The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 365: To the top floor

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


I managed to successfully fend off Chiffon.

Now, only Alpha remains.

I'll either talk or use force to make her lift the barrier.

Then it will be over.

"But… what should I do about Chiffon?"

I can't just leave the unconscious Chiffon here alone.

I don’t think she’ll be a threat anymore, so I could wait until she wakes up, but…

Now that Chiffon has been defeated, I don't know what Alpha will do next, so I want to hurry if possible.

That said, I can't just leave Chiffon unattended...

"Oh, Rain-sama?"

Iris appeared as she ascended the stairs.

Behind her were Mille-feuille and Chocolat.

Seeing them together, I get the feeling they’ve reconciled.

"Chiffon!"

Mille-feuille and Chocolat rushed to the fallen Chiffon.

They immediately lifted her up and checked her complexion.

"She's fine, she's just unconscious. I don't think she's seriously injured."

"Did you do this, Rain?"

"To be able to hold back against someone like Chiffon… you must have had a lot of restraint."

"…I think Chiffon was conflicted deep down. That’s why she couldn’t go all out."

If Chiffon had truly wanted to reject me, she could have used her ultimate trump card… her magic sword.

If she had unleashed such a powerful attack, who knows what might have happened.

But Chiffon didn’t do that.

She only fought with her sword; she didn’t even attempt to use her magic sword or any magic at all.

She probably wasn’t aware of it herself, but she was definitely hesitant.

That hesitation became a shackle that restrained her actions.

"Mille-feuille, Chocolat, can you stay here and watch over Chiffon? We can’t just leave her alone here, and someone needs to stay behind."

"I don’t mind, but…"

"…Rain, are you planning to finish this?"

"Yeah, I'm going to end it."

I firmly nodded in response to Chocolat's question.

"I see… I’ll leave it to you."

"Leave it to me."

It seems that Mille-feuille and Chocolat have accepted that this dream needs to end.

Iris must have done something, but…

What exactly did she do?

I'm curious, but I'll get my answers later.

For now, I need to move forward.

"Iris, shall we go?"

"Yes, as you command, Rain-sama…"

I climbed the stairs with Iris by my side.

We ascended several floors, but no new enemies appeared.

Strange?

It feels like we should be reaching the top floor soon.

Yet, instead of the defenses getting stronger, they’re thinning out… could it be that this is the end?

Were Chiffon and the others the final defense, with nothing beyond them?

Alpha seems like a cautious and shrewd person… I didn’t think it would be this easy.

Even if Chiffon and the others were defeated, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a second or third line of defense.

"Rain-sama."

"Yes?"

"It’s natural to have doubts, but for now, let’s focus on what’s in front of us. The answers will come naturally."

"…You're right."

Iris is right.

It’s better not to let these doubts cloud my thoughts.

We're almost at Alpha's throat… I must stay as alert as possible.

"Thank you, Iris. Thanks to you, I can stay calm."

"Not at all, it’s my pleasure. Right now, I’m just like a loyal servant to you, Rain-sama."

"What does that mean?"

"Hehe, it's just how I feel."

I kind of get it, but also kind of don’t…?

Wait, I'm getting distracted again.

I need to focus… focus.

Right now, I must concentrate on resolving the situation with Alpha.

And then…

"This is the top floor…"

"It seems so."

I can see the sky, and there are no more stairs.

This must be the end.

The top floor is much larger than the previous floors.

It’s about ten times wider in both length and width.

It’s so vast, I wonder how it's constructed.

"I’ve been waiting for you."

As soon as we reached the top of the stairs, Alpha was standing there.

There was no one else.

Strange?

There should be a third party responsible for creating these monsters…

Are they controlling things remotely from outside the tower?

Remaining cautious...

For now, let's focus on the conversation with Alpha.

"We've come this far, Alpha. I'm going to stop your dream."

"Hehe, shall we settle this, then?"

Iris and I both took our stances.

Seeing this, Alpha's expression grew slightly tense.

"…May I ask you one last time? Will you not accept my dream?"

"No," we both replied in unison, without hesitation.

"I'm not here to deny everything about your dream, Alpha. If it's for temporary refuge, I don't see a problem with that. But staying lost in a dream forever is wrong. It's a mistake. No matter how hard you try, you can't escape from the pain. In fact, it weakens your heart, leaving you more vulnerable to even greater damage. No matter how painful reality is, we have to face it and grow stronger."

"I allowed myself to be swayed by your words and lent you my strength… But precisely because of that, I must correct my mistake. Are you prepared for that?"

"So, that's your answer after all…"

Alpha let out a small sigh.

She must have anticipated our response.

She must have known that we wouldn’t yield.

In that case, all that remains is for us to clash our beliefs.

And… the one left standing in the end will be the victor.

"In that case…"

Alpha's expression hardened.

She radiated a fierce fighting spirit, so intense it seemed to heat the very air around us.

And then…

"…Phew."

She let out another small sigh.

At the same time, the intense aura dissipated.

The stern expression vanished, replaced by a calm demeanor.

As Iris and I stood there, puzzled by this sudden change…

"I understand. I will accept your words and willingly release the dream."

Alpha said those unexpected words.

TL Note- Will the end be so anti-climatic?



Comments

Popular Posts