The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 371: Surprise Attack...

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Alpha-san!"

I lifted up Alpha-san, who was lying on the floor.

When I touched her wrist to check her pulse, I found a faint but definite response.

She was breathing as well.

"Lord Rain, how is Alpha-san?"

"She's weakened, but it seems we've managed to save her for now."

"I see... That's a relief. While she did cause quite a troublesome incident, I wouldn’t say she’s truly evil."

"That's true. But still, what happens next..."

Causing such a big incident...

I don’t think it’s possible for her to go unpunished entirely.

The strongest beings don’t exactly belong to human society, but...

Even so, when something happens, we can’t just leave it entirely unchecked.

If we did, they'd act without restraint.

Though no real harm was done, so I don’t think it’ll be too severe...

"Hmm... maybe I should ask Rezona-san for help, just in case."

"Krios... She's an acquaintance of mine who lives in a town full of ogre folk. I think she'll be able to help."

"My, Lord Rain, you've built quite the network of connections, haven’t you? How exactly do you manage to win them over?"

"Your phrasing..."

It’s not like I’m seducing anyone.

Besides, Rezona-san is Rifa's mother. There’s no way I’d make a move on a comrade’s mother.

"Anyway, let's get down from the tower."

"Indeed."

As Alpha-san remained unconscious, the mist began to clear.

The tower, too, continued its subtle tremors, hinting at its imminent collapse.

――――――――――

"Is everyone okay!?"

"Meow, I'm fine!"

The collapse of the tower became increasingly violent...

Just as we descended a little, the tower vanished, dissolving into the air.

If we had stayed, we would have been thrown into the sky.

The thought gave me chills.

Everyone was safe.

Iris was safe.

And Alpha-san was unharmed too.

"Alright, I guess we can call this a successful escape."

"Hey, Rain. In the end, what exactly happened?"

"We rushed to your side, but... we still don't really know the full story."

"And Iris is here with us like it's the most normal thing."

"Hehe, there's a lot behind that."

"I'll explain everything later. But for now..."

I glanced around.

"Meow? What's up, Rain?"

"I'm keeping watch... and wondering if there are any dogs around."

"Dogs... what are you planning to do?"

"Monica should be nearby. She might still be hiding somewhere, keeping an eye on us."

"Monica... I really don't like her..."

Remembering the bitter fight from before, Kanade's tail drooped sadly.

"I want to use some dogs to keep a lookout for us... but is that going to be difficult?"

Dogs have an excellent sense of smell, but without a scent to track, it’s hard for them to follow anything.

They’re sensitive to ill intentions, so they might bark if something seems off... but who knows?

"Lord Rain, if that's the case, shall I scout the area for you?"

"Are you sure?"

"I can fly alone, and I’m familiar with Monica’s presence. I believe I’m the best suited for the task."

"Well, that is true..."

I couldn't help but worry whether she'd simply disappear. That concern must have shown on my face, as Iris gave a small laugh.

"Hehe, you don’t need to worry about that."

"Uh, right..."

"Now that I’ve revealed myself, it would be rude to hide again... Besides, I’d like to talk with you too, Lord Rain. I promise I won’t run away and will return properly."

"Ah... sorry, I didn’t mean to doubt you."

"No, I’m glad you’re concerned. Hehe."

Iris spread her eight wings.

"Well then, I’ll be off."

"Be careful."

"Hehe, who do you think I am? I am the strongest of the strongest, after all."

――――――――――

"…It seems there’s no particular problem."

Having flown over the city of Kagune, Iris reached that conclusion.

She had been on alert, searching for Monica’s presence or appearance, but she couldn't detect even a trace.

While Monica could freely manipulate illusions...

There was no way she could completely evade Iris's keen eyes.

It was inconceivable that Monica could hide without leaving any trace of her presence.

Therefore, Iris concluded that Monica was no longer around.

"Nevertheless, I'm quite exhausted..."

Long hours of battle.

And the full-on attack after transitioning to a heightened state.

The fatigue was overwhelming, and I felt like I could fall asleep if I let my guard down.

"Well then, let’s return to the inn where we’re supposed to meet. I’ll inform Lord Rain that there are no issues… and then, what should we do? If possible, I’d like to be with Lord Rain..."

"...Ahaha, too bad♪"

"…!?"

A sudden burst of laughter echoed,

"…Gah!!!?"

A sharp pain struck Iris’s chest, and she let out a silent scream.

Looking down, she saw a hand emerging from her own chest.

The hand had broken through her flesh, stained with blood.

At the end of the hand, a glowing orb was clutched.

"This… is…!?"

"It seems even you can't do anything about an attack that leaps through space, especially when you’re so tired… Ahahaha! The legendary gear, the Rainbow Crystal, is indeed powerful."

"You… you’re from the hero’s party…!"

"I’m Lin. But you don’t need to remember that. You won’t survive this wound anyway, ahahaha!"

"Ugh…!"

"You were full of intentions to betray us, weren’t you? We saw right through you. So, we’re giving you your just desserts here. That’s our real purpose, Monica’s and mine. Oh, and by the way, since your power is so precious, I’ll be taking all of it for myself."

"Y-you…!"

Iris grasped the hand emerging from her chest, trying to claw at it.

At least, I want to take this enemy down with me...!

But her strength failed her.

Her entire body was rapidly growing cold, and her vision went dark.

"...Lord Rain..."

Murmuring the name of her beloved, Iris lost consciousness.

TL Note- Is Iris dead?



Comments

Popular Posts