The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 319: The end of the mad feast

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Why... why would someone like me... to a human... guh!?"

While clutching his chest from his torn abdomen, Weiss knelt on the floor.

It seemed he had no strength left to stand up anymore, his body trembling weakly.

However, it wasn't like he had mentally surrendered; he glared at me with resentment.

"The match is over."

"...Kill me."

Feeling that the situation couldn't be reversed, Weiss seemed to accept defeat and spoke words admitting his loss.

Despite talking about humans being humans, he was surprisingly straightforward.

Well, perhaps it's just his pride speaking, not wanting to show an unsightly figure in front of those he looks down upon.

"Of course, you will be defeated here. But, I have something I want to ask before that."

That's why I deliberately avoided striking a vital spot, to prevent finishing him in one blow.

"What do you want to ask?"

"You were the one causing the Stampedes, weren't you? The Stampede in Horizon was also your doing, right?"

"..."

"You don't have to answer. I'm pretty much convinced already."

He could manipulate targets freely by connecting threads of magic to them, whether they were alive or dead.

So, was he manipulating the monsters? Controlling them to cause Stampedes?

Thinking that way, everything starts to make sense. In fact, there's no other possibility.

The predictions of the oni tribe people were spot on.

But mysteries remain.

"Why were you causing Stampedes? What was your goal?"

"... "

"You don't intend to talk, is that it?"

"..."

While Weiss looked at me, he remained silent, his lips tightly sealed.

Even though he didn't speak, it was as if he was urging me to hurry up and kill him.

"I understand that you won't easily spill the beans."

"You understand well."

"Then... this is the end."

I readied Kamui once again.

I don't think of someone who can't move anymore as... well, as anything else. I may be often called naive, but after doing all this, tormenting Rifa... I have no intention of forgiving Weiss for it.

Besides, if I let him go here, he'll spread the same calamity somewhere else. Absolutely. That's the kind of guy he is... an enemy.

So, I'll hunt him down here.

"Rain."

While keeping an eye on Weiss so he doesn't escape, I glance behind, where Rifa has approached.

She has a composed expression, but... I can see traces of tears around her eyes, which hurts my heart.

"...What about big brother?"

"He's fine. I sent big brother away."

"I see."

"Thank you. It's thanks to Rain."

"I haven't done anything."

"No, if it weren't for you, big brother would still be suffering. So... thank you."

Perhaps remembering her big brother, Rifa's face distorts slightly.

But she doesn't shed tears, she endures it.

She's a strong kid.

If I were in the same position, I don't think I could be like Rifa.

"Let me do it."

"That's..."

I immediately understand the meaning of those words.

That's why I hesitate.

Rifa wants to avenge her big brother with her own hands.

I don't deny her desire for revenge.

However, that in itself can become a burden on the heart.

Strong emotions, regardless of their type, tend to cause some sort of overload.

But sometimes, taking action can clear the mind.

When I think about that, I can't deny her.

"...Okay."

After a short moment of consideration, I decide to yield to Rifa.

After all, in this situation, only Rifa has the right to deliver the final blow to Weiss.

So, despite the burden it may bring, I leave it to Rifa.

That's the best course of action.

"Thank you, Rain."

Yielding the way to Rifa, I step back.

Of course, I remain vigilant even during this time.

Weiss may no longer have combat capabilities...

But in his current cornered state, who knows what he might do.

"My end will be at the hands of a brat like you..."

"I'll avenge big brother."

"...Hmph, do as you wish."

"Yeah, I will."

Rifa generates a scythe made of blood and raises it high.

Weiss, on the other hand, remains motionless on his knees on the floor.

Is he unable to move, completely resigned... or perhaps.

"This is... the end."

As Rifa swung down her scythe made of blood...

"You fool!"

At the moment the scythe was about to strike down, Weiss moved.

Displaying remarkable instantaneous power, he lunged at Rifa.

Presumably, he intended to use her as a hostage or something.

However... I had anticipated such a last-ditch effort.

So, I didn't panic.

I could deal with it calmly.

"What!?"

Weiss, attempting to lunge at Rifa, was suddenly repelled as if by something.

He rolled on the floor, propelled and crashed into the wall.

With enough force to crack the wall, a considerable roar echoed.

Seemingly due to the considerable impact, Weiss writhed and struggled like a fish thrown ashore.

Approaching Weiss in his agony, Rifa raised her blood scythe again.

"What... what just happened!?"

"I saw through your last-ditch effort. So, I took precautions."

I had generated a repulsive field between Rifa and Weiss by manipulating gravity.

There was no way I thought Weiss would quietly accept being defeated.

That was my insurance.

"Rain, thanks."

"No problem. But more importantly... let's settle this."

"Yeah."

"You... Youuuu!?"

"I'll end this."

"Absurd!? For me, for me to end up like this...!!!"

"Goodbye."

Rifa swung her blood scythe straight down.

Sshh!!! A sharp sound of cutting through the wind.

...

Weiss's movement abruptly stopped.

He couldn't even make a sound.

After a moment...

His body was split from the center to the sides.

Instead of blood spurting out, something like black mist overflowed.

Eventually, his body turned to dust and disappeared into the sunlight.

...

Watching Weiss completely disappear, Rifa slowly relaxed her stance.

She released the blood scythe and returned the blood to her body.

Then, Rifa let out a small sigh.

Gently, she placed a hand on her chest.

She looked up at the ceiling and softly opened her mouth.

What did she whisper?

I couldn't hear it either, only Rifa knows.

TL Note- We need a Rifa's Pov ASAP....



Comments

Popular Posts