The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet



Chapter 357: The discomfort is great, the anxiety is great

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


 Alpha-san believes that dreaming brings happiness, but we don't agree with her.

The conversation is completely at an impasse, and at this point, there is no peaceful resolution in sight.

Who is right? We can only settle this with strength.

" Alpha-san  mentioned she would be waiting at her castle. Is there even a castle in Kagune?"
"For now, let's head to a place where we can overlook the town."

Iris and I head to the town's entrance, where a lookout post is set up to watch for monsters and thieves.

We jump onto the roof of the lookout post.

"Hey, what are you doing up there?"

The guard on the lookout post noticed us and asked in confusion. Iris responded with a smile.

"Don't worry. We're just taking a short break."

Couldn't she come up with a better excuse? As sweat dripped down, I scanned the town. Despite the fog impairing visibility, I could still see what I needed to.

In the center of the town, a tower stood. It wasn't very wide, but it was incredibly tall, piercing through the clouds.

I would have noticed something like that despite the fog, but it must have been cleverly hidden by Alpha-san 's power.

Revealing it now meant she was welcoming us, signaling her intention to settle this.

"Let's go, Rain."
"Yeah."

 Alpha-san  must have been quite determined to cause this incident. However, our resolve was just as strong. We can clearly state that this is wrong, and thus, we will confront and defeat it head-on.

Soon, we reached the vicinity of the tower. It was likely once a park, with rich nature surrounding the unnaturally towering structure.

There were no guards. No gatekeepers. It seemed like  Alpha-san  was inviting us in.

Nevertheless, we weren't naive enough to fully trust that. She must have already deemed us enemies. It was certain we'd face some kind of interference, so we proceeded cautiously.

"It's quite unfortunate that Kanade and the others aren't here at a time like this."
"They'll probably be fine."
"What do you mean?"
"Even if they're dreaming now, they will wake up. I believe in them."
"You trust your companions."
"Of course."

I couldn't say there was no anxiety at all, but precisely because of times like this, I wanted to rely on and believe in my companions.

"That's wonderful. I'm a bit envious of the relationship you and your companions have, Rain."
"Is that a compliment?"
"Certainly."
"Um... thanks?"
"You're welcome."

Now, let's step into the tower...

"Wait, hold on."
"What's the matter?"
"Continuing our earlier conversation... I trust you too, Iris."
"What?"
"Even though we fought before, I now trust you as a reliable ally."
"..."
"I'd like to call you a companion, but I haven't received your consent yet... why are you staring at me like that?"

Iris made a face I hadn't seen before. Was it amusing? Thinking seriously about that, Iris giggled softly.

"Hehe... you really are something, Rain."
"Wh-what's so funny?"
"Oh, nothing at all."

Even though she said that...

"Rain is Rain, and that's that."
"I have no idea what you mean."
"That's fine. Now, let's go."

Iris took my hand, looking somewhat amused, and opened the tower door. There was no sense that we were about to confront  Alpha-san.

Well... I decided not to think too deeply about it.

"Rain."
"Yeah."

After composing myself, Iris and I stepped into the tower.

The tower's interior was very simple. It was about twenty meters in both width and length, and roughly five meters high.

In the corner of the room, stairs leading to the upper levels could be seen. Besides that, there was nothing particularly notable.

"It's a simple room."
"Exactly, which makes traps all the more suspicious."

I wanted to tame a mouse or something to scout the room, but unfortunately, there were no small animals around.

"Rain, leave this to me."
"What are you going to do?"
"It's simple."

Iris flashed a bright smile and then,

"Come forth, flames of the otherworld."

She suddenly set the entire room ablaze.

"Iris!?"
"It seems there are no traps."
"Wh-what are you doing all of a sudden...?"
"Investigating every nook and cranny is tedious, so I decided to quickly burn the room."

...

Tania often talks about burning things down, but I never thought someone would actually do it.

Maybe Iris and Tania would get along well.

"Are you planning to burn every floor as we go up?"
"Yes, that's my intention."
"Won't you get tired?"
"No problem at all. My summoning magic has no restrictions, and the magic consumption is very efficient."

"Got it. I'll leave it to you."

I gave up on arguing and decided to go with the flow.

"But..."

Iris sharpened her gaze and looked towards the stairs. I drew my sword, Kamui, in response.

"It seems we have company."
"Yeah, it does."

Descending the stairs were numerous monsters.

TL Note- Third party intervenes?



Comments

Popular Posts