The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 209: Tania's Thoughts, Part 2

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


I couldn't become willing to go back to the party...

I wanted to be alone a little longer, so I moved to the other side where Rain and Mom are not... to the hill behind the house.

The view from here is beautiful.

I can overlook the town...

And when I look up, the stars are shining.

I sit on the ground and look up at the sky.

Then, I reach out my hand gently.

It felt like I could touch the stars in the night sky.

*Exhales*

Somehow, I recall Rain and Mom's conversation...

And I can't help but grin.

I feel bad for eavesdropping...

But I was able to find out what Rain usually thinks about.

It makes me happy.

Speaking of happy, there's one more thing.

"Even though I told him to stop... Rain at that moment was kinda cool."

I recall what happened when he saved me.

When Rain saw me all battered up, he was angry.

He had a face I've never seen before, so scary.

I feel sorry for making him like that...

But at the same time, I also feel happy.

It's a selfish thought, though...

That he would get that angry for my sake, it just makes me delighted.

Being angry = caring about me, that's what it means.

I should stop, but I can't help feeling happy about it.

It's contradictory, but it can't be helped.

A girl's heart is complicated.

"...Rain..."

Once I start thinking, I can't stop thinking about Rain.

Rain's angry face.

Rain's smiling face.

Rain's troubled face.

Rain's...

I don't know why, but I can't get Rain out of my head.

I've had similar experiences before...

But this time, it's the first time it's been so intense.

What on earth is happening?

"...Well, there's no need to think about it."

I raise my knees.

And bury my face in between.

Even though I know that no one is watching...

Still, I don't want anyone to see my flushed face.

I hide my face between my knees...

And then, I whisper in a small voice that only I can hear.

"I... I like Rain."

As soon as I put it into words, a strong realization rushes over me.

My chest fills with warm feelings, and the heat in my face intensifies.

My heart pounds loudly, thumping and thumping.

"Oh my... I never expected it would come to this..."

When we first met, my impression of him was just a slightly odd person.

I thought it would be fun to be around him, so I decided to follow along.

As we traveled together, my interest in Rain grew...

Gradually, I started spending more time thinking about him...

Before I knew it, I found myself gazing at him with my eyes...

And then, there was this incident.

If he shows me how much he's willing to do for my sake... Well, it's irresistible, isn't it?

Even if it pierces my heart deeply, it can't be helped.

"Heheh..."

While thinking about Rain, a smile unknowingly appears on my face.

I'm probably wearing a mischievous and carefree smile right now.

It's a face I would never show to anyone else.

But, maybe it's okay to show it to Rain...

"But... I'm thinking such embarrassing thoughts, aren't I? Seriously, how much do I really like Rain?"

I chuckle at my own feelings.

But it can't be helped, can it?

Because I like Rain that much.

"What does Rain... think of me?"

Considering how angry he gets, he must care about me, right...?

But when it comes to whether it's romantic interest or not, that's a questionable area.

"Hmm... He doesn't have a girlfriend yet, right? There's no such atmosphere, so that seems certain. What about someone he likes... I wonder?"

Among the girls with the most interaction with Rain, it's us.

Kanade, Sora, Luna, Nina, Tina.

Nina is still young, so it's understandable that there's nothing there...

Sora and Luna are also slightly suspicious ages, aren't they?

As potential candidates, they still seem lacking.

In that case, the rivals would be Kanade and Tina, I suppose?

But Tina and Rain have the shortest history together, so it feels sudden to develop feelings for her.

And with Kanade, the atmosphere is more like that of a close friend than a lover.

There's no hint of that sweet atmosphere.

So, that leaves me as the one with the highest possibility...

"Whaaaat?!"

At that moment, my face flushes even more intensely.

For some reason, I feel incredibly embarrassed and cover my face with both hands.

I was just... imagining being together with Rain.

I was smiling, thinking about that moment...

"Oh, geez!"

I flailed about in that spot.

If there were people nearby, they would surely tilt their heads, wondering what's going on.

"Love... It's such a troublesome thing..."

It's as if I'm losing myself.

But... it feels light and very pleasant.

I am now... in love.

"Rain... I love you..."

Uttering the feelings that I can't yet confess...

Underneath the starry sky.

For a little while longer, I will continue to think about Rain.

TL Note- Tania- A maiden in love 😍 


Comments

Popular Posts