The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 313 Marionette Master


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

At the deepest part was the Throne Room.

Even though it was decayed, traces of luxurious decorations could be seen here and there.

The Throne Room was spacious enough to allow for a little movement.

At the back, there was a throne in tatters.

And there sat a man.

He was much older than us... you could say he was middle-aged. His hair, streaked with white, flowed behind him. He was clad in a black coat.

"Rain, be careful."

"I know."

Without needing to heed Rifa's warning, instinct told me not to underestimate him. Though he appeared old, inside, he was something else entirely. Just facing him made sweat trickle down my back.

"Are you intruders?"

The old man spoke.

Though his voice was hoarse, it was filled with an intimidating presence that shook the soul.

"I suppose I should at least introduce myself. My name is Weiss."

"I'm Rain Shroud."

"Hmm? The one Reez mentioned?"

"Reez?"

"...That was a slip of the tongue. Well, never mind. Either way, you'll disappear here."

Weiss stood up.

Everyone tensed.

"Seeing a daughter of the Oni Tribe, you've come to hinder me, haven't you?"

"So, it's safe to assume you're the one causing the Stampede?"

"Yes, that's right."

"You admit it so readily?"

"I don't like pointless exchanges. Besides, it's not something to hide."

"Who exactly are you? Why are you doing this?"

"You might have an idea, but I am a demon."

"You're...?"

I never thought he was just a regular human. I'd heard the story from Rifa, but still, the fact that this old man was a demon...

Compared to the one that appeared in Horizon before, there were many differences.

"Hmm. Your face suggests you've seen demons before, right? You're probably bewildered by the differences between that one and me, right?"

Do I have such an easily understandable expression...?

At a time like this, I found myself lost in thought.

"Just as there are various ultimate beings, there are various types of demons as well. Well, this appearance is just a temporary one created by magic."

"I see..."

"Now then... let's leave the lecture here. Shall we begin?"

Magical energy and fighting spirit emanated from Weiss's body.

"First, let me even the odds a bit."

Weiss snapped his fingers.

In response to the sound, Weiss's shadow spread in a circle.

From within the shadow, demons overflowed one after another.

It seemed like half were B-rank, and half were A-rank demons.

And also...

"Long time no see, Rain-san. Do you remember me?"

"I think you're Monica, right?"

From the depths, a woman clad in knight's armor appeared.

She held a drawn sword and wore a bewitching smile.

"It seems you remembered me. I'm glad. It would be embarrassing if I were forgotten."

"Why are you here?"

"The answer is simple. In fact, there is no other answer. It's because I'm an ally of the demons..."

"Are you a demon too?"

"No. I'm human."

"A human allied with demons...?"

"Well, chatting with you, Rain-san, seems fun, but... that's for another time. Right now, I'm one of Weiss-sama's pawns."

With that, Monica said, taking her place next to Weiss, sword at the ready.

It was a flawless stance.

The sword wasn't ordinary either; seeing the characters engraved on the blade, it seemed to be some kind of magical sword.

"Now then... are the odds even?"

"Don't underestimate us. It's nothing."

"Do you intend to win against us?"

"If you're going to challenge us, we won't hold back!"

"I'll return those words to you."

Weiss spoke confidently.

Despite having to face such powerful opponents, there was no hint of agitation or hesitation. He possessed absolute confidence and seemed to have no doubt about his victory. It might be wise to assume he has some hidden cards.

"Everyone, don't let your guard down. His confidence isn't just blind bravery; it seems to be based on some calculations."

"Does that mean he has a plan to defeat all of us?"

"It might be a trap."

"We don't know, but let's remain vigilant. Even if there's a trap, let's be prepared to deal with it."

"Hmm. For humans, you're quite calm and intelligent. I'm a little impressed. You seem different from the Oni Tribe that charged in recklessly like wild boars."

"!!!"

Rifa glared sharply at Weiss, her canine teeth bared.

If it weren't for us, she might have pounced on him right then and there.

Seeing Rifa's reaction, Weiss seemed to remember something.

"Hmm. I think I've seen that girl's face somewhere before. She resembles the Oni Tribe from before."

"...I'm my big brother's little sister. I'm here to avenge my brother!"

"I see, I see. The little sister of that Oni Tribe... heheh."

Weiss chuckled gleefully.

It was like the reaction of a child who found an interesting toy.

"Rejoice, daughter of the Oni Tribe. I'll let you and your brother be together."

"What do you...?"

Weiss waved his right hand.

Everyone tensed up, but... nothing happened.

I suspiciously glanced at Weiss, he flashed a sinister grin.

And... that malice manifested.

From both sides of the throne, paths extended.

Probably leading to the king's chambers and such.

Multiple figures emerged from there.

"What...!?"

Four men and women appeared.

Without any vitality, they had expressionless, doll-like faces.

Their movements were awkward, as if their limbs were broken.

And... all of them had horns on their foreheads.

"Could they be hostages!?"

"That would indeed be a useful tactic. Unfortunately, that's not the case. When I killed them, I hadn't anticipated your assault."

"Then, what in the world...?"

"Ah... ahhhh..."

"Rifa?"

I noticed something strange about Rifa's behavior.

She was trembling, her face showing a mixture of shock and... if I had to put it into words...

Joy.

"...Big brother..."

"Huh!?"

Wait... then, could it be that the Oni Tribe man over there is Rifa's brother?

However, the man... he didn't seem to notice us, or Rifa, and showed no reaction whatsoever.

Just awkwardly moving like a puppet, he followed behind Weiss.

"This is..."

"Let me explain my ability."

Weiss said with a gleeful expression.

Truly gleeful...

And grotesque.

"Demons are similar to the Oni Tribe in some ways. Each has its own original ability. The demon you defeated before had the ability to transform its body into beasts and infinitely multiply... it had the power of self-replication."

"How do you...!?"

"Well, I won't provide all the details. But, I'll tell you about my ability. My ability is... manipulation."

"Manipulation...?"

"I can connect threads of magical power like this and freely manipulate the target."

Upon closer inspection, five threads extended from Weiss's fingertips... a total of ten from both hands.

Those threads were connected to the Oni Tribe people.

"No way..."

"You seem to have figured it out. Yes... these people are already dead."

"!"

"And now, they're my puppets. They'll obediently do anything I say. For example, like this."

When Weiss lightly bent his finger, Rifa's brother moved.

Perhaps from the battle scars with Weiss, his body was wounded in several places.

Despite that, Rifa's brother swung his arm.

Blood gushed from the wound on his arm, forming into small spears.

They flew straight...

"!?"

Grazing Rifa's cheek.

Her cheek was cut, and blood trickled down.

"Like this... it's also possible to make one's own sister attack. Like manipulating puppets, I can force anything. Hence, I am called... the Marionette Master."

"You...!!!"

This... is absolutely unforgivable!!!

TL Note- And a cliffhanger.......




Comments

Popular Posts