The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 324 Next generation

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

The party went on late into the night.

The threat of the stampede that had been looming for a while was finally resolved.

The joy was immense, not just for the adults but for the kids as well, even if the kids were only drinking juice instead of alcohol.

Such a party took place...

And the next day.

More than half of the adults in town were severely hungover.

"Ugh... Damn, my head hurts. I never thought I'd get a hangover... Damn, I'm pathetic."

"I definitely drank too much... It's bad, my head seriously hurts. It's seriously painful."

On my way to visit Mr. Kais's mansion, I saw Rezona and Al collapsed on the floor, twitching like fish washed up on land.

It seemed they went overboard with the drinking. Although the strongest types were typically immune to hangovers, there were a ton of empty bottles lying around them, indicating that even the strongest types could get a hangover with that much drinking.

Meanwhile, everyone else was still asleep. Although they weren't as hungover as Rezona and Al, they stayed up late and were likely still catching up on sleep.

I needed to discuss the future with Mr. Kais, but I could relay that information to everyone else later.

So, I went alone to see him.

"Sorry, the master is currently attending to an unexpected visitor... I'm terribly sorry, but could you please wait here for a while?"

"Ah, okay, understood."

I wasn't able to meet with Mr. Kais immediately and was directed to wait in one of the guest rooms. I sat down on the sofa and took a sip of the tea that had been served.

"Mr. Kais must be busy... but of course, he is."

Given that this was after the unprecedented incident of repeated stampedes, there was a lot to do—reconstruction of the town, helping those who were injured, reviewing the defense systems, and planning future precautions.

With so much work to do, it wasn't surprising that unexpected matters arose, so I had no complaints. I wasn't particularly busy, so I could afford to relax.

"It might actually be a good chance to gather my thoughts."

A lot had happened recently, and I hadn't had the time to really reflect on everything. This seemed like a good opportunity to get my head straight.

The main question I needed to think about was, how should I move forward from here?

Continuing as an adventurer wouldn't change, but I might need to establish some kind of guiding principle. Just taking on requests as they came without a clear direction seemed risky.

Why was it risky? Because the situation around us was changing.

"Things are starting to get quite complicated..."

There were two things that concerned me.

First, the actions of the demons.

The demons had targeted Krios and caused the stampede. The one in Horizon was probably the work of that guy, Weiss. With a power like his, you wouldn’t expect demons like him to be popping up everywhere. It was almost certain he was behind it.

The objective for targeting Krios could be linked to the Oni, but why was Horizon attacked? It wasn’t a unique town like some others; it was a regular town, much like many others.

Well, with Kanade and others, it might have been unique due to the presence of multiple "strongest types."

"Wait, does that mean they were targeting us?"

But that didn’t seem right either. If they were targeting us, there would be other ways to do it.

To target a single person, their approach seemed far too sloppy. There were many ways to avoid being caught.

"So, they were aiming for the town itself, or the people living there?"

Weiss didn't reveal his motive until the very end. It must've been an important mission for him.

What do the demons prioritize most?

"...For the sake of the Demon Lord, that's likely it."

The demons were probably acting with the primary goal of awakening the dormant Demon Lord.

If that's the case...

Could the recent incidents be seen as necessary to awaken the Demon Lord? For example, by causing a stampede and producing many casualties, they could offer the souls of those victims to awaken the Demon Lord.

"...But that's not quite right."

It's not a bad guess, but it leaves some questions unanswered. Why target Krios? If they needed a large number of souls, targeting an ordinary town without any Oni would be more effective.

Or maybe not. Since Horizon was also targeted, does that mean it's not as much of a mystery? Maybe there's nothing inherently strange about targeting both places.

"This is making my head spin," I thought, feeling my brain overheat from thinking too much.

I decided to stop pondering for the time being.

"I need more information before I can reach any conclusions."

The demons had been acting more aggressively lately. Monica's words also raised concerns, suggesting that I needed to keep a closer eye on the demons' movements.

"Speaking of Monica, what about Arios?"

Arios escaped from prison with Monica's help. That much was certain.

So, the two of them were probably still acting together. And Monica was proven to have connections with the demons.

If that's the case, then Arios might be involved with the demons...

"No, that's jumping to conclusions."

Even Arios wouldn't willingly cooperate with demons, I thought. He probably wasn't aware of Monica's connections to the demons and was being used without knowing it.

However, Arios had recently been mentally unstable, so it wasn't impossible that he might change his mind and start cooperating with demons.

"The demons, Arios... there's a lot to think about, and it's exhausting."

I let out a deep sigh. I needed to discuss all this with Kais.

"...Speaking of which, isn't Kais taking too long?"

It had been quite some time, but he still hadn't shown up. Maybe the urgent matter he was attending to took longer than expected?

"Excuse me."

A knock on the door echoed, and a woman entered the room. She was wearing the "Shield of Truth," which Arios should have been carrying.

TL Note- Had my exams on Sunday so we missed the Saturday update but looks like A new hero no a new heroine had met Rain.



Comments

Popular Posts