The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 317 VS Weiss

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


With Kamui in hand, I clash with Weiss several times.

Weiss wields threads of demonic power to control the Oni tribe and deflects my attacks.

Moreover, he launches attacks at opportune moments.

This is the second time I've fought against demons. However, this is my first time facing a humanoid opponent.

I remain vigilant, alternating between attack and defense without exposing any openings.

Fortunately, I've managed to hold my own so far.

However... something's off.

His movements are erratic, and sometimes, they suddenly slow down. Despite that, my attacks never reach him.

It's as if he's toying with me...?

"Hmm... it's about time."

"What do you mean?"

"Just watch. You're in for a treat."

Weiss backs away, creating distance between us.

He wouldn't go through the trouble for no reason. Assuming the possibility of a trap is low, I pause as well.

And then it happens.

"Ugh... ah, aaah... Uwaaaahhhhhh!!!"

A piercing scream shakes the battlefield.

That voice... Rifa!?

I turn around in a panic to see Rifa shedding tears.

"Big brother...! Big brother, big brother, big brother!!!"

"Rifa... what's happening...?"

"How's that? Isn't it amusing?"

Weiss twists his mouth into a grotesque smile.

"Reuniting with a brother you thought you'd never see again. It's quite emotional, isn't it?"

"Is this... your doing?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Why... would you do something like that?"

"You ask strange questions. It's because it's amusing, isn't it?"

As if it's the most natural thing, Weiss responds.

He wears a face that implies there's no other answer, not to provoke me, but simply because there isn't.

Ah... I see, that's how it is.

I just understood.

This guy... is an enemy!!!

"You bastard!!!"

"Hmm!?"

Before I realize it, my body is moving.

Running, I release needles from Narukami to distract him.

Then I shoot wires to restrain Weiss and strike him with Kamui.

However, he won't go down easily.

Even while restrained, he manages to move his fingers freely, stacking threads of demonic power to form a shield, blocking my attacks.

"Really now... I'm in the middle of speaking, and you suddenly attack. That's typical of humans..."

"Shut up! I don't want to hear another word from you!!!"

My body burns.

Anger surges endlessly, overwhelming me.

Though my remaining reason struggles to calm my raging heart, it's futile...

In the end, it dissipates quickly.

Anger.

Anger.

Anger.

An endless fury propels me forward.

Demons aren't just enemies of humans; they're incompatible with all living beings.

They're the natural enemies of all life.

Thus, I understand the hostility between us.

I understand that death might be the outcome of our conflict.

However... handling the opponent's corpse like a toy, trampling their dignity, and harming innocent girls like Rifa is unforgivable.

I will never allow such a thing.

This guy...I won't forgive him!!!

"Good grief... fighting fueled by anger. Humans are indeed foolish. By doing such things, you won't be able to withstand my tenfold power."

Threads of demonic power extend from Weiss's fingertips.

A total of ten.

As if no longer needing to manipulate corpses, he directs them all towards me, converting them into attacks.

The ten threads of demonic power undulate irregularly like living creatures, assaulting me.

From the front, the back, the right, the left, from above...

From every angle, they block my escape routes and assail me.

"Fireball Multi-Shot!"

I intercept three approaching threads of demonic power with magic...

"Material Creation!"

I create a stone wall to intercept the threads of demonic power approaching from blind spots.

"How naive."

"Huh!?"

Furthermore, ten more threads of demonic power are devised.

They descend from above, raining down on me like a meteor shower.

"Urgh!"

"It's not over yet."

Ten more threads of demonic power are added, filling the space.

A total of thirty threads of demonic power.

They spread out like a prison, sealing my escape routes...

And piercing through my body.

"Argh!"

Unable to avoid them, my right arm and right leg are pierced.

Like being stabbed with needles, the wounds themselves are small, and there's little bleeding.

However, the pain is considerable, and attempting to move sends a numbing shock through my body.

"How is it? This is my power."

"..."

"My threads of demonic power serve both offense and defense. They don't allow the opponent any chance to escape or to attack."

"..."

"I'll tell you this, there's no limit to this. I still have dozens more threads of demonic power..."

"Shut up."

"Hmm?"

Despite the pain, I don't care.

Even though my right arm and right leg are pierced, even moving them slightly sends shocks through my body, but I don't care.

I can't afford to care.

Because there's someone who's hurt more than me.

Lost their brother...

And had that brother turned into a tool of war...

Rifa's heart is more wounded than anyone else's here.

That guy who pulled off such a ridiculous stunt.

The demon... Weiss.

I will never forgive him!!!

TL Note- Rain is out for blood.....



Comments

Popular Posts