The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 236: Showing your true potential

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



"Fuu"

After fighting for about ten minutes...

I managed to disperse the swarm of Chimera Spiders somehow.

Individually, they weren't much of a threat, but they were incredibly numerous.

No matter how many I knocked down, there seemed to be no end to them. It sent shivers down my spine...

But it appeared to be the last wave, as reinforcements finally ceased, and I was able to annihilate them all.

"They're quite troublesome, aren't they?"

Numerous traps set within the ruins.

Monsters that weren't easy to deal with.

I might even lose my life if I'm not careful. That's the level of difficulty we're talking about here.

This was the A-Rank promotion test, so it was expected to be exceptionally challenging.

"I hope everyone is okay..."

Everyone was much stronger than me.

Unforeseen events were unlikely, but still, I couldn't help but worry.

"We need to reunite as soon as possible."

In ruins like these, they should be at the edges... there!

"Could you lend me a hand?"

I tamed a rat.

I had it gather my companions and tame several dozen more rats.

I scattered them throughout the ruins.

If these rats, who call this place home, could find everyone, then...

They could search for everyone...

And then guide them to reunite.

I gave them those instructions.

"Oh, that was fast."

Three rats returned and looked up at me, squeaking.

It seemed they had found someone.

"Guide me, please."

Once again, they chirped cheerfully and started running.

They were surprisingly fast.

I had to run to keep up.

Occasionally, while fending off the monsters we encountered, I followed the rats.

In the meantime, we descended several levels of the ruins.

It seemed everyone was aiming for the deepest part.

Rather than searching aimlessly, they probably believed they could definitely reunite at the goal.

"What's that... stop."

I spotted something and gave the rats the command to stop.

The rats stopped.

I hid in the shadows and cautiously looked ahead through the corridor.

"Hikarigoke(Luminous Moss) Spider... It's unusual for them to inhabit a place like this."

Unlike the monster from earlier, it was just an ordinary spider.

About the size of a fingertip.

They were called Hikarigoke Spiders because they adorned themselves with luminescent moss.

These Hikarigoke Spiders had an interesting ecology.

"...There it is."

Following the Hikarigoke Spider's path with my eyes, I saw the form of a familiar monster.

A Killer Tiger.

The passage ahead opened into a plaza, where multiple Killer Tigers could be seen.

Hikarigoke Spiders fed on monster bodily fluids.

So, it was said that where Hikarigoke Spiders were found, monsters were nearby.

"Being cautious was the right choice."

I didn't feel like I would lose to Killer Tigers at this point, but they were still troublesome opponents.

In a confined space and facing several of them, it could get fairly tricky.

Fortunately, or perhaps thanks to my orders, there were other passages.

I instructed the rats to take a different route.

Under my command, the rats turned left and proceeded down a different corridor.

I followed their backs.

And that's how it went.

Avoiding danger by relying on small animals and insects we encountered along the way.

And then, guiding me through the paths with the help of the rats.

Things were going smoothly.

Although I had been temporarily separated from everyone, and for a moment I was worried about what might happen...

I felt like I could somehow overcome it alone.

"But still... being alone is lonely."

Even though we were only temporarily separated, I felt strangely uneasy.

It wasn't a comforting feeling, or a calming one...

It was simply that being together with everyone had become the norm.

I had come to rely on everyone like that.

I wasn't in a hurry because I believed we would reunite soon...

But what if?

What if... we were separated from each other for a long time?

What if I wanted to see them but couldn't?

What would I do then...?

――――――――――

"Over here! This way looks suspicious!"

"Are you really okay? Sora, is really, really anxious..."

Kanade pointed energetically down the corridor. In contrast, Sora had a worried expression.

Separated from Rain and others...

Kanade and Sora explored the ruins together.

They should be able to reunite if they reach the bottom floor, which is the goal. So, they continued to descend the stairs relentlessly.

"If only Kanade hadn't scared away that rat earlier, we might have been able to meet up with Rain..."

"Uh... S-Sorry?"

"Oh dear..."

Not too long ago...

A rat appeared in front of Kanade and Sora. Rats are cautious creatures and rarely appear in front of people.

Sora quickly understood. Surely, this rat was tamed by Rain. It must be searching for them.

If they followed the rat, they could reunite with Rain. They had such expectations...

Kanade, upon seeing the rat, narrowed her pupils and began chasing it while making meowing sounds. The rat had no choice but to flee in a panic. Fear overwhelmed it more than Rain's command, and it dashed away.

As a result, Kanade and Sora lost their guide... leading to their current situation.

"Why did you do that?"

"Uh... I don't know, when I saw the rat, I got all antsy and couldn't resist... It's instinct, you know?"

"Like a cat."

"I'm a Cat Spirit, so in a way, I am like a cat..."

"Good grief... You're a troublesome alley cat."

"Even Sora is saying that!?"

"Well, let's go. Since we've lost our guide, Sora and I will have to find Rain and the others on our own."

"Ugh, I'm really sorry, meow..."

"Good grief... Kanade is more disappointing than Luna in some ways."

"Disappointing cat!?"

Despite everything, the two seemed to get along well. While chatting casually, they continued deeper into the ruins, aiming for the bottom floor.

And so, how many stairs had they descended?

How many corridors had they walked through?

They emerged into an open space.

It was surprisingly vast, considering it was underground, and the air was clear.

In the center of the plaza, they saw something resembling an altar.

A statue resembling a god stood there.

On the floor in front of it, a magic circle was drawn.

It had intricate patterns and was faintly glowing.

And then...

"Oh, Cell!"

"Oh?"

Cell, the examiner, was standing in front of the altar.

TL Note- Cell appears?


Comments

Popular Posts