The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter  364: Look forward

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Why...!?"

Chiffon glared at me in response to my answer.

She was even showing signs of anger at not being able to understand.

Chiffon readied her sword. She seemed to be in an extremely agitated state, her breathing ragged. If I gave the wrong answer, she would likely strike at me again.

But...

I lowered the hand that held Kamui. Then, I opened my mouth to speak.

"Because..."

Since coming to this town, I was briefly trapped in a dream...

And ever since then, I've had something on my mind. I've been thinking about it constantly.

I originally intended to talk about this with Alpha-san... but now, I have to get Chiffon to understand.

"Even if you dream, you can't really be happy. You're just postponing your sadness."

"That's not..."

"But it is. Even if the dead were to come back to life... they might have another accident, or they might fall ill. They’ll grow old. Eventually, you’ll have to experience the pain of losing them all over again."

"That’s..."

"In the end, it's nothing more than a temporary measure. The happiness you feel will be matched by an equal amount of sadness. Repeating the same thing over and over again has no meaning."

"But... even so, being able to see the people I loved again..."

"Yeah, you're right. That would be something to be happy about."

To be honest, I was happy too. Seeing my father and mother again made me so happy I could almost cry.

"But you know, that's not the point."

"What do you mean...?"

"No matter how painful it was, it's because of that past that I am who I am now."

My hometown was attacked by monsters, and my father, mother, and all the villagers died...

It was so sad, and I cried for so long. If it were possible, I wished so many times for them to come back to life.

But...

It’s by overcoming that past that I am who I am now. The painful and sad things, all of it is part of who I am.

"To dream here is to erase that past. It's like denying your own existence... That’s just too lonely, isn’t it?"

"That... but..."

"The death of someone important to you is, in a way, a crucial part of what makes you who you are. You could even call it a memory engraved on your soul. If you forget that and lose yourself in a dream... the true souls of the deceased won’t find peace."

"..."

"More than anything..."

There are words I want to convey to those who wish to dream. Words I want to resonate in Alpha-san’s and Chiffon’s hearts.

And now, I speak them.

"Could you really show your beloved ones a side of you that's just running away from reality?"

"!?..."

"Even if you reunite with them in a dream, their soul isn't really there. They're probably with God, watching over us. And yet, losing yourself in a dream and wallowing in false happiness... How would you feel if they saw you like that? I think it would be embarrassing."

"I... I..."

"My father and mother were very kind people. Even if I were lost in a dream, they would probably just look troubled but wouldn’t get angry. But... if I had the chance, I’d want to show them my best self, right? Not the part of me that’s escaping reality, but the part that stands strong against the harshness of reality. By doing that, I want to truly let my father and mother rest in peace. Isn’t that right, Chiffon?"

"..."

Chiffon’s sword slowly lowered. She hung her head, her gaze falling to the ground.

What kind of expression is she making now? What is she thinking about?

I don’t know. I don’t know, but I trust that my words will reach her as I continue to express my thoughts.

"Deep down, you understand too, don’t you, Chiffon? That you can't go on like this. That you need to face forward and keep walking."

"That’s not... true..."

"If you keep running away and immersing yourself in dreams, you’ll only decay as a person. You understand that logic, and you also understand the emotional side of things—that you wouldn’t be able to face the souls of those you truly care about. Chiffon, you’re a smart person. Even if I hadn’t said anything, you probably already realized it, even if just a little."

"That’s not true... I wanted to dream...!"

Chiffon looked up at me, her expression desperate, and then...

"Then why do you look like you’re in so much pain?"

"!?..."

Chiffon’s face twisted with emotion. 

A mix of feelings—wanting to cry, wanting to be angry, wanting to run away... Her expression was a complex blend of all these emotions.

"Chiffon, you must understand that things can’t go on like this... You're chosen as a hero, so your heart can’t be this weak. You’ve only stopped moving forward for just a little while."

"I..."

"So... it's time to wake up. Reality might be harsh, painful, and so unforgiving that you want to cry, but..."

"I...!"

"But that’s not all there is. There are still things that are warm. There are still things that are kind. So..."

"I...!!!"

With the force of someone coughing up blood, Chiffon screamed.

"!!!"

Her eyes filled with tears as she glared at me. It felt like she was making one last stand. She kicked off the ground and closed the distance between us in an instant.

Fine.

If she truly can’t control her emotions, then I will set things right. I will sever Chiffon's lingering regrets, her sorrow, and everything else holding her back.

So... stop crying already.

"Uaaahhh!!!"

The Evil Eye... Activate!

"Wha—?!"

Chiffon's body trembled violently, and she suddenly stopped moving.

When it was revealed that I gained the Evil Eye through my contract with Rifa... Chiffon and the others were asleep, so they didn’t know about it. I had some concerns about controlling it, but...

I kept it as my trump card for moments like this.

That decision was the right one. I was able to use it at the perfect moment...

I managed to stop Chiffon’s movements at the optimal time.

"Now, sleep."

I ran past Chiffon, striking her with Kamui as I passed. Naturally, I hit her with the flat of the blade to avoid cutting her.

"...Ah..."

I felt the blow connect. Chiffon’s legs gave out...

"I'm sorry... Rain-kun..."

She apologized one last time before losing consciousness.

TL Note- Our Hero Won.......right?



Comments

Popular Posts