouldn't have been able to defend against it.

"You... Don't underestimate me!!!"

Mitsuki became enraged and tore the wire apart by force.

Then, by kicking off the air itself, she moved in a way that ignored inertia, minimizing the number of hits she took.

But I had already anticipated that it wouldn't be that easy.

"Come!"

I summoned dagger after dagger and hurled them at her in rapid succession.

"What!?"

"How about this?"

"Just where are you getting that many from... Ah, geez! You're so annoying!"

I was throwing them with nearly all my strength, yet Mitsuki managed to dodge every single one.

What incredible physical ability.

She was on the same level as Kanade... No.

Could she possibly be even stronger than Kanade?

However...

Even if her physical abilities were extraordinary, what about everything else?

"Fireball: Multi-Shot!"

"Hmph, is that the only trick you know?"

I fired another barrage of fireballs, and Mitsuki casually dodged them.

However, it seemed she was wary of magic.

Rather than immediately counterattacking, she maintained a certain distance as if observing me.

Yeah.

I had expected her to do that.

"What are you, anyway? For a human, you're doing pretty well."

"You too."

"Don't call me 'you.' I have a name, you know. It's Mitsuki."

"You're okay with me calling you by your name?"

"Sure. I don't really care about something like that."

"I see."

As we talked like this, I couldn't sense any malice from her.

She was a little foul-mouthed.

And she was rather quick to pick a fight.

But she didn't seem like a bad person.

Even though she complained and grumbled, she was doing her best for Reinhardt.

That was probably what it was.

I could sense a genuine bond between them.

It was a relationship I envied.

We would have to keep building trust with one another every day so that we wouldn't lose out to them.

But that aside...

I needed to focus on the battle now.

Actually, I should just end it.

"Then, Mitsuki."

"What?"

"For now, I'm going to restrain you and make you tell me what I want to know."

"Hmph. If you think you can, go ahead and try."

"That's exactly what I'll do."

"Nya!?"

I fired several fireballs again.

Startled by the fireballs, Mitsuki retreated...

Her body suddenly swayed, and she collapsed onto her knees.

"Huh, huh...? My body..."

"I borrowed this guy's power."

A bee landed on the fingertip I held out into the air.

It was an Aruby, a bee that possessed paralyzing venom.

Normally, poison wouldn't work against members of the strongest species, but...

Aruby's venom was generated from magical power.

Therefore, it was effective against the Cat Spirit Tribe, who were weak against magic.

"U-uuuu... H-how could I lose to something like this...!"

Mitsuki glared at me resentfully.

TL Note- End?



Comments

Popular Posts